Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Guy looks locked in positionally and on high shots, giving some juice rebounds on low ones though, M I think he can try to use his stick instead of his pads a bit more to control the rebounds, but I’ll take that trade off any day

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
glad we have him locked up long term. He’s becoming the true backbone of the team and is giving us Hank-esque performances. The talent is obviously there, we just have to worry about consistency and health

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
He’s insanely talented and top 5 in the league. Vasy is still better and Fleury just won the Vezina, but he is making a case for one of the best, I just want him to be a workhorse and hope he’s not fragile. No more injuries Shesty!

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
We have to be one of the luckiest franchise in the league to go from the best Goalie of his generation to another guy with potential to be that
As a long (very long) fan, I would say that the one of the things that defines this franchise is our tradition of great goalies (I have seen them all): from Gumper, to Eddie, to JD (briefly) to Beezer to Richter, to Hank, and now to Igor. Hopefully, he will remain healthy and lead us to another Cup.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Listening to Vally explain the push off and how the pads are different was pretty cool.

He is making these lateral cross crease saves look a lot easier than they are. He is so calm, collected and compact.

I marvel at his composure and focus in the net, he doesn’t get rattled no matter what’s going on around him and he anticipates everything so smoothly, conserving energy.

It almost looks slow and methodical, but in actuality it’s lightning quick. Awesome to watch

He is playing at a Vezina level right now and I have no qualms in saying that.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
@ OTT on Saturday - Can't lose momentum, but I can see them going Georgiev to get him a game against a "lesser" team. Don't do it. You would be crazy not to Start Igor.

1 day off

CGY on Monday - Start Igor with 3 days rest after.

3 days off

CBJ next Friday - Start Igor

1 day off

@ SEA on Sunday - Start Igor

1 day off

@ VAN on Tuesday - Start Igor, 2 days rest after

2 days off

Back to back @ EDM & CGY - Georgiev will get one of these games, no doubt. I'd start him against Calgary. It should be the only game he gets in this set, giving Igor two days rest for FLA.

1 day off

FLA at home - Start Igor

4 days off

Rest of the season - Start Igor

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
@ OTT on Saturday - Can't lose momentum, but I can see them going Georgiev to get him a game against a "lesser" team. Don't do it. You would be crazy not to Start Igor.

1 day off

CGY on Monday - Start Igor with 3 days rest after.

3 days off

CBJ next Friday - Start Igor

1 day off

@ SEA on Sunday - Start Igor

1 day off

@ VAN on Tuesday - Start Igor, 2 days rest after

2 days off

Back to back @ EDM & CGY - Georgiev will get one of these games, no doubt. I'd start him against Calgary. It should be the only game he gets in this set, giving Igor two days rest for FLA.

1 day off

FLA at home - Start Igor

4 days off

Rest of the season - Start Igor
It's that simple. You can give Georgiev a start here and there but not when Shesty looks like this and has enough time off

It's borderline asinine to not play one of your best players as much as possible. He's been by far our best player to start the year.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
The people who soured on him must be feelin dumb! Shesterkin is living up to the hype. Best goalie in the KHL, to best goalie in the AHL; and now the best goalie in the NHL.

Oh joy, you found your new love interest.

Hey Moddds can we PLEASE consider changing the title of this thread to 'Igor F*ckin' Shesterkin' or possibly 'Shesty 3:16'?

Thankfully the 3.16 is not for his GAA.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
His movement in the net is amazing. Idk how many goalies can do this...go post to post to top of the crease that fast and efficiently while not sliding out of position or losing their balance. He's an amazing athlete and skater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad