Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He will be tied up in court on July 1 :laugh: but I wonder how cheaply Jarret Stoll could be had on July 2. I'd have no issue with him being our third line centre. Who knows, maybe he and Sekera became pals as well!
I really don't think he's a good 3rd line center anymore. His offense is way down and he's getting slower.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He will be tied up in court on July 1 :laugh: but I wonder how cheaply Jarret Stoll could be had on July 2. I'd have no issue with him being our third line centre. Who knows, maybe he and Sekera became pals as well!

At least you know he will bring a ton of energy! :naughty:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Voynov July 6th in court. Stoll July 1st in court.

The judges are Ducks fans?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I guess he has certainly slowed down. Maybe it's better to offer that opportunity to a younger guy who will at least bring determination into making his mark in the league. Unfortunately Bleackley isn't ready yet and Hishon just shouldn't be your 3rd C. Especially with Roy's team vision.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Soderberg is really the best UFA option for a #3C... he won't have the demands of Vermette, but is probably as capable in the role.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
At least you know he will bring a ton of energy! :naughty:

Haha. I saw a meme which showed Sutter saying "Stoll you'll be on the 3rd line tonight." Stoll responds and says "Way ahead of ya coach, i'm already on my 4th."

I wouldn't have any worry about Stoll from a character/team standpoint. Of course it was dumb what he did, but i'm not oblivious to the fact that the only difference between him and so many other guys are that he got caught. Stoll's personal life wont be anything different than what his teammates are used to. I guess my question mark about Stoll would be his actual ability which TMV brought up.

I love the thought of Soderberg. Just don't think it's affordable.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Soderberg won't be too cheap. Can we afford to bring him in if we're keeping O'Reilly and signing one defenseman for $4.5-5.5M/yr? I haven't looked at the numbers (CapGeek!) but I doubt that would possible. Or it could be possible right now but it would hurt us next year.

Gotta find a way to get Kruger out of Chicago. He's not big but he's so good in the bottom six.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Soderberg is affordable if the cap is expected to increase a fair bit. That is only slightly in the NHL's control. Vegas will help increase it (early years they will produce more revenue than they cost, might change later on), but really it depends on oil prices and what the Canadian dollar does. If it rebounds to say 88 cents by next summer, the cap will go up a fair amount and would give the Avs a good amount of room to make some moves like Soderberg. How aggressive they want to be there is something only the organization can really answer.

As the Avs sit now, they have about 58.5m tied up for 15-16. That is with 13F, 6D, and 2G... With the cap at ~70m, they will have about 12m to spread across 2-3 spots.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Soderberg won't be too cheap. Can we afford to bring him in if we're keeping O'Reilly and signing one defenseman for $4.5-5.5M/yr? I haven't looked at the numbers (CapGeek!) but I doubt that would possible. Or it could be possible right now but it would hurt us next year.

Gotta find a way to get Kruger out of Chicago. He's not big but he's so good in the bottom six.

seconded. best 4th liner in the league and would be good 3rd line C.

roy might opt for more size though... mitchell, RoR, duchene down the middle is small.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We need about 12m for Barrie/EJ/MacK/ROR extensions. Last thing I want is for us to be in cap hell next summer. Let's not be short sighted and forget about keeping the core players.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We need about 12m for Barrie/EJ/MacK/ROR extensions. Last thing I want is for us to be in cap hell next summer. Let's not be short sighted and forget about keeping the core players.

If you spent ~8.5m on Soderberg + 1 D, then the Avs would be around 67m for 15-16. Then a bunch of contracts come off the books in 2016 including ~$6.5m in Tangs and McGinn. Also Talbot's .875m comes off as well. It is possible to spend some money this summer and still have room to re-sign the core... tight, but possible.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Soderberg is really the best UFA option for a #3C... he won't have the demands of Vermette, but is probably as capable in the role.

I think that Vermette is going to be very, very surprised come July 1st when there aren't teams lining up to hand him all the money in the world and a long-term deal. I won't be, but given the earlier reports of him wanting 6+ million, it honestly wouldn't shock me if he gets half of that, maybe less, given how much he's sucked since arriving in Chicago

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Moser and McNab did a season ending podcast. Just listening a bit now, but here's the link.

https://soundcloud.com/altituderadionetwork/avs-season-review-pod-final?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter
Not a lot super interesting here. Some of the more interesting parts, McNab talking about his own personal experience of how injuries aren't to blame, but they change your role on the team and you aren't capable of playing above what you are used too (uses his own personal experience). Both won't blame the defense, but they think there will be changes. McNab wants to have Barrie's babies. Avs love Bigras.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 26m26 minutes ago
Panthers have been notified that prospect Zach Hyman won't be signing w/them. Possible he gets traded before hitting UFA on Aug. 16.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 26m26 minutes ago
Panthers have been notified that prospect Zach Hyman won't be signing w/them. Possible he gets traded before hitting UFA on Aug. 16.

And not a single person is shocked. :nod:

To clue people in... google Stuart Hyman Toronto.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Depends... Is ROR still on the team at that point? If not, did he bring back a center?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Would you guys offer Vermette something like 4.25 over 4 or 5 years?

Don't think so. He's a fine player but look what happened to him once he went to an offensive team that wants to play fast. Maybe he's better off on the third line but that's still a lot for a 33 year old third line center.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He has to have no value because of his contract, injuries, and play, but sounds like Cowen wants out of Ottawa badly. Still pretty young but hasn't been close to good last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad