Boston Bruins II-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
When is trade deadline?

Curious if other teams can allow fans into the arena...aka Boston. Could help them spend more if they know fans could be back.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Right Wing is needed.

P Kane? C Atkinson? S Reinhart? B Rust?
Never been a S Reinhart fan, I think he is over rated and too soft, Kane is not leaving Chicago, Rust I am okay with, Atkinson I have always liked but would cost too much and CLB just made a big splash to get Laine, can't see them trading Atkinson.
Let's focus on one of Bertuzzi, who I love as a player, Hertl or Rakell.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Never been a S Reinhart fan, I think he is over rated and too soft, Kane is not leaving Chicago, Rust I am okay with, Atkinson I have always liked but would cost too much and CLB just made a big splash to get Laine, can't see them trading Atkinson.
Let's focus on one of Bertuzzi, who I love as a player, Hertl or Rakell.
Dont think Wings gonna trade Bertuzzi and San jose Hertl they are young gun, maybe Rakell swap for DeBrusk a change of scenary for both but Debrusk still young...Do Ducks wan to bring back Kase? lol

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Would it shock anyone if Sweeney sits on the cap space because of orders from the top? Jeremy did have to sell his multimillion dollar penthouse in NYC, y’know.

Yes. I would be really shocked. Dumbfounded actually.

Of course, it would depend on the player and how his contracts is set up.

Examples:

You could fit McDavid's cap hit in on TDL and for only $224,137 in real dollars.
You could fit Kane's cap hit on TDL and for only $448,276 in real dollars.

Of course, that will never happen, but there are plenty of contracts around the NHL set up that way.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Examples:

You could fit McDavid's cap hit in on TDL and for only $224,137 in real dollars.

Of course, that will never happen, but there are plenty of contracts around the NHL set up that way.
Would a Boeser deal with Vancouver work. Here’s a fantasy deal. Carlo for Boeser and moving parts. You protect Zboril, JL, McAvoy...Seattle takes either Grizz ( save more space) Clifton or UV you also have money you can spend on F/A. Plus you save Studnicka and Beecher so you don’t get the urge to trade them. Yes I know both are not D lol. Would it work Dom. I rather think like than doing rentals and giving picks up.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver a mess

they won’t give up Pettersson Hughes or Bo

I’d take a shot at Boeser

what’s the package here

No dumps or draft picks

players only Vancouver would want long term

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Would a Boeser deal with Vancouver work. Here’s a fantasy deal. Carlo for Boeser and moving parts. You protect Zboril, JL, McAvoy...Seattle takes either Grizz ( save more space) Clifton or UV you also have money you can spend on F/A. Plus you save Studnicka and Beecher so you don’t get the urge to trade them. Yes I know both are not D lol. Would it work Dom. I rather think like than doing rentals and giving picks up.

1) you deal Carlo and now your RD is McAvoy - Clifton - Miller. No thanks.

2) UV is exempt from the expansion draft.

3) I think if they had their choice, they would rather do a hockey trade rather than picks/prospects for a rental.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I thinkay Meier and Rackell would be viable solutions, both play for rebuilding teams. Meier's salary cap hit is 6 mil/year but still has a few more years on it while Rackell's is under 4 mil/year with a year remaining after this year.

Reactions: bbfan419

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Examples:

I think they’ve done a good job in this area. My question to you is, can they afford to give up pics again in this TD? Preferably, a 1st. You can keep trading pics all these years and it not affect the team eventually. I would assume Sweeney is pulling his hair thinking about giving up pics. Even giving up prospects. The cupboard is thin.

Reactions: bbfan419

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Vancouver a mess

what’s the package here

No dumps or draft picks

A couple of trade packages pick 1

Carlo and some prospects not named Beecher or Studnicka and Frederic. Vancouver could pick any 2 prospects not them three. Option 1

Option 2 is Grizz, Debrusk , UV

Option 3 you propose one

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m Benning DeBrusk & Vaakanainen are a starter

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I think they wait to see if Kase can fill the role they hoped he would before making a move.
Question, knowing Halak and Miller will likely make their bonuses does this impact our room at trade deadline?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
A couple of trade packages pick 1

Carlo and some prospects not named Beecher or Studnicka and Frederic. Vancouver could pick any 2 prospects not them three. Option 1

Option 2 is Grizz, Debrusk , UV

Option 3 you propose one

No way Carlo is included in a trade for Boeser, in fact Carlo's trade value may be very close to Boeser's straight up. It would leave a gaping hole on our 2nd pairing and PK.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Vancouver a mess

what’s the package here

No dumps or draft picks

players only Vancouver would want long term[/QUO
Boeser leads them in goals .That would be costly.Cannot see Bruins getting him cheap

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I’m Benning DeBrusk & Vaakanainen are a starter

I think everyone is overrating Boeser a tad, there were even rumours last year that he had shoulder issues. Is he better then Debrusk, yes, but not that much better where you have to add top prospects who can already play in the NHL plus even more.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Skelen

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I think everyone is overrating Boeser a tad, there were even rumours last year that he had shoulder issues. Is he better then Debrusk, yes, but not that much better where you have to add top prospects who can already play in the NHL plus even more.
True. But a deal along them lines. A young player back with some term on his contract. Just using him as an example.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
No way Carlo is included in a trade for Boeser, in fact Carlo's trade value may be very close to Boeser's straight up. It would leave a gaping hole on our 2nd pairing and PK.
Your right a hundred percent but imo that’s what Vancouver would ask for. I know that doesn’t mean they will get it.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I think they wait to see if Kase can fill the role they hoped he would before making a move.
Question, knowing Halak and Miller will likely make their bonuses does this impact our room at trade deadline?

Yes and no.

They have the bonus cushion which is about $5.7 million so they can go over the cap by that amount and carry it over to 2021-22.

Problem with trying to calculate it is that performance bonuses aren't added until the end of the season. But you can plan for it. As long as they leave $2.25 million for Miller/Halak they'll be fine. Frederic can earn $300K but I don't know what his bonuses are.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Yes and no.

They have the bonus cushion which is about $5.7 million so they can go over the cap by that amount and carry it over to 2021-22.

Problem with trying to calculate it is that performance bonuses aren't added until the end of the season. But you can plan for it. As long as they leave $2.25 million for Miller/Halak they'll be fine. Frederic can earn $300K but I don't know what his bonuses are.
thanks Dominic, that's what I thought but wasnt 100 percent sure. I always appreciate your insight. personally would prefer to not carry any salary into next year and be free of Backes salary as well.

edit. looks like Frederic has a 277k signing bonus which is like a performance bonus and will automatically count against cap. so we have about 2.6M in bonuses to pay out

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Vancouver a mess

what’s the package here

No dumps or draft picks

JDB, Beecher or Vaak, their choice

Status