If you could make a realistic trade who would you bring in?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I initially thought you could only retain 50% total. I didn't think that you could. I then looked it up and saw I was completely mistaken and Devan Dubnyk was a perfect beta test for this.

3.5M contract with Edm

traded once at 50% retention 1.75 with Edm, 1.75m with Nashville.

traded once at 25% retention (of the original contract), 0.875 with Nash, 0.875 with Montreal

Montreal bury him in AHL and have no cap on books.

Can't retain more than twice on the same deal (so Dubnyk could not have been traded with retention a third time) and him being buried by Montreal or bought out by Montreal does nothing to Edm and Nash's retained monies.

Thanks for this. Wasn't sure either. So EDM+Nashville did retent 75% in total.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I’m not sure what makes sense for Columbus or Detroit but Dubois would be an excellent add. Surely, wouldn’t be cheap.

I’m sure some other teams could do better but What’s the best package we could realistically put together?

Probably starts with Zadina/Raymond +?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I’m not sure what makes sense for Columbus or Detroit but Dubois would be an excellent add. Surely, wouldn’t be cheap.

I’m sure some other teams could do better but What’s the best package we could realistically put together?

Probably starts with Zadina/Raymond +?
If they considered a futures package (CBJ is far from a complete team & they're approaching their window, not in the midst of it)

Top5 protected 1st+Ras+Tuomisto+Cholo+Hirose+Svech+Smith+LGD+Erne+

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If they considered a futures package (CBJ is far from a complete team & they're approaching their window, not in the midst of it)

Top5 protected 1st+Ras+Tuomisto+Cholo+Hirose+Svech+Smith+LGD+Erne+

Why would Columbus ever do this? Honestly, I want to understand why you think it’s fair value.

A top 5 protected first loses a ton of value. Ras is a nice player, but isn’t going to move the needle in a major way. Tuomisto is a true wild card. The rest of your inclusions is a fancy way of turning Columbus into a landfill of players not good enough to play on the worst team in the NHL.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Why would Columbus ever do this? Honestly, I want to understand why you think it’s fair value.

A top 5 protected first loses a ton of value. Ras is a nice player, but isn’t going to move the needle in a major way. Tuomisto is a true wild card. The rest of your inclusions is a fancy way of turning Columbus into a landfill of players not good enough to play on the worst team in the NHL.
Agreed 100%. I forgot to add the " :sarcasm:", as I did in the other thread. I was distracted by the cat.

Isn't a Top5 protected pick only good for 1 year though? In other words, wouldn't CBJ get a shot at a '22 Top5 if they were denied one in '21, assuming the trade? Please clarify.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Go re-read other post, added ?

It’s a fair question, and one I’m not 100% certain of. If I was sitting on an asset like PLD, I don’t think I’d want to bank on hope that I get a crack at Wright or Lambert. PLD would improve the fortunes of the Wings quite a bit, and you’d see that lottery likelihood dwindle by the time that 2022 pick would come around.

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
I’m curious as what the cost for roslovic would be. A young right handed shot that can play center and wing. His value has tanked and with the hold out now I feel he could be had for fairly cheap.
good one i like that idea realistic and a good serviceable player that could do well with the wings and could get him for a decent price rather than a lot of the other trades

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I’m curious as what the cost for roslovic would be. A young right handed shot that can play center and wing. His value has tanked and with the hold out now I feel he could be had for fairly cheap.
Jets probably want a defenseman that can play now. Maybe they include him if they trade Laine. They are over the cap. I don't believe that he'll go so cheap nor that we have a D that they'd want

Reactions: evolutionbaby

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
You have to trade value to get back value. I agree it's a high price to pay, but that's probably about what it's gonna cost.

This is why I'd rather build through the draft, hope we get that 1C/2C through the draft within the next 2 seasons.
Trading 20 yo forward with star potential for good 2nd line center is the most stupid thing you can do when you are in rebuild. I agree, with getting C through draft. And who knows we never saw Fabbri on center, maybe he will be decent.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Provided he’d be willing to sign an extension

to Wings: PLD

to CBJ our 2021 first (non lottery protected) and Veleno

This year’s draft doesn’t seem to have a superstar and center is bar none our weakest position organizational wise. Adding a young player of PLD’s caliber would put us farther ahead than an Owen Power at this point imo.

I view it as very likely that PLD will be better than Larkin going forward, if he isn’t already. For our sake the pick would have to be non lottery predicted so we still have a chance at Wright in 22

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Provided he’d be willing to sign an extension

to Wings: PLD

to CBJ our 2021 first (non lottery protected) and Veleno

This year’s draft doesn’t seem to have a superstar and center is bar none our weakest position organizational wise. Adding a young player of PLD’s caliber would put us farther ahead than an Owen Power at this point imo.

I view it as very likely that PLD will be better than Larkin going forward, if he isn’t already. For our sake the pick would have to be non lottery predicted so we still have a chance at Wright in 22
& Veleno? I want PLD too, but I'd be gunshy about adding JV too. Unprotected for a team projected to finish last (virtually guaranteed a top 4 pick) is already enough, imo. Maybe add lesser pieces, like the Cholo & Hirose special :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00