Idaho Steelheads (ECHL) Discussion

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Idaho about to get underway against the Colorado Eagles in Boise.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
3-1 Idaho after 2. Labrie, Tousignant, and Coyle all have assists.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
A. Smith has already scored again in Idaho's game.

If he for whatever reason gets left down there he could very well end up leading the league in goals despite his games played disadvantage.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
...and Austin gets his 2nd of the night. Got half the game left to go for the hat trick.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
...and Austin gets his 2nd of the night. Got half the game left to go for the hat trick.

Should have had it. Missed 2 slam dunks. Lost an assist on a 2 on 1 that the goalie robbed the winger on. First goal was a highlight reel one. If I can get a replay of it I will post it.
Not sure why Willie doesn't want a scorer on a team that can't score. Oh well, we'll take it till the lockout ends. Robinson played well too.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Should have had it. Missed 2 slam dunks. Lost an assist on a 2 on 1 that the goalie robbed the winger on. First goal was a highlight reel one. If I can get a replay of it I will post it.
Not sure why Willie doesn't want a scorer on a team that can't score. Oh well, we'll take it till the lockout ends. Robinson played well too.

I laugh, but out of pain :cry:

And now since they're winning, Smith will probably stay there for awhile.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Forgot to post this but A. Smith had a goal and an assist last night. Tristan King also had 2 goals.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
A. Smith with a goal and an assist tonight (of course), Idaho leading 3-1 in the 3rd.

They can move into a tie for first in the West if Alaska loses tonight.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Ever since A. Smith got there they've been the best team in that league. They have the best goal differential in the ECHL by a solid margin and are tied for the best points percentage despite a slow start... and having accrued like twice as many penalty minutes as alot of the other teams. Does Idaho have alot of fighters on the team or are they just really undisciplined?

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Ever since A. Smith got there they've been the best team in that league. They have the best goal differential in the ECHL by a solid margin and are tied for the best points percentage despite a slow start... and having accrued like twice as many penalty minutes as alot of the other teams. Does Idaho have alot of fighters on the team or are they just really undisciplined?

Austin Smith is far and away the best guy on the ice for either team during games but there is a lot of talent here this year. From what I have seen live and other roster lists Idaho has to be a the top or near the top of the league as far as having AHL talent. Great for being top of the league now but not grea when the lockout ends and everyone goes back to the AHL and we get to watch out of work guys play the rest of the year.
The slow start was mostly on Besko who was less than stellar. Since Robinson took over the top spot they have been winning and Besko has picked up his game as well.
As far as tough guys.....not really. Just a lot of hard nosed guys who are probably pissed that they are even the ECHL year. Fights don't really hurt anything if you have a deep team. Both guys going to the box and rarely creating a power play. No harm no foul.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
^ Thanks for the insights.

A. Smith 2 more goals tonight, but Idaho loses in OT.

k1279

Aug 14, 2010
Austin Smith fight

Didn't see this posted anywhere other than Stepneski's blog. Austin Smith's "fight" from over the weekend.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
A.Smith gets a goal and extends his point streak to 10 games. And Beskorwany got the shutout. He has now won his last 3 stopping 84 of his last 86 shots

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Huge win for Idaho. They move past Alaska for the division lead. Good for Besko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad