Matthew Rempe’s hit on Trevor Van Riemsdyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
This never happened lol.

Stop making shit up and just admit that you’re scared.

When your team is so bad that you need to resort to this kind of fan fic lol.
You mean like what Nick Cousins was doing without repercussions until Zucker bumped him from behind and he played possum?
If you don’t think guys want to end Rempe’s nonsense, your glasses are foggy from the subway grate steam. Rempe is going to take a hit like what Martin threw on Trouba and it’ll calm him down for quite some time.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Why would Rempe take himself off the ice for a clown like Wilson when he's out there demolishing players?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Such a man that he p***yed out in front of Wilson.

Don't act tough if you can't walk the walk.

Considering who he’s already fought in this league i doubt he’s afraid of Wilson.

You mean like what Nick Cousins was doing without repercussions until Zucker bumped him from behind and he played possum?
If you don’t think guys want to end Rempe’s nonsense, your glasses are foggy from the subway grate steam. Rempe is going to take a hit like what Martin threw on Trouba and it’ll calm him down for quite some time.

As an Islander fan I’m surprised this isn’t more of your thing.

Do I need to remind you how dirty your team was en route to almost making the SCF in 2022?

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Are you an Islanders fan? If so, you should worry about getting swept instead of worrying about Rempe. That's why Rempe is here, he makes people lose their minds by just existing.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
If he takes a hard hit, hopefully they give us a penalty. Call it both ways. He’s not gonna stop hitting. He knows what keeps him in the NHL.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
As an Islander fan I’m surprised this isn’t more of your thing.

Do I need to remind you how dirty your team was en route to almost making the SCF in 2022?
I’m glad you’re bringing up the Isles when league wide it’s been noted about Rempe’s antics and what he does. The only people actually trying to defend him are Rangers fans who are used to high hits because of Captain Elbows.
If you’re going to talk about the Isles in those cup runs, bring up the Alex Killorn blindside shot on Brock Nelson that was suspended or the Kucherov tree chop to Pageau’s knee and was brushed off by the league. Tampa ran around both series looking to take guys out, mainly the Coleman-Goured-Goodrow line. The same Barclay Goodrow who trucked Kyle Maclean from behind in a preseason game (first Isles-Rangers one he played in) and acted as if he did no wrong.

If he takes a hard hit, hopefully they give us a penalty. Call it both ways. He’s not gonna stop hitting. He knows what keeps him in the NHL.
Lower the shoulder and no one says a word. Bambi barely bends his knees and expects guys to straighten up so his hits can be considered clean while it’s almost always either at the NHL logo on the collar (at the absolute lowest) or the chin. It’s on the guy throwing a hit to make sure it’s done properly while the guy receiving it can protect himself.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Well you saw what Montreal did in their playoff game.....oh wait
That's your best reply ? For real ?

Did your team sucked before being a contender ? I guess not, the Rangers have always been the best team in the league and won several Cups... Oh wait

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’m glad you’re bringing up the Isles when league wide it’s been noted about Rempe’s antics and what he does. The only people actually trying to defend him are Rangers fans who are used to high hits because of Captain Elbows.
If you’re going to talk about the Isles in those cup runs, bring up the Alex Killorn blindside shot on Brock Nelson that was suspended or the Kucherov tree chop to Pageau’s knee and was brushed off by the league. Tampa ran around both series looking to take guys out, mainly the Coleman-Goured-Goodrow line. The same Barclay Goodrow who trucked Kyle Maclean from behind in a preseason game (first Isles-Rangers one he played in) and acted as if he did no wrong.

Just pointing out how hypocritical
You are. You only have an issue with this hit because of who rempe plays for.

And your isles out dirtied the f*** out of the lightning.

Enjoy your last game of the season today though!!

Reactions: nyrallday

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hit was borderline, but if Rempe’s self-cultivated reputation leads to extra whistles, that’s on him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Looked like there could have been some head contact and maybe some leaving of his skates, but it could have been as the hit was being made. I think Rempe walked the edge there between just being a penalty and potential suspension but I haven't seen a strong enough replay to fully support a suspension.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
That's your best reply ? For real ?

Did your team sucked before being a contender ? I guess not, the Rangers have always been the best team in the league and won several Cups... Oh wait
Montreal hasn't been good for years. We wrecked you guys in the playoffs the last few times we played you. Have fun sucking for another decade

Lower the shoulder and no one says a word. Bambi barely bends his knees and expects guys to straighten up so his hits can be considered clean while it’s almost always either at the NHL logo on the collar (at the absolute lowest) or the chin. It’s on the guy throwing a hit to make sure it’s done properly while the guy receiving it can protect himself.
Have fun getting swept. Lol. Rempe and Trouba send their love

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Just pointing out how hypocritical
You are. You only have an issue with this hit because of who rempe plays for.

And your isles out dirtied the f*** out of the lightning.

Enjoy your last game of the season today though!!
Outside of the Mayfield crosscheck, what exactly did the Islanders do? Pageau hacked at Kucherov’s knee while he tried to score an empty net? Nelson blindsided Killorn and got suspended? Oh wait, those were actually the reverse of what happened. Tampa got away with just about everything both ECF series vs the Isles.

Im not even bringing up this season because it was a wash from the start. They’re playing on hopes and dreams.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Montreal hasn't been good for years. We wrecked you guys in the playoffs the last few times we played you. Have fun sucking for another decade

Have fun getting swept. Lol. Rempe and Trouba send their love
Matt Martin loves you right back

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022

Yeah rempe is afraid of tom wilson LOL. Perhaps its because wilson has been a useless plug this series whereas rempe is nuking dmen and scoring goals. Why let wilson get his teeth knocked out to spark his team?

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Rempes nonsense of delivering clean hit and the one bad hit he delivers he fights the consensus toughest guy in the nhl willingly?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Yeah rempe is afraid of tom wilson LOL. Perhaps its because wilson has been a useless plug this series whereas rempe is nuking dmen and scoring goals. Why let wilson get his teeth knocked out to spark his team?
Ok I give up, Rempe is the new Gordie Howe but bigger and better.

I bow to your God.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Old videos lol. I guess that's what happens when you're the NY team that nobody gives a shit about. I would be jealous and sad too if i was second choice and about to get swept on home ice.
Old video or not it’s still celebrated by multiple fan bases because of the end result. Watch something like that happen to Rempe and everyone except Rangers fans celebrate it. Also, I wasn’t even brining the Islanders into this argument since it was about a guy who throws questionable hits and gets away with it because the league is too inept to do something properly.
As for being jealous, be jealous of what? acting like they’re the greatest team in history while having the worst record out of all original six teams? Jealous of being a fan of a team who was gifted a 1st overall pick because the league can’t stand to see a team flounder on the ice in a big market?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

really? he's played 20 nhl games and already had 5 fights. he's fought the heavyweights too, deslauiers, macdermid, and reaves just to name a few. rempe can walk the walk.

Reactions: ecemleafs

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Rempes nonsense of delivering clean hit and the one bad hit he delivers he fights the consensus toughest guy in the nhl willingly?
A clean hit to the head, yes. He ran from Macdermid and tried to taunt him from behind the refs back. You know he had to fight him the next game after that one.
Players notice that crap at take a mental note of it. You’ll see someone dress a career goon in the preseason vs him and just get told to run guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad