Idaho Steelheads (ECHL) Discussion

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I'd keep him. Lots of heart, and he's a big ass, lanky goalie. Needs to work on rebound control from low shots though. He's a good AHL goalie.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

ilovelucyewww.gif

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
From the story on why he was moved to a new team:

"It was an accumulation of things, and there was a recent discipline issue," said Will Hoenike, director of broadcasting and media relations for the Steelheads, referencing the weekend's arrest. "The team got together with Tristan, and both sides decided there needed to be a change."

He's been on 4 different ECHL teams in 2 years.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The same thing happened last year... with a different coaching staff.

For every Fraser or Dillon you're going to have a Tristan King.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID

He's been a Diva since day 1. He came in here thinking he was too good to play here and sucked. He was out hurt more games than he actually played. Seemed like he was starting to figure it out last year and actually played okay this year. He's always been a loner on trips and just kept to himself. Now this mess. Hope someday he looks back and realizes what he pi**ed away.
We got TJ Galiardi's brother from S.F. yesterday so hopefully we get the better of the swap. S.F. plays here tomorrow and Sat. Gonna be interesting to see what kind of reception King will get.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX

For every Fraser or Dillion you get a King, an AHL fodder, an ECHL caliber, and an injury bust. The number of players who are passed over twice in the draft and go on to be good AHL to good NHL guys is pretty few. Those two signings by Dallas are the exception, not the rule.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I know. Just pointing out that with the outstanding success the Stars have had with undrafted free agents out of the CHL lately it's hard to even care what T. King does or doesn't do.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
For every Fraser or Dillion you get a King, an AHL fodder, an ECHL caliber, and an injury bust. The number of players who are passed over twice in the draft and go on to be good AHL to good NHL guys is pretty few. Those two signings by Dallas are the exception, not the rule.

Nitpicking but he was only passed over once. They signed him two months after his first draft right after the rookie tournament. It's crazy to think ... but he's been under contract with this team for 4 years.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID

I read the Josh Robinson recall to Texas before I read that Besko was sent back. I thought Texas took both our goalies again. Last time it was the day before the finals when we had steamrolled everyone to get to the finals and then we lost 4-1 in the finals with a guy off the street in the net. Hopefully Besko gets some good playoff experience this year.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The Goalie Guild ‏@TheGoalieGuild

Chris Rawlings has signed an ATO with Idaho (ECHL). Just speculating, but may have caught Dallas' eye. I still expect NHL teams to inquire.

This could be a sign that Nilstorp's concussion is serious, and they plan on needing Robinson as a backup for a while in Texas.

Also, Rawlings has attended Dallas' rookie camp. He's a former Northeastern teammate of Jamie Oleksiak.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
This could be a sign that Nilstorp's concussion is serious, and they plan on needing Robinson as a backup for a while in Texas.

Also, Rawlings has attended Dallas' rookie camp. He's a former Northeastern teammate of Jamie Oleksiak.

Shutout in his first pro game!!!

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I didn't consider this previously, but this probably also a sign Maxime Lagace plays an overage year in the QMJHL.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Western Conference Semifinals Idaho vs Ontario Reign.
Game one was tonight and Idaho won in overtime.
Beskorowany had 37 saves on 39 shots. Tylor Gron had two goals including the game winner in overtime.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Idaho won 6-0 tonight. A. Smith with a goal and an assist. The series is tied at 2.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Idaho is up 4-2 in the second period, with a win they advance to the Conference Finals.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Partnership with Idaho has been extended another season.

Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has extended its affiliation agreement with the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL for the 2013-14 season. This will be the ninth season in a row, and the 10th overall that the Stars organization has partnered with the Steelheads. Idaho was affiliated with the Phoenix Coyotes for one season in 2004-05, but the team has spent the rest of its ECHL history working with the Stars, making it one of the longest continuous affiliations in the ECHL. This will be the fifth consecutive season that the Texas Stars have shared an affiliation with Idaho.

“Developing hockey players is one of the most important functions we have as an organization,” said Nill. “The Idaho Steelheads are a big part of that development process and we look forward to continuing our partnership with them this upcoming season.”

http://www.texasstarshockey.com/articles/dallas-texas-stars-reach-affiliation-agreement-with-idaho

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I saw that earlier, funny stuff!

Well...not as funny if you're from Idaho, but I'm willing to bet there's a few arenas with the same "problem". ;)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I saw that earlier, funny stuff!

Well...not as funny if you're from Idaho, but I'm willing to bet there's a few arenas with the same "problem". ;)

If you clicked the link at the end of the story, it says the Seattle Seahawks did the same thing a few years ago.

Funny to me probably because I refuse to drink at those prices, but I'd be pissed if I bought that stuff regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad