Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I’ve been fairly obsessively watching the team since their first season in Denver and I think the only time any member of the Avs organization was ever completely honest was that time Makar shook off a penalty called in his favor.

Then they took him to the basement and he hasn’t looked the same since.

Timing seems to coincide with Cale's hip injury. LOC's a good guy too, he must have done something sportsmanlike this year.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Landeskog on the ice doing pre-practice warmups with the team.

Getting better and stronger everyday…

I'm half convinced we will never see him skate in a regular practice jersey. He'll be in the red no-hit jersey skating around like this with the boys in the morning. Then he'll be dropping the gloves on the opening faceoff and beating the ever loving crap out of somebody to set the god damned tone later that night.

Can’t imagine how tough this has been physically and mentally not being in battle with his team

Yeah, and knowing the type of man he is, the fact that he's the Captain must've have made this all the more intolerable to bare. It's not just that they could've used him skill-wise out there. There were a lot of times, especially last season, where I think they just absolutely missed him... both personally and for the emotional leadership he provides.

I sort of pity the team we are playing the night he is green-lit. The dogs are going to be pulling the sled HARD. Nobody is going to allow themselves to be the reason that night doesn't end with a total celebration.

<AlexG4 has entered the chat>

Just kidding.
I hope.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fresh Drouin news

Drouin told Francois Gagnon from RDS (French TSN) exactly what happened.

ik41pwo.png

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
FTR I don’t think Drouin will have a Landy situation happen. Cuts happen more frequently than they should, but they mostly just heal with little long term damage. I’m sure he’ll be fine. Our group should be a little more leery of it for obvious reasons.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Someone should ask Frenchy if the Nords were this secretive about injuries when the team played in Quebec..
You should read about how Peter and Anton got to Quebec. The Nordiques/Avs have had to employ gestapo media relations since the onset with the defection of those two. The Athletic had a pretty good writeup that includes some of the details in their top NHL 99 series...

Reactions: Zolik37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad