Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Kane has asked for a trade for quite some time now.

Cheveldayoff said this in the summer when asked about if Kane asked for a trade:

"These kind of questions are really unfair. There’s lots of conversations that go on and I’m sure that there were different levels of frustration at different points and times for different players. From our standpoint, Evander is a Winnipeg Jet. I know there are obviously lots of different rumours and that out there.

At this point and time, that’s how we’re going to proceed. As far as any (trade) demands, we’re working as normal.
â€

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Everything aside, why do hockey players have to wear suits to go to the morning meeting? This makes no sense.

Because a billionaire creating millionaires doesn't want to see his investment running around town on official business in pajamas?

ThunderBird

Mar 28, 2011
Blake Wheeler also said in an interview "This is how it is, this is what we do. We make a lot of money and we have to do certain things. If you don't like it then go someplace else." from memory.

That says to me his team is ready for him to be gone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Now we're going to get all of the hot takes from anonymous sources/players. You don't like him and think everyone else feels the same way, put your name on it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
i agree, but he kind of did. i think it's likely that it was franson who said it.

Well, if you wanna get into this, Kane played 8 games for the Giants in Franson's last year. Your other options are Gallagher and Jonathon Blum, who's sort of an NHLer. But whatever.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Highly doubt the Avs have much, if any interest in Kane unfortunately.

But at least something exciting is happening around the league today. This could very well be the fist domino of the season.

Avs should try and get Kane + Bogosian for ROR :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe Sakic, Roy, and Iggy can set Kane straight? He'll get along with Avs teammates because of the mutual dislike for Byfuglien?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
13 games but yeah, should've been more careful. and i was probably reaching.

not that it really matters who said it.

Ah, playoffs.

Highly doubt the Avs have much, if any interest in Kane unfortunately.

But at least something exciting is happening around the league today. This could very well be the fist domino of the season.

Avs should try and get Kane + Bogosian for ROR :laugh:

Don't think it's that unfortunate, really. Character aside, why would we make a big trade for him anyways? Trade the rare defensively responsible player in our line-up for an offensive guy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Everything aside, why do hockey players have to wear suits to go to the morning meeting? This makes no sense.

Because they consider the arena their work place, and there are cameras there that film them walking in all the time, and they want represent their team and the NHL with class and professionalism. It's mandated in the CBA that players arrive to games with a jacket, tie, and dress pants unless the GM or coach say otherwise.

They probably consider a meeting at the arena as part of traveling to the game.

At this point there's no denying he has maturity issues but from a is he a useless cancer of a hockey player standpoint these things aren't so clear.

Well I didn't call him a useless cancer though. I said he didn't take the meeting seriously, and didn't approach his job and his duties within that job professionally.

He could certainly mature in the coming years, but until he does, it's going to cause issues.

Personally, at this point I don't see how he matures in Winnipeg, and within that dressing room where there doesn't seem to be much mutual respect between him and his teammates. He needs to go to a different veteran locker room, and have a total change of sceneary, and a new commitment to being a professional.

It's the same situation as Seguin. I heard Kypreos and Doug MacLean talking about how you can't trade Kane because look what happened with Seguin. Well Seguin only became Seguin after he was traded to Dallas, and that organization also got in his ear about shaping up after his steers and queers comment.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Maybe Sakic, Roy, and Iggy can set Kane straight? He'll get along with Avs teammates because of the mutual dislike for Byfuglien?

sure if it's cheap but it's likely not and gamble is huge. they don't want to trade him to a division rival were pissed off kane can beat the **** out of them for next decade 4-5 times a year.

we wouldn't have much assets left on D and would have only one above average two way forward in top 6 (on the whole roster actually). mack and duchene better improve their D a lot in that scenario.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well I didn't call him a useless cancer though. I said he didn't take the meeting seriously, and didn't approach his job and his duties within that job professionally.

Not saying you did, I'm just trying to say this is a pretty important distinction when eventuating if the guy has any value in a trade or not. A team could waste assets on him or a team could hit the jackpot. There were people on here whining that we didn't take a chance on Ribeiro because the gamble was worth it there.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Colorado would be much better off using 5.25 million annually on a defenseman.

Even if we overlook off-ice flare ups, Kane is often injured and hasn't been very productive since scoring 30 goals in 2012.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
If we can get Kane cheap now I say it's worth it. But we have to welcome him to the team by having Roy beat the **** out of him for 2 hours straight and in between periods of tonight's game.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Version 486 of the god damn story.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m2 minutes ago
Lots of speculation around E.Kane. I believe Kane was en route to arena when told to go back to the hotel because he was late.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
O'Reilly + Barrie and a pick for Kane + Enstrom and one of Perreault/Lowry
2015 1st for Myers or 2016 1st + Pickard for Myers.

Good lookin' hockey team

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not saying you did, I'm just trying to say this is a pretty important distinction when eventuating if the guy has any value in a trade or not. A team could waste assets on him or a team could hit the jackpot. There were people on here whining that we didn't take a chance on Ribeiro because the gamble was worth it there.

I think that's a fair point. I think whoever trades for Kane will probably get great value in trade, and if they're the right team that can gain his respect, and get him to paddle in the same direction as the rest of the team, they'll come out looking like Dallas did with Seguin.

If they're the wrong team though, he'll probably get bounced to another team after another year or two.

Personally, I don't think Kane's a great fit for the Avs because of the reasons I mentioned before, about him being a speedy goal scorer with other speedy goal scoring centers like Dutchy and Nate.

Dressing room wise though, I also don't think the Avs are a veteran enough group to get him to listen. He'll be among a lot of guys his own age and younger, and feel he can act sort of the way he wants still.

I think a team like Detroit would be a great fit. It would be pretty hard to bring his ego into that dressing room. Not only with guys with glass like Zetterberg and Datsyuk, along with a coach like Babcock, but also the legacy of that team which would make him feel a lot smaller than he thinks he is now. Or maybe a team like Anahiem with Getzlaf leading that room, and not a lot of media attention.

The Kings would be another great fit, but I don't think they can afford another expensive forward, unless Winnipeg takes Richards.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Good lookin' hockey team

i think myers would've been gone ages ago it that's all it took.

i'm not also sure if jets want another RHD.. they've buff, trouba and bogo already.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Good lookin' hockey team

8.6 million in cap space out

17+ million in cap space in

:help:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
8.6 million in cap space out

17+ million in cap space in

:help:

Barrie isn't going to cost that much forever. Plus ROR will get a raise if we keep him. Plus it's 4 players vs 2.

Neither Winnipeg or Buffalo would go for those deals anyway but if they did the Avs would be crazy to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese