Boston Bruins II-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I thinkay Meier and Rackell would be viable solutions, both play for rebuilding teams. Meier's salary cap hit is 6 mil/year but still has a few more years on it while Rackell's is under 4 mil/year with a year remaining after this year.

Meier is only 24yr old and the prefect guy for San Jose to do a rebuild around. If it takes them 3-4 years to rebuild, that puts Meier right in his prime. Not to mention he's going to be an RFA when his contract expires. Hertl on the other hand has one more year on his deal before he becomes a UFA. He carries about a $5.6 million hit.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Meier is only 24yr old and the prefect guy for San Jose to do a rebuild around. If it takes them 3-4 years to rebuild, that puts Meier right in his prime. Not to mention he's going to be an RFA when his contract expires. Hertl on the other hand has one more year on his deal before he becomes a UFA. He carries about a $5.6 million hit.
Personally I don't want any trades for a pending UFA. Make a trade for someone with term and go after a UFA in the off season with the ammunition you have acquired- the cap.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
1) you deal Carlo and now your RD is McAvoy - Clifton - Miller. No thanks.

2) UV is exempt from the expansion draft.

3) I think if they had their choice, they would rather do a hockey trade rather than picks/prospects for a rental.
Bang on Dom, no way I trade Carlo right now, if they want D then maybe Grizz is the main piece or a forward I could see DeBrusk being part of it.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I like Hertl a lot, but dosen't he play center ?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Screw it, lets get both of them.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Personally I don't want any trades for a pending UFA. Make a trade for someone with term and go after a UFA in the off season with the ammunition you have acquired- the cap.

Hertl would have one more year before he was a UFA so you'd get a full season out of him. Not sure he's a guy I'd target, but if SJS was more willing to move someone for a rebuild, I'd imagine its him.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Probably not ideal because he is a left handed shot, but JT Miller would be the guy I’d go after from Vancouver, not Boeser.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
You would hope that the Bruins would get John Moore on the ice and bring up his value. There has to be a team looking for a LD. Donny needs to figure out a way to get him moved and give him a chance to play regularly in the NHL.
With Zboril and Lauzon playing well... I almost feel like they are the ones being showcased.

Not because we want to move them, but because they have more value than Moore.

Moore is the stopgap that steps in if we move one of them on the depth chart.

Zboril/Lauzon + for a younger top 6 forward.

Or Moore as a dump, what is that going to bring back? Even if he got playing time, can't see him bringing back much besides a mid round pick or being a throw-in or contract adjuster.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
With Zboril and Lauzon playing well... I almost feel like they are the ones being showcased.

Not because we want to move them, but because they have more value than Moore.

Moore is the stopgap that steps in if we move one of them on the depth chart.

Zboril/Lauzon + for a younger top 6 forward.

Or Moore as a dump, what is that going to bring back? Even if he got playing time, can't see him bringing back much besides a mid round pick or being a throw-in or contract adjuster.

Most teams in the NHL have had scouts in Providence on a very frequent basis, so I don’t think they’re being showcased. Those scouts already have quite a book on Lauzon and Zboril from watching like 200 games from them each in Providence. I think they’re playing in Boston because the Bruins have a plan that involves them.

Could that change? Sure, but I don’t think they’d move on from Chara and Krug only move one of those defenseman who are stepping up big time and filling those shoes.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
For me my target is Nugent Hopkins, he s ufa next summer and can we think he wants out of this team? Yess for sure, send them Local boy Debrusk + if Nugent signed and say thankx, Nugent is only 27 and will be our next second lines center til Bergy retierd...And next year go big time to sign a legit RW

MARCHY BERGY PASTA
NUGENT KREJCI BJORK/KASE
RITCHIE COYLE SMITH
FREDERIK KURALY WAGNER

I put Kase but for me this guy is done to much concussions... sad for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad