I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday for a CBA Today (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I am disappointed, but center yourselves people. In a span of ten minutes most of you went from thinking the season would start in two weeks to thinking it's canceled. Give some time for the proposal details to sift out and hearing more reaction before jumping off a cliff.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm purchasing a 20 game season pass to the Amerks if there are no other meetings.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
**** both of them. Season's gone and I was optimistic this entire process since day 1 of the lockout.

scott99

May 13, 2005
They don't call Fehr a hardliner for nothing

Not for nothing, but if Fehr get's hit by a truck, the truck explodes burning Fehr to a crisp, and then he lives for 5 days in this state, then dies, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'll wait see what was offered before going bonkers.

If the offers are as bad as Bettman is making them sound I might actually sign up for twitter and spam the hell out of the players feeds.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So who's lying, the people who said the NHLPA proposals were in the 50-50 revenue split range, or Bettman and the owners?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Genius move on the part of Bettman though. Submit a proposal that includes a 50/50 share of revenue despite the fact it might otherwise be unfair to players, then if you don't get something close to that from the PA you will get the entire public on your side, despite the fact virtually none of them will understand the details.

This guy ought to run for President.

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
don't get too mad at the NHLPA. this is exactly how the NHL wanted you to react. it was one giant PR move. they are playing you all like violins.

Give it a rest. We read the NHL's proposal. It was very close to, if not, fair. The players don't want to play hockey, they want a raise on their billions.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'm waiting to see the proposal before I comment. Just because Bettman says he's disappointed doesn't mean that there isn't anything in the PA's proposal that is a helpful start...well at least by my opinion even if it counts for nothing in these talks.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I am disappointed, but center yourselves people. In a span of ten minutes most of you went from thinking the season would start in two weeks to thinking it's canceled. Give some time for the proposal details to sift out and hearing more reaction before jumping off a cliff.

There are no details. Bettman rejected all three proposals outright.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If there's no meetings soon and the NHLPA aren't willing to budge then quite frankly they're being selfish *******'s.

Jacob8hockey*

#fireFehr
#thanksplayers
#goodjobPA
#cya2013

Any of these sound good lol? I think everyone should tweet them. The players we can influence unlike the owners (Or atleast easier)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
RT @mirtle: Bettman: "I don't know what the next step is. I'm obviously very discouraged."

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Bettman says at some point in near future they'll have to start committing money to Winter Classic and a decision will have to be made

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
"We were done in an hour today because there was really nothing there." - Bettman

:facepalm:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I hope every fan in the world tweet bombs every player out there with exactly how we feel. These short sighted, uneducated Pejorative Slurs deserve to know how badly they just screwed up.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Not surprised in the least to hear their offers were just variations of the original.

"We just want to play hockey." - suuuuure you do.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
This is what happens when you're greedy, ignorant and shoot yourself in the foot.

The players just player their death card.

The next month will be cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad