Value of: If Edmonton ends up with a top 2 pick

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Seriously.

Edmonton should just trade McDavid (+Lucic) and restart with a bunch of high-end prospects and picks.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I'd offer Kyle Palmieri + 2rd + Mueller or Coleman + Palmieri for that pick... Shero probably wouldn't as he need a competitive team in order to convince Hall to stay. This Devils team just isn't good and need a complete rebuild around Hischier, Bratt, and Hall if he stays.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'd offer Kyle Palmieri + 2rd + Mueller or Coleman + Palmieri for that pick... Shero probably wouldn't as he need a competitive team in order to convince Hall to stay. This Devils team just isn't good and need a complete rebuild around Hischier, Bratt, and Hall if he stays.
Not close

There's nothing on the Devil's besides your top 2 guys (Hall + Nico) that we'd move Hughes/Kakko for.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
The league has a vested interested in Edmonton not ruining anymore young talent. Edmonton should be prevented from drafting that high again.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I took it as we dont want NHL ready impact players (a superstar 2-way shutdown D). We prefer going the way that hasnt worked for the past decade and more.
People really never learn. They just stick to it.
“Superstar 2-way shutdown D” who has a toxic contract and is well past his prime. Dont act all innocent.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Not close

There's nothing on the Devil's besides your top 2 guys (Hall + Nico) that we'd move Hughes/Kakko for.

I get why you wouldn't do it, but this Oilers team needs depth more than anything. Palmieri is a top line winger and Blake Coleman is a beast, one of the best Pkillers in the game, plays a tireless game and is good offensively for a top9 winger(on pace for just shy of 50pts without PP time). They would help McDavid and Drai more than a 18y old... but yeah, could try and get a better/sexier package

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
“Superstar 2-way shutdown D” who has a toxic contract and is well past his prime. Dont act all innocent.
Toxic contract?? LMAO. Hes getting payed just 7.88M for what he does and u call that toxic?? LOL look at players like Nylander who get payed more or less the same and will almost never have the same impact Weber can offer to any team no matter his age. You act as if any player past a certain age is useless LMAO. Many elite players, and inferior to Weber, such as Giordano, Markov, Gonchar, and many other Ds, have proven they can still play at an elite level in their mid to late 30's. So get outta of here with the 'too old cant play' BS.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
I understand that. But his reasoning aka criticism of Weber is extremely clueless.
But tbh as a playoff team, which is what EDM should be vying for, I would not trade Weber for the 2oa pick. But the habs are better off rebuilding to become a legit cup contender for years to come. We are just lacking one elite talent before reaching that level imo.
delusional.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Toxic contract?? LMAO. Hes getting payed just 7.88M for what he does and u call that toxic?? LOL look at players like Nylander who get payed more or less the same and will almost never have the same impact Weber can offer to any team no matter his age. You act as if any player past a certain age is useless LMAO. Many elite players, and inferior to Weber, such as Giordano, Markov, Gonchar, and many other Ds, have proven they can still play at an elite level in their mid to late 30's. So get outta of here with the 'too old cant play' BS.
If you really think it's fair, start a poll.

Is Weber worth the 2nd overall pick?

You might get 2 or 3 votes for yes

Reactions: BudBundy

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If you really think it's fair, start a poll.

Is Weber worth the 2nd overall pick?

You might get 2 or 3 votes for yes
Nope I didnt argue regarding that. Im arguing rn solely on Weber's 'toxic' contract.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Balh blah rage rage whatever. Start a new thread and see what offers you get for Weber and stop polluting this thread with nonsense.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Balh blah rage rage whatever. Start a new thread and see what offers you get for Weber and stop polluting this thread with nonsense.
LOL any counter argument is seen as rage by you. You're too childish. Thanks for reminding not to argue with ya.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If the Oilers get the 2nd overall pick.

I would trade Zibby for the the 1st plus others. I don’t know exactly what the others is.

I think the Oilers know really well that having a top pick doesn’t necessarily mean a solid player. I think Oilers need more of a sure thing like a 26 year old first line player that can contribute to winning now. Not a player that is probably 2-4 years away.

The Rangers on the other hand are rebuilding. It would stink to lose Zibby but having a player like Hughes or Kakko, is a nice risk playing with there other young players.

I’m really bad at making trades but how about this.

Oilers trade

1st round 2019 - if it is top 2 overall
1st round 2020
E. Bear
Lucic- Salary dump

Rangers trade

Zibby

The question is how much value is rewarded due to the Rangers taking Lucic at 100% salary.
There is no way that even with Lucic included Zibby gets anywhere near that return. If the Oilers have a top 2 pick it would take more than Zibanajed alone to get them to move it. And there is no way that they would give up a first and Bear just to move Lucic.

Reactions: 780il

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
The one thing people don’t seem to understand in this thread is that the oilers need elite talent on entry level contract to balance out their cap. Trading the pick is a bad idea IMO

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
The one thing people don’t seem to understand in this thread is that the oilers need elite talent on entry level contract to balance out their cap. Trading the pick is a bad idea IMO
Yep! Better off to keep the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad