McKenzie: I wouldn't be shocked if Jonathan Drouin were dealt

Nov 1, 2011
Past expansion draft:

To VAN: Drouin + 2018 1st + Garrison (if they want to dump him)
To TBL: Edler + Tanev

Keep the VAN to TBL d-man trade route going. Gives Tampa better depth on D then any other team post expansion draft. VAN's d gets so bad they could out-tank Vegas.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
What's great about this is you thought that the argument that jvr isn't a 30/30 guy when he's pretty much been exactly that for 4 years straight holds merit. Or are you really going to sit there and act like a 27 and 29 goal season(s) isn't good enough? It's laughable at how many posters will pretend he's not going to give you around 30/30 every year because they're fixated on a year where he was a few short and another where he was one short. He's averaged 60.05 points over the last four years. I put the .05 part in just because it shows how he literally averages that. But sure, "career year". Lets start calling him a 27/29 guy. That way lazy posters who intentionally omit the fact that he had a year of 29 and 27. I'm sure you'd find some other lazy argument to throw around though.

Ahahaha !
Yup, just went through the same thing when I made the mistake of saying that Galchenyuk, on a bad year, would've reached the 60-mark had he not been injured...when in fact, he was on pace for...59.

But you know what they say...every point is important. :)

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What's great about this is you thought that the argument that jvr isn't a 30/30 guy when he's pretty much been exactly that for 4 years straight holds merit. Or are you really going to sit there and act like a 27 and 29 goal season(s) isn't good enough? It's laughable at how many posters will pretend he's not going to give you around 30/30 every year because they're fixated on a year where he was a few short and another where he was one short. He's averaged 60.05 points over the last four years. I put the .05 part in just because it shows how he literally averages that. But sure, "career year". Lets start calling him a 27/29 guy. That way lazy posters who intentionally omit the fact that he had a year of 29 and 27. I'm sure you'd find some other lazy argument to throw around though.
Check your math...he has averaged exactly 52 points the last 4 seasons.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I think he ment if you pro-rate his stats over 82 games. It's sort of unfair to count a season he played 40 games into the the average if you are just using pure points scored in all 4 seasons

It probably would be fairer to say he has averaged 52 points in 70.5 Games over the last 4 seasons

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Any chance Tampa would trade Drouin for a top 3 pick in this years draft?

Yzerman is quoted to saying he wants more offense from the D. I don't think picks or Tanev for that matter is what he's looking to deal for. Guys like Barrie and Vatanen would be offensive contributors but aren't in the ballpark value wise, especially when you factor in the cap hit.

Faulk or Hanifin are the only two players in this thread worth dealing Drouin for.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think he ment if you pro-rate his stats over 82 games. It's sort of unfair to count a season he played 40 games into the the average if you are just using pure points scored in all 4 seasons

It probably would be fairer to say he has averaged 52 points in 70.5 Games over the last 4 seasons

Pro-rated or not, that's irrelevant when he's done it 4 straight years. Even if you take away the year he played 40, he's at 59.6 points over those 3 years. Again, he's a 60 point player. There's not many who are more consistent. I'm sure someone will find a way to say he's not a 60 point player. He's a 59.6 point player! Just like I said, not a 30/30 forward!

MissionCanucksFan

Mar 2, 2014

What's funny about JVR arguement is that he wasn't even a 1st line player. I believe Babcock had him on the 2nd/3rd lines most of the year.
What's even better is that if JVR was so good then why is his name always the first in all trade proposals by Toronto fans all year. Some even toss in 1st round picks or deal sweetners.

Geoff72

Mar 25, 2015
Toronto
Past expansion draft:

Keep the VAN to TBL d-man trade route going. Gives Tampa better depth on D then any other team post expansion draft. VAN's d gets so bad they could out-tank Vegas.

OK, I live in this city and I find it hard to believe that anybody outside of this city thinks Tanev is anything more than top pairing AHL dman. Edler, does anybody really need to say anything about him? And you think Tampa should give you Drouin and an '18 1st in an extremely deep draft and a crappy dman for those two scrubs?

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Past expansion draft:

Don't really see us taking 5 mil extra in cap. So remove Edler and switch the pick for 18 2nd or 17 2nd

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Habs need scoring and would love to add a French guy.

Not sure what gets you Drouin within the division, of if a third team is needed to make this move possible (if it's possible).

Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and a 2nd rounder to Tampa

Drouin and Coburn to Montreal?

Galchenyuk and Drouin get a change of scenery, Tampa gets a younger more mobile defenseman with offensive upside, while Montreal gets a veteran with size and grit that fits into their top 4.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Habs need scoring and would love to add a French guy.

Not sure what gets you Drouin within the division, of if a third team is needed to make this move possible (if it's possible).

Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and a 2nd rounder to Tampa

Drouin and Coburn to Montreal?

Galchenyuk and Drouin get a change of scenery, Tampa gets a younger more mobile defenseman with offensive upside, while Montreal gets a veteran with size and grit that fits into their top 4.

Wouldn't do Drouin for Galchenyuk nor Coburn for Beaulieu and 2nd is not enough

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Garrison's contract isn't great but can be unloaded for a lot less than Drouin.

The issue with Drouin is not his next contract, or the cap crunch that Tampa has.
The issue is that it starts to seem that he doesn't like it very much here (can't fault him the way Coop has treated him).

Gotta think we could work something out with the Canes, Blues, Ducks, Preds or Blue Jackets as they all have defense-man that fit our needs and could use someone like Drouin.
We will see.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The issue with Drouin is not his next contract, or the cap crunch that Tampa has.
The issue is that it starts to seem that he doesn't like it very much here (can't fault him the way Coop has treated him).

Gotta think we could work something out with the Canes, Blues, Ducks, Preds or Blue Jackets as they all have defense-man that fit our needs and could use someone like Drouin.
We will see.

Some of the teams you listed are interesting. The Canes are a no brainer, but I am not sure that the pieces are there from the Blues or Preds. I suppose that the Preds could trade an Ellis, Ekholm, or Fabbro. The Jackets are not necessarily a fit either, since they won't trade Werenski or Jones. Savard or JJ could be had, but I am not sure that I would follow the logic of that kind of trade for the Lightning. Ryan Murray will likely be available, but given his injury history and attrocious possession numbers from the past season, I am not sure what the demand would be for him. I thought the Jackets management were less than enthusiastic about him after the season as well.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What's even better is that if JVR was so good then why is his name always the first in all trade proposals by Toronto fans all year. Some even toss in 1st round picks or deal sweetners.

My guess is they see he is a UFA next summer and want something for him before he signs elsewhere

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Ottawa could really use a skilled winger like Drouin. With expansion imminent, I think Ottawa could give up Ceci +.

Drouin

for

Ceci
2017 1st
Dzingle

Assuming LV claims Wideman:

Drouin-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt/Stalberg

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Boro-Claessen-Harpur

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Yzerman is quoted to saying he wants more offense from the D. I don't think picks or Tanev for that matter is what he's looking to deal for. Guys like Barrie and Vatanen would be offensive contributors but aren't in the ballpark value wise, especially when you factor in the cap hit.

Faulk or Hanifin are the only two players in this thread worth dealing Drouin for.

Agree but would add EJ and Trouba

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Some of the teams you listed are interesting. The Canes are a no brainer, but I am not sure that the pieces are there from the Blues or Preds. I suppose that the Preds could trade an Ellis, Ekholm, or Fabbro. The Jackets are not necessarily a fit either, since they won't trade Werenski or Jones. Savard or JJ could be had, but I am not sure that I would follow the logic of that kind of trade for the Lightning. Ryan Murray will likely be available, but given his injury history and attrocious possession numbers from the past season, I am not sure what the demand would be for him. I thought the Jackets management were less than enthusiastic about him after the season as well.

The Blues and Lightning have reportedly been scouting one another even after Shattenkirk was dealt to the Caps. From what a mod on our board said it seems Yzerman likes LD Jake Walman or at least his amateur scouts do. If that's the case they would probably also like LD Vince Dunn. The Blues also have RD Jordan Schmaltz. Obviously none of those gets it done in a 1 for 1 swap but it is interesting to note these 2 teams have been scouting each other even after Shattenkirk was traded.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
What's funny about JVR arguement is that he wasn't even a 1st line player. I believe Babcock had him on the 2nd/3rd lines most of the year.

What's funny is that the Leafs spread out the minutes across the first three lines. I suggest you actually do some research. And, if anything, it's laughable that I posted his numbers over the last 4 seasons above yet you still say he's not a first line player. How lazy of you. You could have figured that out in a matter of seconds. You also could have figured out that we're loaded with wingers and he's a UFA after next season. He can help address other areas. Posts like yours are exactly the junk I was talking about earlier. Leafs fans get mocked for being misinformed yet here you are, not a shred of evidence supporting your claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad