McKenzie: I wouldn't be shocked if Jonathan Drouin were dealt

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Change Milano for Dubois and we add Tyler Johnson (a proven playoff performer) who is good for 50-60 points a season + our first round pick ?

Interesting idea, but I think it would be a bit too complicated because of the two Bolts players' upcoming raises. We'd have to send a major dump to Tampa, but there isn't exactly a cap dump on the Jackets other than Hartnell...and I don't think he wants to be traded at this point in his career (not counting Clarkson bc of LTIR).

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Faulk or Hanifin would probably be fair for 1-on-1 trade. I would only do it if Drouin still actually wants to get traded though.

Honestly I don't see Carolina trading Faulk since he is a RHD.

Best offers so far. I know Yzerman said he was open to a LHD, but there is a complication. He would have to move one of Garrison or Coburn to make room.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Usually when the b-train insinuates something like this, it happens. So cya Drouin.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If I was Tbay I'd trade Drouin. Pre Madonnas like Drouin don't fit on teams looking to win championships like Tbay. Wouldn't want him on the Oilers that's for sure.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
If I was Tbay I'd trade Drouin. Pre Madonnas like Drouin don't fit on teams looking to win championships like Tbay. Wouldn't want him on the Oilers that's for sure.
I had no idea Drouin can sing too. I wonder how much that increases his trade value?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't think Drouin is at all interested in staying in TB. I fully believe he publicly pulled back his trade request but very much kept it alive privately.

I said the same thing after Yzermans end of year interview and Friedman reporting the idea

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
A rebuilding team trades a D over 30 who already has a questionable contract and health concerns going for a potential first line winger?

Seems like a good move to me.
Ask the idiots who ran the Oilers from 2007 until 2015 how icing a team full of young forwards worked out :biglaugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba would be perfect in TB.

Don't think Drouin is enough straight up, and the Jets don't really need forwards. They'd need to flip Drouin for a top LHD, or trade another forward for D.

To TB: Trouba
To Wpg: Drouin and 2017 1st

To LAK: Drouin (+?)
To Wpg: Muzzin

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

Don't think Drouin is enough straight up, and the Jets don't really need forwards. They'd need to flip Drouin for a top LHD, or trade another forward for D.

I could live with that, but much prefer Drouin and Koekkoek for Trouba.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I might be wrong, but I don't think CBJ can afford that, capwise.

Assuming a flat cap, we've got about $2.9m in cap space plus up to $5.25m in LTIR relief from Clarkson. And in that setup we're sending back just over $5m total from Murray and Calvert. Gives us essentially $13.2m to sign five RFAs (the two newcomers plus Wennberg, Anderson, and Korpisalo). But at that point we'd have a full roster (not accounting for whomever we lose to the expansion draft, naturally).

That would be pretty impressive if we could pull it off.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Myers (25% retained), Petan and next year's first round pick for Drouin and this year's first rounder.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I think we would sooner trade Drouin for futures and try again for Shattenkirk

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Assuming a flat cap, we've got about $2.9m in cap space plus up to $5.25m in LTIR relief from Clarkson. And in that setup we're sending back just over $5m total from Murray and Calvert. Gives us essentially $13.2m to sign five RFAs (the two newcomers plus Wennberg, Anderson, and Korpisalo). But at that point we'd have a full roster (not accounting for whomever we lose to the expansion draft, naturally).

That would be pretty impressive if we could pull it off.

I don't see how a trade like that could be possible unless Jack Johnson+an additional asset is subbed out for Murray, but I don't think Tampa would do that. We'd probably have to buy out Hartnell as well - which may happen anyways.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/311568

I'm not saying it's fair value, but I gave it a shot to see if it could work financially. It would be extremely tight the following year when Atkinson, Jenner, Murray and Bjorkstrand all need new contracts.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

Agreed. A 65-70 year old would have some difficulty cracking the Bolts lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad