Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The draft lottery next year and beyond is going to be crazy fun for non-playoff teams. They'll lottery the first 3 picks, right?

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I missed quite a bit while on vacation, not sure if I should dredge it up. Ignore if I am too late :).

On the trade Duchene thing...no. Not now, not after we sign ROR. Not ever. I may at times bag on him, but he belongs on the Avs. (Yes, there might be a situation where I would be OK with trading him, but highly unlikely).

Comparing ROR's season to Duchene's...ROR had a better season overall. They both had issues at times, but ROR was always good defensively, and did manage to tie the more offensively gifted Duchene in points for the season. Yes, clicking with Landy and MacK/Tangs helped a ton. Duchene did great 5v5, but struggled on the PP, regardless of who he was playing with, and got himself demoted to second unit. That is on him. Someone else posted his TOI with wingers, so it was not exclusively bottom 6 guys. Duchene did look better individually on offense, and the 5v5 production bears that out. And yes, if he could click with wingers, he would outscore everyone else on the team (except MacK if/when he grows into his potential).

Avs71: Using the numbers to say Duchene is just as good defensively as ROR...did you happen to look at PK time? A number of the goals against for ROR would have been on the kill. And how did you figure strength of competition? There are a bunch of ways, and I am interested to know which one has ROR with easier matchups. Also, where did you get the numbers.

Looking at war-on-ice, all situations unless noted:
ROR.....Duchene
17.88...17.84 ... TOIComp% (ROR leads team, Landy has 17.85)
50.70...50.55 ... CorsiComp% (MacK is only one higher than ROR on this one, Duchene 6th)
2.33.....2.46 .... GA/60 5v5 (MacK also leads this with 2.27, ROR second...of those with 800+ minutes)
46.88...54.28 .. ZSO% (OZ starts / DZ starts)
647.....443 ...... Def Zones starts
1.85....0.13 ..... TOI Penalty Kill
53.45..52.18.... Faceoff Win% (adjusted?) top 2 on the team

Linemates...Duchene got the best sniper on the team, ROR got the best defensive F (and usually the 2nd+3rd best O as well).

I love both players. But this year, in terms of production (which is what it boils down to after all), ROR did as well as Duchene, thanks in part to his linemates. In no way did Duchene match ROR defensively. But as I said earlier...never ever trade Duchene. Maybe trade ROR if he wont sign.

Rrabb1t

Jul 6, 2011
I hope Avs are seriously considering signing Joonas Kemppainen. That guy would be a stud 4th line center and has enough points potential to fill in at 3rd line center role as well. He has pretty much carried his team (Kärpät) in FEL this spring and is currently having one of the most dominant playoff displays I've ever seen in that league.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I hope Avs are seriously considering signing Joonas Kemppainen. That guy would be a stud 4th line center and has enough points potential to fill in at 3rd line center role as well. He has pretty much carried his team (Kärpät) in FEL this spring and is currently having one of the most dominant playoff displays I've ever seen in that league.

Don't we already have a guy like that in John Mitchell? Unless of course Kemppainen is a defensive stud. I don't know anything about him. I definitely wouldn't mind another bottom 6 center that we could pass more defensive zone responsibility to.

Rrabb1t

Jul 6, 2011
Don't we already have a guy like that in John Mitchell? Unless of course Kemppainen is a defensive stud. I don't know anything about him. I definitely wouldn't mind another bottom 6 center that we could pass more defensive zone responsibility to.

Kemppainen is amazing at defense. His coach went on record to say that he was taking timeouts in the playoffs just to keep Kemppainen on the ice, never mind his best defenders.

Rumours were that as many as 5 NHL teams had contacted Kemppainen before the playoffs started. One of the best playoff displays ever in Finland has probably increased that number a lot. Here's hoping Colorado is one of those teams, we could certainly use him.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I made a trade proposal for this guy to find out his value, but figured I'd post this here too.

What would it take for the habs to get Iginla from the Avalanche of Colorado...I like the physicality he brings and he is still a solid top 6 forward. Always been a fan of him, jealous your team has him.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I made a trade proposal for this guy to find out his value, but figured I'd post this here too.

What would it take for the habs to get Iginla from the Avalanche of Colorado...I like the physicality he brings and he is still a solid top 6 forward. Always been a fan of him, jealous your team has him.

Ottawa of HfBoards, I highly doubt the Avalanche of Colorado will be trading Iginla next year. The Canadians of Montreal will have to look elsewhere.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The Beaulieu of Nathan is a highly unrealistic return for an Iginla of the Jarome. Anyhow, unlikely that the Sakic and Roy of Joe and Patrick look to move him. His leadership is invaluable to the Avalanche of Colorado.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He will be tied up in court on July 1 :laugh: but I wonder how cheaply Jarret Stoll could be had on July 2. I'd have no issue with him being our third line centre. Who knows, maybe he and Sekera became pals as well!

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
He will be tied up in court on July 1 :laugh: but I wonder how cheaply Jarret Stoll could be had on July 2. I'd have no issue with him being our third line centre. Who knows, maybe he and Sekera became pals as well!

Really doubt Avs company go with someone with a rap sheet. I think character is still a highly regarded trait for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia