Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No Ranger fan should doubt this guy. Mentally just as good as he is physically.

I felt like he was mentally last year. Though, in his career he almost never has horrible games, but he did give up a few too many 3rd period leads. But the team as a whole has been better in this department.

Reactions: bl02

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
@ OTT on Saturday - Can't lose momentum, but I can see them going Georgiev to get him a game against a "lesser" team. Don't do it. You would be crazy not to Start Igor.

1 day off

CGY on Monday - Start Igor with 3 days rest after.

3 days off

CBJ next Friday - Start Igor

1 day off

@ SEA on Sunday - Start Igor

1 day off

@ VAN on Tuesday - Start Igor, 2 days rest after

2 days off

Back to back @ EDM & CGY - Georgiev will get one of these games, no doubt. I'd start him against Calgary. It should be the only game he gets in this set, giving Igor two days rest for FLA.

1 day off

FLA at home - Start Igor

4 days off

Rest of the season - Start Igor

Georgiev should get one start between now and mid-November. The back to back games in Alberta two weeks from tonight. Edmonton is a tougher matchup. Back to back games. The Rangers could be tired in Calgary. Maybe Igor plays that game. They can figure it out in two weeks.

Starting on November 13 the Rangers are playing every other night. The schedule in December gets tougher. Three back to back games. First set is home and home. Second set is away and home. Third set is away and away. There is another game in one night later. 3 games in 4 nights. 4 games in 6 night. 6 games in 8 nights. Georgiev will get his opportunities to play.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Legit going from the best in his generation goalie with Hank to Shesty will straight up anger other teams. He was always the prospect that was eventually he will show up and we waited it seems like forever for him to show up, but he has not disappointed.

He needs to roll for 60-65 this season. My hope is that he doesn't get named to the OAR team for the Olympics. Let him rest up. There are more veteran Russian netminders that they could tap. Obviously Vasilevski is going to be the #1, but he easily could be the #2 for them. Probably will be Varlamov based on experience and then there is probably someone in the KHL they will bring to show that they have a top end goalie in their own league. Maybe Bob goes if he keeps playing well.

We're going to need him if they want to get into the postseason.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Georgiev should get one start between now and mid-November. The back to back games in Alberta two weeks from tonight. Edmonton is a tougher matchup. Back to back games. The Rangers could be tired in Calgary. Maybe Igor plays that game. They can figure it out in two weeks.

Starting on November 13 the Rangers are playing every other night. The schedule in December gets tougher. Three back to back games. First set is home and home. Second set is away and home. Third set is away and away. There is another game in one night later. 3 games in 4 nights. 4 games in 6 night. 6 games in 8 nights. Georgiev will get his opportunities to play.

Yep, load up on Shesty and ride this as long as you can. Would be great to get off to a very good start considering how tough the schedule gets, as you pointed out

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
and this was just stupid.

The Shesterkin Vezina tour... coming to a city near you. Tickets still available. Come see the greatness. Come witness poetry in motion while this Russian Masterpiece gives your team nothing.

League is gonna take notice reaaaaaal real quick

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
My gripe from when it was signed was length. I wanted him locked up longer but I understand it takes two... He probably want's his big pay day at 29 years old.... which is looking way ahead but still a concern

Good news is it's not like the 8 year contract that he'll likely demand and possibly deserve take him to age 42 or whatever.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He's always wincing so it really gets everyone concerned that he's about to break apart lol. Maybe he catches his breath through his eyes and it only looks like he's wincing?

Plus he's had that groin tweak where his head dipped beneath his leg on a push off and actually looked ded and gone through the pearly gates for the rest season only for it to be D2D, that was a good one. Groin issues tend to be hard to get rid of, and a splits-slinky like him would be doubley concerning.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He's always wincing so it really gets everyone concerned that he's about to break apart lol. Maybe he catches his breath through his eyes and it only looks like he's wincing?

Plus he's had that groin tweak where his head dipped beneath his leg on a push off and actually looked ded and gone through the pearly gates for the rest season only for it to be D2D, that was a good one. Groin issues tend to be hard to get rid of, and a splits-slinky like him would be doubley concerning.
A lot of people have unique mannerisms, it might even be that he wears contacts. I remember a lot of people wondered why Kravtsov was always blinking, but if you look at some pics of him he has glasses so he’s wearing contacts. Maybe the sweat irritates his eyes sometimes. I wear contacts and occasionally when playing I’ll get sweat in my eye and it’ll sting

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
A lot of people have unique mannerisms, it might even be that he wears contacts. I remember a lot of people wondered why Kravtsov was always blinking, but if you look at some pics of him he has glasses so he’s wearing contacts. Maybe the sweat irritates his eyes sometimes. I wear contacts and occasionally when playing I’ll get sweat in my eye and it’ll sting
Good point, I’d actually wear a sweatband under my mask to block it from getting in my eyes when I played goalie back in the day, it’s so painful

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Regarding what Vally talked about his side to side movement being unqiue.

1) Is this the first season he's doing it?

2) If not, why is Vally just mentioning it this season?

3) If yes, do you think it's something that Allaire realized he had a skill set for and experimented with it?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00