Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I could see him do well in Anaheim. Great city to live in for a young millionaire, anonymity and zero media pressure. Strong leadership too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wow he finally picked up his phone and told them he wouldn't play? The kid has more growing up to do than I thought. He's approaching Sean Avery territory with this sort of ego.

This might be the best thing for the Avs and other teams chasing a playoff spot. The longer this distraction continues the better. :handclap:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The only reason it wouldn't end today is that Kevin Cheveldayoff is a terrible GM. Hands are tied now, he might finally be forced to move an asset.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The only reason it wouldn't end today is that Kevin Cheveldayoff is a terrible GM. Hands are tied now, he might finally be forced to move an asset.

i would be shocked if they get good return. the guy is injured, rumored to be something that needs surgery, hasn't been playing well and now all this. they are gonna lose that trade so bad.

i gotta admit, though, i love the drama.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I guess they don't have to, he has term on the contract. Just LTIR him the rest of the season and hope for better next year.

Skipping a game is beyond unprofessional and there should be a consequence for that. But I'm sorry it's not cool for teammates to embarrass him so bad he couldn't show his face until they went home.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I guess they don't have to, he has term on the contract. Just LTIR him the rest of the season and hope for better next year.

I think that is what happens. Shut him down and try in the summer. Though I don't think that will change the value they receive all that much.

There are always egos with GMs who think it won't happen to them, so somebody will still pay up. Maybe not fair value, but the return won't be something like Geertsen + 3rd. It will still be okay.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

What a funny scenario. A player that the GM absolutely has to trade at this point because it seems nearly impossible to mend this fence, and the sooner the better because of all the potential distractions during a tight playoff race. With a GM that's best known for not making NHL trades. Worst scenario ever for trying to get any value out of a star player with very little leverage.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
i would be shocked if they get good return. the guy is injured, rumored to be something that needs surgery, hasn't been playing well and now all this. they are gonna lose that trade so bad.

i gotta admit, though, i love the drama.

Considering all that, and a pretty hefty contract he still has, I'd imagine there are teams that aren't interested at all. My guess, he gets traded for a 2nd and average prospect.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think that is what happens. Shut him down and try in the summer. Though I don't think that will change the value they receive all that much.

There are always egos with GMs who think it won't happen to them, so somebody will still pay up. Maybe not fair value, but the return won't be something like Geertsen + 3rd. It will still be okay.

It's possible they let him have surgery and trade him in the summer. But at the same time it would mean they subtract a 19 minute forward without replacing him and the team is desperate to make the post-season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's possible they let him have surgery and trade him in the summer. But at the same time it would mean they subtract a 19 minute forward without replacing him and the team is desperate to make the post-season.

They will replace him, but they have other assets they can use to get some forward depth. My thought on them is Chevy has shown to be a VERY patient GM and he isn't going to deal from the ultimate position of weakness. I think he waits until Kane is at least healthy and more teams can move around pieces for the cap.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
They will replace him, but they have other assets they can use to get some forward depth. My thought on them is Chevy has shown to be a VERY patient GM and he isn't going to deal from the ultimate position of weakness. I think he waits until Kane is at least healthy and more teams can move around pieces for the cap.

That is like saying a carrot is a patient predator. Waiting for the right time to pounce.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Chevy fits more into the "we should poke him with a stick to see if he is still alive" category.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
:laugh:

Chevy has at least shown that he isn't going to make a deal unless it is absolutely perfect. I don't see him changing now...

I'd love for them to draw this situation out all year and not trade him. With the Avs playing the Jets this Sunday, and again at the end of the year with the standings so tight, I can't wait to see what happens next.

187.gif

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
:laugh:

Chevy has at least shown that he isn't going to make a deal unless it is absolutely perfect. I don't see him changing now...

He's also shown he won't make a deal...at all. What was the biggest trade in Winnipeg history so far? Oduya to Chicago? Bringing in Frolik? He's earned the name DayOff for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad