If you could make a realistic trade who would you bring in?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion Nuge is one of the most underrated players in the entire league. He gets too much criticism because he was the first overall pick, and doesn't put up 100 points per season. He's overshadowed a bit by 97 and 29, but I really like what Nuge brings to the table. He's responsible, smart, and chips in offensively. I'd love to add Nuge, but don't think we have the assets to make it happen.

We don't have money? He was asking about signing him as a UFA. We absolutely have cap space.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
In my opinion Nuge is one of the most underrated players in the entire league. He gets too much criticism because he was the first overall pick, and doesn't put up 100 points per season. He's overshadowed a bit by 97 and 29, but I really like what Nuge brings to the table. He's responsible, smart, and chips in offensively. I'd love to add Nuge, but don't think we have the assets to make it happen.

he is a pending UFA which is why I brought it up however to your point the Oilers intend on keeping him.

completely agree about him being underrated. Such a solid player.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I thought I read he wanted $8 X 8 ? The term scares me more than the caphit, which is also a bit high.

My understanding is that negotiations have been a mixed bag and the oilers are trying to get him in the 6.5 - 7 range. I could live with 7.5 - 8 if the term is shorter but a 7 year deal at that salary would be too rich for my taste.

Supposedly, RNH would like to stay in Edmonton anyway so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I get where you coming from. I just don't see how else we can address that hole with out emptying the pipeline that has taken so long to stock. Even if we draft a centre with our top pick in the 2021 draft he would still probably be a year or two (at best) from making an impact at the position. With a guy like nuge we could ease the new prospect in on the wing or 3rd line C or draft another position we deem to be the BPA.

Nuge isn't perfect. Ideally we find someone better but Im not seeing much for options aside from selling the farm for a guy like PLD, who I like more than RNH, but sets us back as much as it helps us.

For me it comes down to opportunity cost. Trading Raymond/1st + Mantha to add someone like PLD < adding RNH for free.

I think it depends where you think PLD is going to top out at, but I get where you're coming from. If we're shopping for a forward this summer, I think I'd rather see us go after Hall if we're looking to make that sort of money and term investment. I know folks look at all of the wings we have and won't like adding another, but Hall is good enough to carry a line himself and would allow us to put a good but not great center in that spot.

Building around a wing isn't my preferred direction but I think it's something the Wings might be forced into.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
raymond for a d prospect with good size . i want this defense built strong . then if its a coin toss between a d or c next draft i can go c and hopefully get a 1 or 2 C

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
We're flipping Raymond already for a D prospect?

If the Wings wanted that, why wouldn't they have just drafted Sanderson (I prefer Drysdale but you said you value size) a few months ago instead?
they didnt like sanderson . but theres d prospects out there they like better than raymond

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
oh, do they now? Yzerman told me otherwise in our tiktok exchanges we do. you should see his dabs btw.

I mean there's a few D prospects I like better than Raymond, too, but there's also zero motivation for these teams to move franchise cornerstones for a winger with more current upside than production.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I mean there's a few D prospects I like better than Raymond, too, but there's also zero motivation for these teams to move franchise cornerstones for a winger with more current upside than production.

Hey, he said there are d prospects out there that they like better. Spoken matter of factly. I'm just saying Yzerman told me otherwise via tiktok.

But if I'm being candid, I wouldn't take a single drafted defensive prospect over Raymond. Raymond is a top 5 drafted prospect at the moment, and no one ahead of him is a defenseman. I guess the closest thing is the aforementioned Bowen Byram, but I still keep Raymond over him.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Which big bodied D prospect has a top 5 draft grade that you're going to flip for Raymond?

I feel like you're asking for the moon here.
it doesnt have to be a 19 year old . it could be a 22 year old . maybe theres somebody out there with a loaded young d pool that wants a winger , mean while i want to load up our d pool . then worry about wingers later . not saying theres a fit , just saying thats the fit ide be looking for because i believe in building from the defense out . and im seeing hronek as a 2nd pairing guy with nobody else behind him looking outstanding , guys like tuomisto - wallinder - johansen - mcissac are just possibles but not great looking as of now . yes we got our #1 in seider , but im looking to add another blue chip

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No more draft picks.
Get me prospects in their D+2 or D+3/4 years.
I can't wait 5 years for all these draft picks to work out.
This. I've been saying trading for prospects (D1-D3/4) is preferable to picks as it suits our timeline better with our 1st wave (core) already mid-20s. 2nd wave on the way, but only Hronek & Zadina here so far. We need the talent boost asap, not "a chance they may make it in 2-4 yrs".

Reactions: MBH

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Spectores hockey had a trade rumour that Pittsburgh needs a dman right now. Dekeyser was mentioned as a possibility. What do you think we would get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad