Value of: If Edmonton ends up with a top 2 pick

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Now as an Oiler fan I am embarrassed that we are probably going to be picking high yet again . I am not sure if anything will change in Edmonton and the have a piss poor drafting record .

Busts
PRV
Yakupov
Puljujarvi ?

Looking for offers on our pick . what would you offer for the following picks and what cap dumps would you be willing to take back .

1st OA ?
2nd OA ?
3rd OA ?
4th OA ?
5th OA ?
6th OA ?

Oilers needs are wingers , PPQB and Right shooting C

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
Theres some real good looking players in the draft this year. And given how hard it is to move salary (ie. Lucic, Manning, Sekera etc.) our best bet might be grabbing one of these top forwards. Not to mention the expansion draft upcoming. I'm not saying don't add quality players that can impact the team now because of the expansion draft, but with one looming, it's something you need to consider. Unless one team is willing to take cap back without sacrificing the value of the pick, I think you gotta hold onto it. Plus we don't have a GM yet and likely won't until closer to the draft. Don't exactly want to see the Old Boys Clubs fire off assets (1st and 2nd for Reinhart) again when the new scape goat comes in

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Vancouver would probably be all over it (if it's 1st OA), try to unite the Hughes brothers and re-live the Sedin era.

They got some real nice young players over there that would look reeeal good on McDavid's wing

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lol dude no one is anchoring themselves to that Weber contract, least of all us. Wouldn’t take him for free. The long term pain is not worth the short term gain.
What? Lol
Weber isnt close to an anchor. Hes a legit #1 and for what he does is underpaid. Hes a beast who shows no signs of slowing down no matter what HF wants to believe.

Reactions: booyakasha

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What? Lol
Weber isnt close to an anchor. Hes a legit #1 and for what he does is underpaid. Hes a beast who shows no signs of slowing down no matter what HF wants to believe.

I’m sure that’s why he missed most of last season and half of this season. He’s the very picture of health.

We’re not signing up to pay him that deal in his declining years, of which there are a ton left. Hard pass.

Reactions: BringJordanHome

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I’m sure that’s why he missed most of last season and half of this season. He’s the very picture of health.

We’re not signing up to pay him that deal in his declining years, of which there are a ton left. Hard pass.
LMAO C.L.U.E.L.E.S.S.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I prefer not to trade the 2nd overall pick for a 33/34 year old dman signed forever.

I understand if you wouldn’t want to trade a 2nd overall for a player about to enter his mid 30’s, but Weber’s worth every penny and his contract isn’t nearly as bad as people make it out to be. He’d instantly fix your D like he did ours, and let’s be honest, your team doesn’t want to do a full rebuild again after 10 years, they want to find a way to compete now while McDavid is in his prime production wise. I know the poster was really aggressive above but doesn’t give you a right either to start throwing crap on our players.

Reactions: Legend123

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad