Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I saw that as well. Just laughable. O'Reilly+ for Marchand? Kelly+2nd+Bartkowski? Koko+pick? :help: Even the worst Leaf fan will offer something better than that.

If chiarelli offered Marchand,Kelly,Bart, Koko and 2nd plus another pick I wouldn't trade ROR. The conversation starts with Hamiliton.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
D Christian Ehrhoff - BUF - 31 y/o - $4m cap hit until 2021

D Mark Giordano - CGY - 30 y/o - $4m cap hit until 2016

D Brian Campbell - FLA - 34 y/o - $7.15m cap hit until 2016

D Kimmo Timonen - PHI - 38 y/o - $6m cap hit until 2014

D Mark Streit - PHI - 35 y/o - $5.25m cap hit until 2016

Random option although I think he's done:

D Sergei Gonchar - DAL - 39 y/o - $5m cap hit until 2015

--

Giordano would cost the most, I'd imagine. I looked at the teams struggling and for left-handed defensemen either 30 or older who can move the puck well.

Ehrhoff, Timonen, and Campbell are the only ones I like that could be available. I don't think Giordano or Gonchar is available, and Streit's contract is too risky for my liking.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Good Lord, 1st and a 2nd AND Marchand? Hell I'd take the 1st by itself without hesitation.

#1 - It says a 1st OR 2nd and Marchand.

#2 - If you'd trade O'Reilly for Boston's 1st round pick, well... let's just thank the heavens you have absolutely nothing to do with the Colorado Avalanche.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

#2 - If you'd trade O'Reilly for Boston's 1st round pick, well... let's just thank the heavens you have absolutely nothing to do with the Colorado Avalanche.

Pretty sure he's joking.

Next time you need to add the ":sarcasm:" because you had me refreshing Twitter as I was clicking the link at the same time.

Bad form D2M, bad form.

It's funnier if I leave out the :sarcasm:

:D

did on purpose

Boston fans are going to go crazy if they see this post, but a signed ROR is worth Dougie Hamilton IMO.

ROR as a RFA is worth Hamilton... a signed ROR is worth more than just Hamilton.

Let them go crazy, Ryan isn't going anywhere.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Boston fans are going to go crazy if they see this post, but a signed ROR is worth Dougie Hamilton IMO.

I don't get any star vibe when I see Hamilton. Perhaps he just needs to grow into his frame to start asserting himself. Not that O'Reilly has any star vibe either, of course.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Anyone know what's going on over on the Boston board right now? ROR's qualifying offer has to be 6.5m+10%? His QO has to be over 7m? O'Reilly apparently wants to play for the Bruins? :help: I don't even know where that stuff is coming from.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Anyone know what's going on over on the Boston board right now? ROR's qualifying offer has to be 6.5m+10%? His QO has to be over 7m? O'Reilly apparently wants to play for the Bruins? :help: I don't even know where that stuff is coming from.

The 10% rule only applies for contracts below $3.5M or even something much lower like $1.5M. I can't recall which. It doesn't apply for O'Reilly either way.

The O'Reilly - Boston thing is because someone from their board asked him if the would like to play for Boston when he was practicing with the London Knights when he didn't have a contract and I guess he politely said he wouldn't mind and that somehow has resulted in their board believing O'Reilly's life long dream is to be a Bruin. Just like Sakic dreamed of playing for Canucks, I guess.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
With the way things are going on the ice, Avs will have a tough decision to make if Stastny does not want to re-sign.

1) Keep him as a "rental" and let him walk this summer. Reward the team for playing well by maximizing their chances of making the playoffs.
2) Trade him at deadline to get some asset in return for a pending UFA because you can't let premium assets go for nothing.

Tough choice. I used to be more in favor of the latter but I'm starting to think perhaps keeping him would be the right thing to do.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

Again, disregard that post. I misunderstood what they were talking about--for some reason I didn't read that they were trading for O'Reilly.

Burnaby_Joe*

With the way things are going on the ice, Avs will have a tough decision to make if Stastny does not want to re-sign.

1) Keep him as a "rental" and let him walk this summer. Reward the team for playing well by maximizing their chances of making the playoffs.
2) Trade him at deadline to get some asset in return for a pending UFA because you can't let premium assets go for nothing.

Tough choice. I used to be more in favor of the latter but I'm starting to think perhaps keeping him would be the right thing to do.

If we have no chance at all signing him, he has to be traded. We can't lose him for nothing. That's my opinion. ;)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I would have said option 2 but if there is a realistic chance at playoffs they can't punt that away either. It is going to be a tough call. Hopefully Staz and Sakic have a good honest convo about the future. As long as they are honest I'm confident the Avs will make the right decision either way.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

We should probably know well before the deadline on where the team stands with Stastny. A contract extension should be fairly easy to reach provided both sides want the other.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We should probably know well before the deadline on where the team stands with Stastny. A contract extension should be fairly easy to reach provided both sides want the other.

This, if we don't have a firm idea of what the future holds for Stastny come the deadline, that'll be a huge failure by Sakic. We need to either have Staz re-signed, know he's walking, or have an extension agreed on in principle, by the time the deadline arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->