Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva
1) #jets Evander Kane was in a track suite because he thought the team meeting was at the team hotel and not a the arena.

2) when he realized the meeting was at the Arena he didn't had time to go back at his place in Vancouver to change. #kane #jets

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
1) #jets Evander Kane was in a track suite because he thought the team meeting was at the team hotel and not a the arena.

2) when he realized the meeting was at the Arena he didn't had time to go back at his place in Vancouver to change. #kane #jets

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Uh huh, so he thought the meeting was at the hotel and he couldn't stop by his room and pick up his suit before going to the arena?

member 116861

Uh huh, so he thought the meeting was at the hotel so he couldn't stop by his room and pick up his suit before going to the arena?

I'm assuming he was staying at home. If Evander still lives in the same area as he did when he was growing up then it is at least a 20-25 minute drive from the arena to his home.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm assuming he was staying at home. If Evander still lives in the same area as he did when he was growing up then it is at least a 20-25 minute drive from the arena to his home.

Either way, if he took the meeting seriously, he would have had time to stop and pick up his suit if need be.

member 116861

Either way, if he took the meeting seriously, he would have had time to stop and pick up his suit if need be.

Then there would be all this talk about how he showed up to the meeting 30 minutes late.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

I've always thought that players were required to stay with the team at the hotel while on the road. At least it's that way in most sports.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Could have texted or called ahead as well. Obviously this wasn't the first time this has happened or something like this anyways. I can't imagine the first time Kane does something like this Buff overreacts to the max.

Also didn't Lavioe or someone tweet out that Kane had an incident like this in Atlanta and they turned his pants into shorts?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Then there would be all this talk about how he showed up to the meeting 30 minutes late.

Yea but my point though is if he was acting professionally, he would have had time to pick up his suit. He wouldn't have been 30 minutes late. Assuming his excuse is even true. There's a reason Kane was in this situation, and not another player.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
So this suitgate has happened before?

This is what I was talking about. What drama from a team desperate to stop losing and get back to winning. This probably won't help things. Wonder if this turns into almost a Roy ordeal where Kane tells DayOff that he's never playing for the Jets again. LTIR him and hope his value goes up enough in the summer.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yea but my point though is if he was acting professionally, he would have had time to pick up his suit. He wouldn't have been 30 minutes late. Assuming his excuse is even true. There's a reason Kane was in this situation, and not another player.

At this point there's no denying he has maturity issues but from a is he a useless cancer of a hockey player standpoint these things aren't so clear.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Makes you wonder if he wanted to provoke a situation and force a trade.

McKenzie said Kane doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. He also said it's no secret some Jets players don't like Kane and the feeling is mutual. So I guess it's possible he's trying to move the process along a bit.

That's why I don't get what Cheveldayoff is doing either. The player doesn't want to be there and some of his teammates supposedly don't like him but you're just chilling and being "patient"?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Everything aside, why do hockey players have to wear suits to go to the morning meeting? This makes no sense.

It's a meeting. An organizational event like a business meeting. It's simple. Dress up for every organization related whether it be games, practices, meetings, etc. Wear whatever the hell you want at home or at the mall or to the movies. It's not that hard of a difficult concept to grasp.

McKenzie said Kane doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. He also said it's no secret some Jets players don't like Kane and the feeling is mutual. So I guess it's possible he's trying to move the process along a bit.

That's why I don't get what Cheveldayoff is doing either. The player doesn't want to be there and some of his teammates supposedly don't like him but you're just chilling and being "patient"?

It's DayOff. Guy still doesn't know what trade is that involves two players at the NHL level. His biggest deals are trading away Oduya and trading for Setoguchi. I'm surprised he still gets calls. He must have his secretary answer everything for him while he hides under his desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille