I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday for a CBA Today (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Give it a rest. We read the NHL's proposal. It was very close to, if not, fair. The players don't want to play hockey, they want a raise on their billions.

It's fair according to who? Fans who are too emotionally invested in a sport and don't have enough business experience to objectively look at the details of a labor agreement to determine what's 'fair' or isn't.

Just look at how bi-polar this topic went in a matter of minutes. I don't really trust hfboards posters on what they think is fair for the most part.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Give it a rest. We read the NHL's proposal. It was very close to, if not, fair. The players don't want to play hockey, they want a raise on their billions.

Let's be realistic. Their offer wasn't fair by any means, just asking the players to give back on every issue. Being less terrible than the previous offer, doesn't make it anywhere close to fair.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
At the start of this and up until 10 minutes ago I was on nobodies side and believed they're both equally to blame. At this point I'm saying f the players.. The NHL made by far the closest to a fair offer and the pa in turn offer 3 similar proposals to their first one... Ridiculous. You're both going to have to give...

RandR

May 15, 2011
It was reported (hard to follow where it started) that the players proposals would agree to a 50-50 HRR split long-term. Sounds like that isn't true. I'd like to know where the disconnect or mis-information started.

Screw Fehr and the players for following him if they really think that they were moving towards the NHL ideology on a CBA when the NHLPA was just regurgitating a variation of what they had proposed before.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
57% of billions: Awesome Pay
50% of billions: Awesome Pay
0% of billions: Not so awesome pay.

Today, the players have chosen ZERO percent of billions for their pay this year.

owners don't really get much either if there's no hockey

Spitsfan67*

Had enough of this
League What a joke wtf do you want players 100 million dollar contracts its time to **** Ive really had enough, none of the two sides care about the fans or the game, there all just greedy pieces of S***, I'm less of an NHL Fan now ******* this joke I'll stay with the CHL thank you very much, in my opinion a lot funner to watch and you don't have to deal with this BS.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

As soon as Gary Bettman stepped to microphone you knew it was bad news. Almost always he keeps his cool in public. This time he was seething

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
As much as it sucks that in the future players will have diminished careers and not be considered as great. I hope they realise how pathetic they are after this.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Good for the players, keep fighting .
Again you don't bring in Fehr to ROLL OVER , OK???

Gary B and crew are fighting a different fish this time .

RedWingsNow*

Yeah, you go on believing that. Typical union naivete.

Right.
Owners rip people off in everywalk of life and spend their millions on PR firms to make it seem like they're just victims trying to do the right thing.

They rip cities. They rip off players. They rip off state and provincial governments. They rip off taxpayers. They rip off fans.

They rip people off to their billions in wealth.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Does the PR battle really matter that much though. I know people are all mad but somehow I dont' think the players or the owners will just cave because the fans are upset. The owners canceled an entire damn season and didn't give a **** that the fans were mad about it

If the fans don't support the players, they have no leverage. Absolutely none. Just like last time around, that's why the lockout lasted a year. The customers were siding with the owners. They KNEW a new system was needed and they were ready to wait for it.

This time around, people were very cynical about the owners locking the players out and most fans were supporting the players. Now, the players are back to having zero leverage. People are now siding with the owners. They'll have to move quickly if they don't want to get completely destroyed this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad