Ilya Kovalchuk In Russia For Lockout: Coming (back) To America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
In full disclosure - I've met Vaxjo in person numerous times. I know his situation well enough to know he has the means to access the people he PM'd me about. There's no need for him to PM anyone else, in my humble opinion. But that's his call. I doubt he wants that.

Whether or not his sources are telling the truth, that's another thing... but his source is a legit source.

i have zero doubt kovi isnt coming back. i cant fathom how people think otherwise. but i trust u, and u trust him, so our combined trustiness will....wow trustiness was a word.......convince....ok what was i saying. uh yea, u believe him, then so do i. its the internet after all. uhhhh bonjour!

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
i have zero doubt kovi isnt coming back. i cant fathom how people think otherwise. but i trust u, and u trust him, so our combined trustiness will....wow trustiness was a word.......convince....ok what was i saying. uh yea, u believe him, then so do i. its the internet after all. uhhhh bonjour!

We need to go grab a beer or something one day. I've missed this. :laugh:

I think this is much ado about nothing.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
We need to go grab a beer or something one day. I've missed this. :laugh:

I think this is much abo about nothing.

jay_onrait_original.jpg

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
....yashin might be looking for work

Meh. Given his track record with contract disputes (though some argue they were understandable given the situation), not sure I'd like to see him play for the Devils, if for the fact we might have to overpay for him. And that's if he can still play well.
If he can actually help us win at his age and his knee isn't an issue though (and takes an appropriate salary...)

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Meh. Given his track record with contract disputes (though some argue they were understandable given the situation), not sure I'd like to see him play for the Devils, if for the fact we might have to overpay for him. And that's if he can still play well.
If he can actually help us win at his age and his knee isn't an issue though (and takes an appropriate salary...)

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm k

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
Aside from some of the Russian media, and his agent (It's in his best interest to not answer questions right now) the general consensus seems to be he won't be leaving.

He wont be leaving as in the NHL or KHL? Most sources seem to indicate that he will be back. The only thing pointing to him staying in the KHL is Medvedev's rant and some questionable quotes (which only idicate he hasnt decided yet).

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He wont be leaving as in the NHL or KHL? Most sources seem to indicate that he will be back. The only thing pointing to him staying in the KHL is Medvedev's rant and some questionable quotes (which only idicate he hasnt decided yet).

He won't be leaving the NHL is what I meant.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He is looked at as like a hero over there in Russia, him and all the other Russian stars like Ovechkin/Datsyuk. He will probably play until the KHL All-Star game out of respect to the Russian fans, etc, before coming to the NHL. Almost as a farewell game, he likely won't ever have the chance to play in the KHL or in Russia again, aside from the Sochi Olympics.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
He is looked at as like a hero over there in Russia, him and all the other Russian stars like Ovechkin/Datsyuk. He will probably play until the KHL All-Star game out of respect to the Russian fans, etc, before coming to the NHL. Almost as a farewell game, he likely won't ever have the chance to play in the KHL or in Russia again, aside from the Sochi Olympics.

Hopefully common sense like this prevails for everyone. :)

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org

The source is kovalchuk himself just read the damn interview at expressports I posted link in previous thread last page.

Tsn's kovy quote that started this mess is out of context and a bad translation intended to create this media circus and it's absolute LIES.

Kovy only says what is pretty obvious in that the cba has to be rarified and when asked if he's going to stay in the khl his reply basically meant that if the cba isn't ratified then yes as if it was a sure thing they wouldn't need to ratify it.

The reason he's still there is clear too and he explains it in interview. Stop reading tsn and **** sucking tweets.

Oroku Saki*

Kovy will be back. Let him play the ASG and then come back. Stop going crazy folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad