Ilya Kovalchuk In Russia For Lockout: Coming (back) To America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
1. Johnny Mac was getting canned. (Happened three weeks later).
2. Langenwhiner was getting traded. (Happened as well).
3. Parise wanted out (That was his last year of RFA eligibility; signed a 1 year deal and then went to Minnesota after that ended).

I kinda called all those things too. Although after that Canadiens blowout at home in early December had passed without Jmac's job passing from under him, I started to doubt it. After the Boulton hat trick I figured he was safe till the off season although it was announced 4-5 days later after one final blowout in DC, that he had been fired.

Langenbrunner I prayed, but figured if he wasn't dealt in the offseason that he wasn't gonna waive.

I did call Parise leaving though. After the one year deal I knew it didn't look good. Others gave me valid reasons why it meant nothing. In the end though that one year deal to me said it all.

Not discounting your source by the way.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll just take Lou as a source and say he is coming back. No problem with him playing in the ASG, not like it is imperative he is on time day 1 since he has been playing hockey all this time. Much ado about nothing, but it wouldn't be the Devils board without it haha.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
https://twitter.com/Datsyuk13/status/289068206910492672

Pavel DatsyukVerified
‏@Datsyuk13
Going to the Russian KHL All Star Game (this weekend) in Chelyabinsk. Can't wait to be back in Detroit on Monday evening.

----------------

Monday evening?!?!?! His teammates are going to refuse to play with such a selfish guy. :laugh:

These honestly are 2 different circumstances. Datsyuk has asked for permision and has made his intentions post ASG public and specific. Kovy has done nothing of the sort.

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
Just giving a warning.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kovy is interviewed sometimes before or after the game, and being asked if this will be his last game with SKA. To which he might give a shaky answer like ''I hope not I'd like to stay'' or ''Probably not'' or ''We'll see'' or even the ''Have to read the CBA tomorrow'' or something. Regardless I just think they'll be asking this question a lot to him tomorrow.

Well it's a given - both questions and fan oriented answers. Just that you are not that fan in this situation. As I've said - Kovy LOVES Russia and it's people. Whatever many in NA think about both of those, thus find this fact hard to understand. Add some looking-for-my-spot reporters, and there you have it.
And don't forget that players generally give candid answers. Hell, Clarkie was pouring candies about his lockout team and why he left to TG, even here and days after he left Europe. And I know for a fact that it is just a BS. Clarkie is only being too kind to whatever Salzburg fan that might read it.
Hell even our rental Penguin said this when lockout ended, being already two weeks at home in NA "Unfortunatelly, I won't be returning to Croatia. I'm happy to return to my club and that this saga is finally over, but at the same time I'm really sad to leave Zagreb and the amazing fans. The atmosphere at MedveÅ¡čak games is something I will remember for the rest of my life and I hope that I will have the opportunity to come back to Zagreb and MedveÅ¡čak again in my career." Must be true, right ? :sarcasm::laugh::laugh:
Kovy has his home fans as a priority now. Just live with it. It will be over soon. For them.
And he will be back for another fun run with Marty. Just don't expect him to say that any time soon.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/2013010916537296_jk.shtml

SKA has a Finnish coach and this is and here is a short interview with him.

Translations:

What is Ilyas situation?

- It's hard to say because nobody knows it. He himself wants to stay here.

Kovalchuk will be playing on thursday when SKA matches up against Ufa.

- He hasnt left yet, so he hasnt left yet.

- It wouldnt do harm to any coach to have a player like Ilya on his team. But you cant count on having him here for now.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I prefer Google translate:

"Processing Kovaltshukin player's failure to follow like sharks do not give a damn.":laugh:

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/2013010916537296_jk.shtml

SKA has a Finnish coach and this is and here is a short interview with him.

Translations:

What is Ilyas situation?

- It's hard to say because nobody knows it. He himself wants to stay here.

Kovalchuk will be playing on thursday when SKA matches up against Ufa.

- He hasnt left yet, so he hasnt left yet.

- It wouldnt do harm to any coach to have a player like Ilya on his team. But you cant count on having him here for now.

But again, what's he supposed to say? "Ilya cannoy wait to go back and play in the NHL?"

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I picture TG being the most depressed human on the planet.

2nd most...

6237565049_c5b4110fcb_z.jpg

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Hence my proposed Kasatonov jersey burning:

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
In an interview with Sportbox.ru, SKA GM Alexei Kasatonov says he will "do everything possible" to keep Ilya Kovalchuk in the KHL. #NJDevils

Retweeted by Tom Gulitti

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Hence my proposed Kasatonov jersey burning:

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
In an interview with Sportbox.ru, SKA GM Alexei Kasatonov says he will "do everything possible" to keep Ilya Kovalchuk in the KHL. #NJDevils

Retweeted by Tom Gulitti

Stop being a ******* Kasatonov. What happened to the KHL honoring the NHL contracts?

Flame Demers*

For the fact that if he doesnt honor his nhl contract he can not play in IIHF play, he will be back. He will not want to miss the opportunity to potentially captain the russian team in the 2014 games.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm still worried.

No concrete quote from Grossman, Lou acts as if Devils are left in the Dark, Kovy does not mention Devils... all we get is quote after quote about how bad the KHL wants to keep him and how hard they are going to try. Man, life is a pain in the butt as a Devils fan. Of course Datsyuk does the right thing and lets everyone know about it.

Flame Demers*

I would not turn down 30 million dollars. but I have no heart and only play roller hockey in aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad