Ilya Kovalchuk In Russia For Lockout: Coming (back) To America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
He wont be leaving as in the NHL or KHL? Most sources seem to indicate that he will be back. The only thing pointing to him staying in the KHL is Medvedev's rant and some questionable quotes (which only idicate he hasnt decided yet).

When did Medvedev say Kovalchuk was staying?

A good part of this mess was Slava Malamud taking quotes out of context and blowing things out of proportion....everybody ran with it.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
The source is kovalchuk himself just read the damn interview at expressports I posted link in previous thread last page.

Tsn's kovy quote that started this mess is out of context and a bad translation intended to create this media circus and it's absolute LIES.

Kovy only says what is pretty obvious in that the cba has to be rarified and when asked if he's going to stay in the khl his reply basically meant that if the cba isn't ratified then yes as if it was a sure thing they wouldn't need to ratify it.

The reason he's still there is clear too and he explains it in interview. Stop reading tsn and **** sucking tweets.

I dont disagree with you?

When did Medvedev say Kovalchuk was staying?

A good part of this mess was Slava Malamud taking quotes out of context and blowing things out of proportion....everybody ran with it.

I ment his rants saying that they were going to try their best to get their players to stay.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The source is kovalchuk himself just read the damn interview at expressports I posted link in previous thread last page.

Tsn's kovy quote that started this mess is out of context and a bad translation intended to create this media circus and it's absolute LIES.

Kovy only says what is pretty obvious in that the cba has to be rarified and when asked if he's going to stay in the khl his reply basically meant that if the cba isn't ratified then yes as if it was a sure thing they wouldn't need to ratify it.

The reason he's still there is clear too and he explains it in interview. Stop reading tsn and **** sucking tweets.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::handclap:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
For what it's worth, I'm still completely positive that Kovy will be back. He'll play in the All-Star game (which is fine with me), get on a plane, and be a Devil for the next decade plus.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Well, with all due respect when Kovy was traded to the Devils there was someone "with a source" on here who broke the story about a day or two before it happened.

Believe that was Dagoon44. He is a bar owner in hackensack and has connections with some players. Thnk he's more of a Rangers fan but also follows the Devils. He had announced the deal but I think he just had the prospect being involved as Tedenby instead of Cormier.

Haven't seen him post on here in a while but I follow him on Twitter....

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Everyone has a source. One person has a source saying he will 100% be in the NHL. One person has a source saying he will 100% be in the KHL.

Bottom like, 99% of people on HF don't have sources. They make guesses and predictions, sometimes educated and sometimes not. Someone will always be right. Someone will always be wrong. I don't take anyone on HF with a source seriously. When their source starts to consistently hit, then I'll become a believer.
Your shame for not knowing who to trust.

I have no idea who his source is, but I sure am choosing to believe it. Not because it`s positive news. Because the message carrier is a trustworthy person.

And as I said, I`m pretty sure Pete knows what`s up.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just giving a warning.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kovy is interviewed sometimes before or after the game, and being asked if this will be his last game with SKA. To which he might give a shaky answer like ''I hope not I'd like to stay'' or ''Probably not'' or ''We'll see'' or even the ''Have to read the CBA tomorrow'' or something. Regardless I just think they'll be asking this question a lot to him tomorrow.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Your shame for not knowing who to trust.

I have no idea who his source is, but I sure am choosing to believe it. Not because it`s positive news. Because the message carrier is a trustworthy person.

And as I said, I`m pretty sure Pete knows what`s up.

I believe him as well. When respectable posters come foward like that you should listen. No reason to scoff at him. Especially since it passed by CB as well..

There are people from all over on this board. It's not outrageous to think some may know people who can grt info. I've only done this once and that was during the parise sweepstakes when I had a very reliable source.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
He'll be back. If he gives a shaky answer in the next day or two or at the All Star Game I will view it as pure lip service to try to appease his fans in Russia.

Last edited:

kiwidevil

Then watch him say at the end of the all star game. "I'll be back to play"

Referring to when he retires from the NHL

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't mean the all star game I mean tomorrow. SKA has a game tomorrow, and it's at home I believe too. Expect him to get asked a bazillion times tomorrow from the media.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Edited my post i meant that and also at the ASG.

It's cool, and he'll be asked at the ASG too I'm sure. I wish he would either say he's coming back, or just go hiding until the ASG.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I don't care about this drama until next Monday. I'd be happier if we got that first round pick back through some loophole.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I have no problem with him playing in the ASG for a multitude of reasons including the fact that it's not like he was the one who created the lockout conditions. He went back to his homeland to play and also keep himself active in game shape and making some money with uncertainty over the NHL season looming. He made a commitment to the KHL and his supporters when he had nothing else.

Just because the owners snapped their fingers with the new CBA, doesn't mean everybody has to come front and center right away to the US.

I also understand the pressure he probably feels to have a graceful exit from his time there this year and playing for SKA. He's doing it the right way IMO.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Poor TG? You know how many hits his blog is getting right now?

The Record owns it, TG's not seeing a dime from these hits.

Also, I think some of you are underestimating how easy it is to find a "source" in hockey. I met a guy (whose affiliation I will not mention) like two years back through a friend who guaranteed me three things were definitely going to happen:

1. Johnny Mac was getting canned. (Happened three weeks later).
2. Langenwhiner was getting traded. (Happened as well).
3. Parise wanted out (That was his last year of RFA eligibility; signed a 1 year deal and then went to Minnesota after that ended).

And literally my only connection to the hockey world is that I gave a cartoon Vitaly Vishnevski laser eyes that destroyed the world and the salary cap. I'm a nobody.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
TG might not get paid from page hits, but don't you think that comes up when he's due for a raise? I'm sure he loves the hits.

apice3*

Well, with all due respect when Kovy was traded to the Devils there was someone "with a source" on here who broke the story about a day or two before it happened.

That was Dagoon, and he has a proven track record, and has explained how he gets his insight.

Like I said, once an HF person can consistently hit with their claims, then I believe them. I'm not saying Vaxjo is lying, but I have no reason to believe him or not believe him. Too many fakes on the internet to be sure of anyone who isn't proven.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So what makes more sense, that a star athlete at the top of his game who has given every indication of craving a Stanley Cup more than anything and being very happy with the team he's on suddenly decides to defect to an inferior league...

...or...

That a 2-bit nobody reporter takes advantage of his translation skills to cherry-pick lines out of context from an interview with a star athlete to make it seem he might defect to an inferior league and thus gain his (the reporter's) 15 minutes of fame?

I have no sources, and I've been laughing at this lunacy all day. :laugh:

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Actually this is all just a staged ploy by Lou. We won't hear anything definitive about Kovy or his whereabouts until he's introduced as Captain in a surprise move on opening night. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad