Speculation: If the Pens lose Evgeni Malkin could be on the block.

• Thread starter Detroit Sports*
  • Start date

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Now when they sign Letang, so much of their cap space is going to be tied up between 3 players, and yes that is a problem for them to try to build a "dynasty" haha

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Now when they sign Letang, so much of their cap space is going to be tied up between 3 players, and yes that is a problem for them to try to build a "dynasty" haha

That's what makes cap so great. Hick pick hoarders Could get some short-term succes, but after success the payrises will eat you long-term... if your drafting with lower picks aren't producing cheap and young material all the time.

crashman

Yea, its going to be difficult for any team to be a dynasty and keep cores together.

I know a lot of you don't want to hear it, but Ken Holland is actually doing a pretty damn good job finding a middle ground in all this. The Wings should be in good shape for the foreseeable future.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
That's what makes cap so great. Hick pick hoarders Could get some short-term succes, but after success the payrises will eat you long-term... if your drafting with lower picks aren't producing cheap and young material all the time.

I'm real curious on what's going to happen to Edmonton. A lot of good young players but I'm sure if they develop into the players that they were drafted to be, how much they are going to take out of the Oiler's cap. Then again, the cap space will probably be high enough to compensate for that when the time comes.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm real curious on what's going to happen to Edmonton. A lot of good young players but I'm sure if they develop into the players that they were drafted to be, how much they are going to take out of the Oiler's cap. Then again, the cap space will probably be high enough to compensate for that when the time comes.

They will hit in their prime at same time as Red Wings best prospect core at 2018-19. I could see Edmonton-Detroit -finals on those years. Ottawa is probably our hardest Division rival on those days.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This baby needs a lock, was always silly to put us in on the Geno pursuit, bet Nill is bummed in Dallas, he had the ammo to pursue Malkin if he truly was made available.

HTT3*

I'd wager that his point is they'll still have 2 recent Cup wins and that's much better than 0.

Well, though only won one, then nearly missed the playoffs (thanks to Dallas for choking) which resulted as a 1st round exit.

This year they are the fortunate team to stay healthy. Wings, Kings and Bruins all are crippled with injuries. Hawks are the benefactor of a short season and staying healthy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This sucks. Oh well. My dream is finished. Can we move onto "What if the Devils buyout Kovy!?"

I think Kovy would go home to SKA and the KHL. But cannot see the Devils even considering that, they still have some pretty serious financial problems, I am curious if they can even afford to buyout Volchenkov.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This baby needs a lock, was always silly to put us in on the Geno pursuit, bet Nill is bummed in Dallas, he had the ammo to pursue Malkin if he truly was made available.

Nothing prevents a trade afterwards..? This was just a contract extension, so Pens would secure they won't lose Malkin for free agency...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nothing prevents a trade afterwards..? This was just a contract extension, so Pens would secure they won't lose Malkin for free agency...

What you don't think this has a NMC? He could have got more other places, wanted 10 million plus and took 9.5 that thing will probably have an ironclad NMC in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad