McKenzie: I wouldn't be shocked if Jonathan Drouin were dealt

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Wouldn't Montreal be interested in Johnson+Drouin? They need a C (TJ).
Galchenyuk and Sergachev are probably 2 pieces that would interest Tampa, depending.

personally no interrest in johnson, whole different story for drouin. our C would still be a huge probleme... unless we sign shipachev. if so i'd be willing to deal sergachev for a drouin deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
personally no interrest in johnson, whole different story for drouin. our C would still be a huge probleme... unless we sign shipachev. if so i'd be willing to deal sergachev for a drouin deal.

Yeah not interested in Johnson either. I'd do Galchenyuk for Drouin though. And I'd trade Pacioretty for a center afterward.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Wow, teams really lowball here. Why would Yzerman want a package? Bolts have prospects and picks up their ears. If he wants a D-man he should call up Canes and get Hanefin asap..

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Wow, teams really lowball here. Why would Yzerman want a package? Bolts have prospects and picks up their ears. If he wants a D-man he should call up Canes and get Hanefin asap..

as much as value wise its a wash, i doubt carolina would trade hanifin, specialy for a winger, doesnt make sense for them

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't want them to trade Drouin because I think his potential is off the charts but if we do I have faith in SY to get a good deal in return.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't want them to trade Drouin because I think his potential is off the charts but if we do I have faith in SY to get a good deal in return.

That's the thing. SY is going to wait for the right deal. Drouin has a lot of potential but he has not fully shown it yet and after the fiasco last season some GMs may not want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. It would be ironic if he gets traded after he rescinded his trade request and said he wants to say but I think something is boiling and it's going to be an interesting summer for Tampa, especially after those Kuch comments.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
That's the thing. SY is going to wait for the right deal. Drouin has a lot of potential but he has not fully shown it yet and after the fiasco last season some GMs may not want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. It would be ironic if he gets traded after he rescinded his trade request and said he wants to say but I think something is boiling and it's going to be an interesting summer for Tampa, especially after those Kuch comments.

I don't think Drouin is at all interested in staying in TB. I fully believe he publicly pulled back his trade request but very much kept it alive privately.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
The Lightning and the Blues were still scouting each other after the deadline, There have been several "in the mix" deals involving Shattenkirk and Drouin, etc.

I think if he goes anywhere, it'll be to the Blues.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Drouin is at all interested in staying in TB. I fully believe he publicly pulled back his trade request but very much kept it alive privately.

I think so also which is why I said something is boiling. No exit interview and he declined to play for team Canada the same time Cooper was announced HC. Hmmm. It just does not feel right. It can all be coincidence but it seems Tampa's dirty laundry has been airing out lately and this is not what SY is all about. Always kept things at Bay if i recall. Lol no pun intended.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
I think so also which is why I said something is boiling. No exit interview and he declined to play for team Canada the same time Cooper was announced HC. Hmmm. It just does not feel right. It can all be coincidence but it seems Tampa's dirty laundry has been airing out lately and this is not what SY is all about. Always kept things at Bay if i recall. Lol no pun intended.

I don’t think that has anything to do with Cooper being the coach. The most logical reason not to play for Canada is that he doesn’t have a contract for next year. I doubt Walsh wants him to risk an injury during negotiations.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
why would tampa ever do this?

Or Buffalo? Majority of Sabre fans have already stressed enough not trading a high end prospect on an ELC with 7+ years of team control for a soon to be 28 year old often injured dman who never played more then 70 games in a season. Let's see, Vilardi/Makar/Tippett type prospect for 7+ years on ELCs and cheap contracts or a nearing 30 Tanev who misses 15-20 games literally EVERY season.

If Tampa would accept #6 for Drouin then Sabres easily laugh at the Vancouver aspect and just deals directly with Tampa. I'd love Drouin on the Sabres. Him and Eichel would be downright filthy. If Makar is gone or the Sabres aren't as high on him then I'd gladly move #6 for Drouin. If Tampa needs a RHD I'd even add Bogo in though his salary may make that impossible.

I've always been a big Drouin fan. A lot of Sabre fans think Buffalo is totally fine at wing long term with guys like Bailey, Baptiste and Fasching but I'm not buying into that as none of them are surefire top 6 wingers. I'd love to move #6 for Drouin and then Reinhart for Hanifin, then extend Kane for 5-6 years at around $5.7 mil

Starting in 18-19....

Kane-RoR-Okposo
Drouin-Eichel-Nylander

Hanifin-Risto
McCabe-Guhle

That's an excellent core to have going forward. A high end forward group and a solid top 4. Sabres also have an owner willing to spend major $$ so if there is a high end player who hits unrestricted free agency in the next few summers then you can expect the Sabres to be in on them. They got the best UFA to switch teams this past summer, was one of the few teams to negotiate with Stamkos before he re-upped with Tampa and they were also in the running and had made offers for Parise and Suter along with Brad Richards who thank god signed elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad