Speculation: In search of trophies: Jack Adams, Calder, Lady Byng and Vezina

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
BYNG: 1. O'Reilly 2. Kopitar 3. Marleau. Don't vote on Vezina. If I did, it'd be Varlamov. Don't vote on Adams. If I did, it'd be Julien.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
BYNG: 1. O'Reilly 2. Kopitar 3. Marleau. Don't vote on Vezina. If I did, it'd be Varlamov. Don't vote on Adams. If I did, it'd be Julien.

Really? Julien? Come on Bob, you're smarter than that.

He's smart enough to not really consider Seguin in the Byng though.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Might be a good sign that mcKenzie would vote Varlamov for the Vezina - maybe more sports writers feel the same way (I really hope so, it's the only player award I really care for us to win

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If you guys like reading those articles seriously go look at @thephwa twitter feed. They are RTing all of them.

The Calder ones are fun. I've only seen one not pick MacKinnon. Other fun ones are someone pushing Monahan. Someone else was pushing Hertl. A few have Tyler Johnson over Palat, not sure how they explained that one.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Everyone's trying to be special.

I think you might be being a bit facetious, but I think there's probably a lot to that. Writers don't like to blend in, they want to stand out. That's why we end up with the Kiszla's of this world. Can't imagine what his choices are.

I seriously wonder if he'd have Ryan Miller over Varly for the Vezina if he got to vote.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought Rask would be a lock to win the Vezina but there's a lot of Varly talk now. I like it.

I also thought taking Seth Jones was a lock during the Memorial Cup. I should stop saying something is a lock.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought Rask would be a lock to win the Vezina but there's a lot of Varly talk now. I like it.

I also thought taking Seth Jones was a lock during the Memorial Cup. I should stop saying something is a lock.

Or maybe say it as much as possible?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Haven't seen an official ballot from any Colorado media. Will probably be last just like the Masterson.

I'm not quite sure how politics will work for the Vezina but like you guys said if western GMs want to see a goalie from the west win it could be interesting.

MacKinnon and O'Reilly look good. Roy does too but tough to know for sure since it's not on the official ballots. Varly could seriously be a Hart finalist. Crosby won't be unanimous, someone vote for Getzlaf.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Haven't seen an official ballot from any Colorado media. Will probably be last just like the Masterson.

I'm not quite sure how politics will work for the Vezina but like you guys said if western GMs want to see a goalie from the west win it could be interesting.

MacKinnon and O'Reilly look good. Roy does too but tough to know for sure since it's not on the official ballots. Varly could seriously be a Hart finalist. Crosby won't be unanimous, someone vote for Getzlaf.

Varly absolutely deserves to be a finalist for the Hart IMO. The team having the turn around they did, winning their division, and him leading the league in first stars and total number of stars is a testament to how valuable he was to the Avs.

Crosby has to take it home though, he's just a machine. When you have 17 more points than anyone else as a skater, you kind of lock up the award. Hard for goalies to get the Hart when guys have offensive seasons like that.

Dutchess

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad