McKenzie: I wouldn't be shocked if Jonathan Drouin were dealt

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Framework for a potential three way (less valuable pieces and salary can be added if necessary to make it work for all parties).

To Buffalo- Tanev
To TB- buffalo 1st (Makar or Heiskanen)
To Vancouver- Drouin

It would be nice to see more three way trades in the nhl. Can't remember the last significant three way deal.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Framework for a potential three way (less valuable pieces and salary can be added if necessary to make it work for all parties).

To Buffalo- Tanev
To Vancouver- Drouin

It would be nice to see more three way trades in the nhl. Can't remember the last significant three way deal.

why would tampa ever do this?

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
A rebuilding team trades a D over 30 who already has a questionable contract and health concerns going for a potential first line winger?

Seems like a good move to me.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't consider that. But I can't help but feel that their high end forwards aren't the key problem, their putrid defence is more to blame. Who do they have coming who will help fix that? Meloche? Anyone else?

So instead of having anything that even remotely resembles and NHL quality defence; you have Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, Drouin, Jost, and likely another high end forward prospect coming. That's like what an 8 year old playing NHL GM mode would do.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
This deal is the result of Tampa's cap crunch, so they can't really take back salary, unless the team trading for Drouin also had money to take on a short term or long term bad contact from Tampa.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Tampa fans may not like this for one reason or another, but if Yzerman was looking for a top 4 defenseman in return for Drouin, the Kings make a great trade partner. A Muzzin for Drouin trade would meet Yzerman's needs.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Wouldn't Montreal be interested in Johnson+Drouin? They need a C (TJ).

Galchenyuk and Sergachev are probably 2 pieces that would interest Tampa, depending.

I doubt MTL would be interested in two RFA, probably looking for a substancial raise, in return of Galchenyuk, who might have to re-sign for less, and an ELC that is pretty much their only hope to replace an aging Markov.

Last edited by a moderator:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

To Buffalo- Tanev
To Vancouver- Drouin

What's skinny on Drouin?....can he play in the middle?....could see the Canucks being interested, even though they're also thin on left wing....particularly if they fall out of the top-two in the draft and lose out on the top two centres.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Bill Peters (Canes Coach) has brought up Drouin multiple times, unprovoked, in the past year as an example of the type of winger that the Canes need (high-skill playmaker). Wouldn't be surprised if the Canes made a run.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Bill Peters (Canes Coach) has brought up Drouin multiple times, unprovoked, in the past year as an example of the type of winger that the Canes need (high-skill playmaker). Wouldn't be surprised if the Canes made a run.

Man it'd be nice to have a coach that actually wants skill players.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So is this partially because Yzerman is selling high on an asset that caused him grief?

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
What's skinny on Drouin?....can he play in the middle?....could see the Canucks being interested, even though they're also thin on left wing....particularly if they fall out of the top-two in the draft and lose out on the top two centres.
The canucks are thin everywhere ;)

Drouin would be a winger on the canucks. I expect the canucks to take the best available center with the 1st which is why they can afford to deal tanev for a young winger. Canucks defense would be a gong show next year without tanev but next years draft is loaded with promising defenseman so it would all work out fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad