Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
They are almost all tough series with leafs losing 8 of the 9

Storyline next year will be if leafs can avoid going 9 for 10 rather than how clise the leafs are to winning a cup

We will play Boston or Panthers again next year most likely in R1
I will be looking forward to next years playoffs- provided that the Leafs make the playoffs of course.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I honestly think the biggest chunk of red meat that's going to get thrown out there this spring/summer is Keefe sent packing (that, I'm 99.97% sure will happen). I think the core changes come next year when the obvious two come off the books. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, just how I think this will play out.
Waiting all year on Marner would be interesting

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I honestly think the biggest chunk of red meat that's going to get thrown out there this spring/summer is Keefe sent packing (that, I'm 99.97% sure will happen). I think the core changes come next year when the obvious two come off the books. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, just how I think this will play out.
I agree.

Certainly not my preference but the most likely to happen.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
They should really just wheel out the TV and VCR from the AV room and play a tape of statements from the past 8 seasons.

These guys are not going to say anything new... it's not like they have a clue what needs to change.

Let's just skip to Thursday so we can get to the real news.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
After next season is the key thing. Thats when MM and JT come off. Add in some random $3-5M contracts of other players that should be done too I'm assuming and the team should have $30M+ to play with.
And then the team might be priced out of signing Domi, Bertuzzi and perhaps others. Next year could be painful with two lame duck players who will only play for themselves.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I want to see Shanahan, Keefe, Tavares, Marner, and Treliving gone in that order.

Problem is I think MLSE doesn't want to pay for Shanahan, Keefe, and Treliving to stay at home. Maybe Keefe gets the boot, but I can't see much else changing too many variables at this point.

I am even more concerned about next off season, where I could see our Management re-signing Tavares and Marner, because they beleive "we're so close".

I really hope I am wrong...

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Keefe for sure has to go now.

It's not even specific to his performance, he has simply been attached to too much losing over the years hard to believe him in the locker room trying to rally the troops for a big playoff win now.

It's interesting that so many players have blossomed under Keefe but in the end the playoff record is undeniable.

Reactions: BallardEra

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
We were further away than last year... Woll saved this team from an even worse embarrassment.

I am not seeing all the positivity around this team that others are, they looked worse than last year, they just "tried" harder in some people's eyes I guess.
Winning a round last year both meant and masked quite a bit in comparison though. We had one big win against Tampa and three OT victories. OTOH, all three wins against Boston this year were by a goal (yet only one required OT). It'd also be fair to point out that the injury bug bit the team just a little bit harder this time around. I'd still take last year's exit over this one, but...

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
If word that Jon Cooper wants to be a president is real, I wouldn’t mind that. You have a cup champion and lawyer in that role. Experience with a skill based cup winner. I wouldn’t mind that.
If the rumour is true that he provided Montgomery tips on how to beat the Leafs, that may not endear him to the new bosses. Ain’t happening. But would be a good hire

Reactions: mogs and BallardEra

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Media availability is pretty useless. No one is going to say what they really think but some will believe it and lose their minds no doubt.
I mean, that's what happens quite a bit when you're someone that has to report to the public. Nothing new there. People will be losing their minds because this iteration of the Leafs has been a failure to date.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I see it from the perspective of the returning players showing up at camp at the end of Summer and walking into the locker room. There are 3 groups that matter when they look around: The core (incl. Reilly), the goalies and the coaching staff.

For any Leafs player to have any optimism that next year can be different I believe they have to see at least one significant change in each of those groups: One of the core out & replaced by another (e.g. Marner out, a top-pairing D in), a new starting goalie or tandem (Woll is good, but not reliable health-wise) and a new coach (& special teams coach).

Upstairs, I think they could care less if Treliving, Shanahan or any else is still around, it's the guys in the locker room. To bring back the same core, goalie tandem and coaches is simply a guarantee of more of the same; And perception-fueled changes won't do it (e.g. firing a special teams coach only and/or trading a depth player). It has to cut deep and it has to hurt.

Right now, this team is broken. Literally and psychologically. And to bring the same group back would just be cruel at this point. Give the remaining guys some hope when they see big changes and the departed ones a chance to start over somewhere else.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Winning a round last year both meant and masked quite a bit in comparison though. We had one big win against Tampa and three OT victories. OTOH, all three wins against Boston this year were by a goal (yet only one required OT). It'd also be fair to point out that the injury bug bit the team just a little bit harder this time around. I'd still take last year's exit over this one, but...

The injury bug mattering seems to depend... we've had injuries for multiple years.

I agree that was an issue this year, much like it was in other years, I think we've been fairly unlucky with that.

I don't care if we won in OT or regulation though.

"results matter" is usually what is said on this board though.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Media availability is pretty useless. No one is going to say what they really think but some will believe it and lose their minds no doubt.
I will say the MTL clean up was a f***ing disgrace and they did exactly what they said they would lol.

Pretty sad.

Man how can Tanenbaum not give a f*** about being a laughing stock

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
To me, last years TB win was lucky. TB outplayed Leafs, and Bolts even missed Hedman and they other Dman for most of the series. Leafs got 3 lucky OT goals on screen shots or JT's lucky bouncer off someone.

As for this series, if Leafs were healthy would they beat Boston? Maybe. But given history, Leafs in playoffs they usually are healthy and it's made no difference in round 1 series losses.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Monty was gonna get fired after losing back to back years after being up 3-1. BOS fans citing you cant come back from physological collapses from their leader. Just think about that.

Keefe says hold my beer. His elimination game record is houseleague dog shyt.

This team needs a culture change up top and ESPECIALLY on the ice.

I will be shocked if Keefe isnt fired by Wednesday.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Never seen a schedule like this and all the unexpected health issues. We just couldnt keep it moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad