Speculation: In search of trophies: Jack Adams, Calder, Lady Byng and Vezina

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 1m
Patrick Marleau, Ryan O'Reilly and Martin St. Louis (!) are your Lady Byng finalists. Yes, a guy who requested a trade from a playoff team.

St Louis... :shakehead

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
ROR had that award locked up at game like, 70.

Also, LOL @ MSL being up for it, even though it pretty much is his award...

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis getting nominated in the years he spat the dummy and demanded a trade shows you both how much this award is judged based on reputation, and how even the people voting on it don't seem to take it seriously. The award states it's for on-ice play, but for me it would be impossible to separate his off-ice actions from that this year.

Still, hoping O'Reilly can pick it up, and carry on that sort of level of play for many years to come.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think MSL's nomination is more evidence that they don't view Seguin as anything resembling what the Lady Byng stands for.

Also, I had wondered what the history was on PIMS, but had never seen it mentioned anywhere. It might have been brought up somewhere, but O'Reilly is the "second player in NHL history to receive two or fewer PIM over 80 or more games."

If only those weak ass refs would have given him another second to drop his stick. BS penalty.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450084

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
mc79hockey ‏@mc79hockey 2 t
How can Ryan O'Reilly be nominated for the Lady Byng when the offer sheet he signed is partly responsible for Colorado's thin defence?
He didn't end his tweet on some advanced stat? I'm shocked.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
mc79hockey ‏@mc79hockey 2 t
How can Ryan O'Reilly be nominated for the Lady Byng when the offer sheet he signed is partly responsible for Colorado's thin defence?

I'd respond back that it's because the two are not in any way related.

Or did I miss where we were at the Cap Ceiling this year?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 1m
Patrick Marleau, Ryan O'Reilly and Martin St. Louis (!) are your Lady Byng finalists. Yes, a guy who requested a trade from a playoff team.

St Louis... :shakehead

MSL being a finalist is a good thing. No one is going to vote for him.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
One of the least surprising awards. I am a bit surprised palat and Johnson were nominated.

Edit: Meant both nominated from the same team. Bot very deserving. I just expected palat would get most of the Tampa votes and 3rd would go to a defender.

Last edited:

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Yes. Votes were due 7pm eastern the night the playoffs started. The NHL will name the top 3 "finalists" but we already know who won because around 30-40% of the ballots were revealed publicly. MacKinnon is also a guarantee too.

Can you elaborate? How do we know he's a guarentee? Where are these ballots publicly announced? And how come, if 30-40% were revealed, is it sure that both ROR and Mack have won?

:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad