Speculation: In search of trophies: Jack Adams, Calder, Lady Byng and Vezina

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Because that's a big enough sample size when they were first on almost every single one. MacKinnon in particular, there was only one where he wasn't first. Plus the media is calling him a slam dunk too, they know nobody voted for anyone else.

All over this thread I've posted links to ballots. The PHWA encouraged people to reveal then after the Ovechkin debacle last year. So many members of the media wrote articles and revealed their ballots.

Looks like they are naming finalists one each day. I forget how many Hart finalists there are? If it's 5 then Varly might sneak in.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Palat was for sure getting nominated, I wasn't sure who would be the third one, there was a wide array of opinions. Thought one of the defensemen would get it, probably Krug.

I agree with MacKenzie. Trouba had a very good season, and was a big part of his team. I would have likely voted for him. There were lots of options, and the 2 guys from Tampa had great yeas. Good year for first year players.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Because that's a big enough sample size when they were first on almost every single one. MacKinnon in particular, there was only one where he wasn't first. Plus the media is calling him a slam dunk too, they know nobody voted for anyone else.

All over this thread I've posted links to ballots. The PHWA encouraged people to reveal then after the Ovechkin debacle last year. So many members of the media wrote articles and revealed their ballots.

Looks like they are naming finalists one each day. I forget how many Hart finalists there are? If it's 5 then Varly might sneak in.

The finalists are announced over the next few days: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=716139&navid=nhl:topheads

Vezina on the 25th, Hart on the 1st, Adams on the 6th.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I hope Varly wins the Vezina. He deserves it as he is the best goalie the league.

No further proof is needed past the last two games against Minnesota. Without Varly those games are easily 6-0. He has single-handedly given us a chance to win every night while covering for a piss poor defense. His season this year was honestly one of the best goaltending seasons I have ever witnessed from an Avs goalie, and we watched Roy for many years. Roy always had good teams in front of him, Varly has had minimum help and still basically carried us to a division title.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I look at Rask D in front of him then I look at Varlys....Rask is a great goalie but imo Varly is the teams MVP and should win the Vezina. In Boston you can argue that Chara is their MVP. That team goes nowhere without the big man. Without Varly this team would be picking Ekblad.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
ok i checked, hiitelä actually voted for mackinnon. not surprise at all that some finns vote for määttä.. our homers can be so annoying. you would think that #64 in this series is the best player in the league if you listen to finnish media.

I can't take the Minnesota praise so I avoid the tabloids' sports pages like the plague.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad