I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday for a CBA Today (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I am disappointed, but center yourselves people. In a span of ten minutes most of you went from thinking the season would start in two weeks to thinking it's canceled. Give some time for the proposal details to sift out and hearing more reaction before jumping off a cliff.

Uhh...Bettman is leaving Toronto. Negotiations are shutting down. I'd say it is looking pretty bad.

HartsyMania

What, me worry?
May 14, 2010
Pennsylvania
It's still crazy to say it's the players fault.

The owners locked the players out, people...

This has been discussed a million times before, if the owners start the season under the old CBA, they player swill just strike.

Also, I like #UnfairFehr - seriously, this is ridiculous.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

- Nielsen pronounces over a smoking wreckage on the tarmac

Drat.

But who knows, the offers weren't made public, Bettman could just be posturing. I'm not optimistic, but that's what I expected. 9 more days of this... hopefully.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So who's lying, the people who said the NHLPA proposals were in the 50-50 revenue split range, or Bettman and the owners?

We will know soon enough. Might be both, in fact.

Bettman is playing the media brillantly. Look at all the responses in this thread. People are turning on the players without even knowing what the proposals really were. Bettman is winning the PR battle big time.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes
RT @mirtle: Bettman says PA's proposal has them spending more potentially on salaries in Year 1

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
Only detail Bettman provided was that the player's proposal included an increased share of HRR in year 1 ...

Hanklite*

don't get too mad at the NHLPA. this is exactly how the NHL wanted you to react. it was one giant PR move. they are playing you all like violins.

Yes, a PR move to bring a sensible resolution like every other sport.

**** the players

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
congrats nhlpa - on choosing your leader for the sole purpose of picking a fight. most of you will likely lose an enormous chunk of career earnings. well played... hope you enjoyed dressing up and playing "business men" for a few months.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
So who's lying, the people who said the NHLPA proposals were in the 50-50 revenue split range, or Bettman and the owners?

The credit will go to the first group who publicly said "50/50". And that's the owners.

The public is dumb. They fall for such ploys. Frankly I think it was brilliant.

teemuselanne

Feb 21, 2011
Ottawa
Have lost every last shred of respect I had for the players. Go **** yourselves, you just proved you are the greediest atheletes in sports. Hope this completely backfires and ****s you all.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
They did say there were 4 proposals and only three were presented, lets hope the fourth is speaking the same language. This could just be the NHLPA swinging for the fences, and they will drop the 4th proposal when they get closer to the 25th.

Robs789

Apr 1, 2011
don't get too mad at the NHLPA. this is exactly how the NHL wanted you to react. it was one giant PR move. they are playing you all like violins.

As much as a PR move it was it was also a legit offer to get negotiations going.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
We will know soon enough. Might be both, in fact.

Bettman is playing the media brillantly. Look at all the responses in this thread. People are turning on the players without even knowing what the proposals really were. Bettman is winning the PR battle big time.

Does the PR battle really matter that much though. I know people are all mad but somehow I dont' think the players or the owners will just cave because the fans are upset. The owners canceled an entire damn season and didn't give a **** that the fans were mad about it

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Why did that hockey player (forgot his name), say there were 4 offers all based on 50/50 ?

Depends on how they proposed things. If it was money wise with speculation on growth, they could derive a % out of that (like they did with their original offer).

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
57% of billions: Awesome Pay
50% of billions: Awesome Pay
0% of billions: Not so awesome pay.

Today, the players have chosen ZERO percent of billions for their pay this year. They were offered 50%.

Chinese sweatshops are lining up to hire these guys, they just won't take the money. Asides, other than playing hockey, I suspect most of these guys could only do that kind of work anyway. #NHLPARetards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad