Boston Bruins II-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
When Pasta is back,
Marshy-bergy-pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Debrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
Bjork-studnicka-Kuraly
Wagner/Kase

Lauzon-McAvoy
Xxxxx-Carlo
Zboril-Miller
Gryz/Clifton/Vaak/Moore

If we can package Kase + Gryz for a legit top 4 LD, we'll be looking very strong

I'd target a Nurse or a Hanifin

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Bruins weren’t in on any serious Dubois trade talks

Jimmy Murphy of Boston Hockey Now: The Boston Bruins weren’t part of any of the serious Pierre-Luc Dubois trade talks. A source said that Bruins only really had exploratory talks and never got involved in serious talks.
One reason that may have complicated things for the Bruins would have been that Dubois’ contract would be up at the same time as Patrice Bergeron, Jake DeBrusk, Charilie McAvoy and a few others. They would have also had to consider the Seattle expansion draft.
The starting asking price for the Blue Jackets may have been one of David Pastrnak, Charlie McAvoy or Jack Studnicka.
Having Dubois, Bergeron and Studnicka down the middle would have been nice though.

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Jimmy Murphy of Boston Hockey Now: The Boston Bruins weren’t part of any of the serious Pierre-Luc Dubois trade talks. A source said that Bruins only really had exploratory talks and never got involved in serious talks.
One reason that may have complicated things for the Bruins would have been that Dubois’ contract would be up at the same time as Patrice Bergeron, Jake DeBrusk, Charilie McAvoy and a few others. They would have also had to consider the Seattle expansion draft.
The starting asking price for the Blue Jackets may have been one of David Pastrnak, Charlie McAvoy or Jack Studnicka.
Having Dubois, Bergeron and Studnicka down the middle would have been nice though.

I hope folks don't read too much into the speculation part of this tweet, because it's dumb as shit.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

One of these things is not like the other!

As much as I would’ve loved to get PLD, I in no way would’ve traded one of Pasta or McAvoy. I think the only reason Blue Jackets got a player of Laine’s caliber was because he wanted out of his current situation. I think it would’ve been more of a large package of futures but Jarmo got VERY LUCKY.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
This is going to be a difficult year to upgrade. The expansion draft is likely to change a lot of teams minds about upgrading and then having to decide who to protect.

Meanwhile players who are in last year of contract should be very much in demand

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
According to Top Shelf Hockey and he quotes Nick Kypreos, there was a 3 way deal between the Bruins, Panthers and Islanders where Yandle would have traded to the Bruins, but he blocked the deal.

Reactions: TCB

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
According to Top Shelf Hockey and he quotes Nick Kypreos, there was a 3 way deal between the Bruins, Panthers and Islanders where Yandle would have traded to the Bruins, but he blocked the deal.

Interesting if true. I would have been fairly impressed if Sweeney had pulled off a three way deal, regardless of the outcome.

Wonder why Yandle would block it. He can't be happy playing on a team that never wins in a market that doesn't seem to care. Maybe he's worried the Bruins would bury him like they did with Backes and Moore? A bad team might just let him play regardless.

I also wonder what the deal was.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Interesting if true. I would have been fairly impressed if Sweeney had pulled off a three way deal, regardless of the outcome.

Wonder why Yandle would block it. He can't be happy playing on a team that never wins in a market that doesn't seem to care. Maybe he's worried the Bruins would bury him like they did with Backes and Moore? A bad team might just let him play regardless.

All good possible scenarios. But consider also, that he and his family are happy in south Florida, and, as disappointed as he might be at the future of the team, the security of his state tax free contract for the next three years, outweighs all other considerations.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Ya seems odd as Yandle plays with some of the guys in Boston during the off-season. Maybe he doesn't want the pressure of playing for his hometown team.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
One dimensional player, anchor of a contract, and his teams don't win. Nice guy though.
I read something last week that said his "iron man" streak was largely because he takes the fewest hits per game and engages in the least amount of physical contact of any defenseman in the NHL over his whole career, and it's not even close.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When Pasta is back,
Marshy-bergy-pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Debrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
Bjork-studnicka-Kuraly
Wagner/Kase

Lauzon-McAvoy
Xxxxx-Carlo
Zboril-Miller
Gryz/Clifton/Vaak/Moore

If we can package Kase + Gryz for a legit top 4 LD, we'll be looking very strong

I'd target a Nurse or a Hanifin

Wagner is not no Extra .

Root

Feb 22, 2010

I’ve got a hard time believing the Bruins wanted Yandle, but I’ll play along...

To Bruins: Yandle (FLA retains 50%)
To Islanders: John Moore
To Panthers: NYI 5th round pick

I have no idea, does not make sense. The only way I see the Bruins interested is if they are only on the hook for half Yandles salary and also offload Moore.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I want nothing to do with Yandle. We just parted ways with a younger similar player in krug. Idk why we would go after Yandle.

Bruins have allowed 2 or less goals in 4 of 5 games this season. Defense is playing great and the Power Play unit has been clicking. I don’t see any reason to mess with what they have going right now on the defensive end.

Bruins are allowing the 3rd least amount of scoring chances against per 60 minutes in the NHL. Small sample size, but early returns are still nice.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

could also be the tax situation.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->