Montreal, Quebec
The players proposed more then 57 percent!???? Hahsha

impliedfacepalmimpliedf.jpg

My response to the PA.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Bettman is playing the media brillantly. Look at all the responses in this thread. People are turning on the players without even knowing what the proposals really were. Bettman is winning the PR battle big time.

Yep. The NHL is clearly heeding the PR advice they were given, and the recent posts in this thread are proof it worked brilliantly.

RedWingsNow*

As much as it sucks that in the future players will have diminished careers and not be considered as great. I hope they realise how pathetic they are after this.

How can you come to this conclusion based on nothing else but the word of a serial liar like Gary Bettman?

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
For all we know this could be a jab by the PA to make the sure the NHL knows they won't accept every single concession they demanded. A negotiation doesn't work like some people here seemingly want it to. Perhaps in a week they come back with something else. There's no reason to think the season is definitely gone.

Stay grounded.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
Good for the players, kept fighting .

Again you don't bring in Fehr to ROLL OVER like OK???

Bettmen's and crew are fighting a different fish this time .
nope.
fehr is leading the players off of a cliff just like goodenow did. you would think the union would be smart enough to learn from their mistakes but apparently not.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
I want to see what the actual proposals were. If it's indeed what Bettman says they were, what the hell is Fehr trying to do?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

As soon as Gary Bettman stepped to microphone you knew it was bad news. Almost always he keeps his cool in public. This time he was seething

Fehr is in his head....looks good .

No more CAKE WALKIN

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The overreaction without even hearing facts in this thread is staggering.

+1

It's been...15 minutes since Bettman walked out of the offices and up to the podium. We haven't heard one thing from the NHLPA about their offers. We have no actual evidence of the NHLPA proposals.

Yet dozens of folks in this thread, and likely tens of thousands of people on Twitter, are willing to rush to judgement against the players.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Good for the players, keep fighting .
Again you don't bring in Fehr to ROLL OVER , OK???

Gary B and crew are fighting a different fish this time .

Yay. And we get to enjoy an entire year without the NHL. But keep fighting players. Keep fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad