LeBrun: "I think you're talking Johnsson or Kapanen" for a RHD with term

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
More that they traded away Moore (a guy who plays in the top 9 in a pinch) and that there isn't much of a fit out there for Kapanen. The leafs depth up front won't be too great if they trade Kapanen (also if there is an injury)
Come on, you think Moore was the lynch pin for trading Kap for D? No, Dubas addressed 2 needs at once, and i believe the D trade is coming shortly, it's just a bigger/tougher deal to make.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
he doesnt get PP time genius. How many 3rd liners in this league get 20+g/40+pts (Kappy is actally on pace for 47pts this year)

2nd line production
The finnish mafia to the rescue!

How many 3rd liners gets their stats padded with AM and a lot of time with the other offensive stars in the Leafs,

jumped from 9 points in 38 gp on pace for 20 p to 44 p, he isnt more then a 3rd liner who can keep it up decently with the top guys, a poor mans Pageau.

But some finnish posters will make their countrymen semi gods, Laine, Kakko etc!

Reactions: dukeofjive

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Come on, you think Moore was the lynch pin for trading Kap for D? No, Dubas addressed 2 needs at once, and i believe the D trade is coming shortly, it's just a bigger/tougher deal to make.
Want Zaitsev back???Lol...Seriously getting Demelo with a solid contract in place would be a decent move,being a Sens fan its tough to watch our team being destroyed...

Even though we are supposed to be rivals ,I envy Toronto for actually having an ownership group that will put its money where their mouths are...Wish we could get to that and spark the hate again between our two clubs,maybe we could get some revenge for those playoff beatdowns....

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think the leafs have pushed off a trade for a Dman now with the the Campbell+Clifford trade. Kapanen/Johnsson for a Dman is definitely an offseason move
Why? It is a need to fill. If there is a trade to be made, I think they do it.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Want Zaitsev back???Lol...Seriously getting Demelo with a solid contract in place would be a decent move,being a Sens fan its tough to watch our team being destroyed...

Even though we are supposed to be rivals ,I envy Toronto for actually having an ownership group that will put its money where their mouths are...Wish we could get to that and spark the hate again between our two clubs,maybe we could get some revenge for those playoff beatdowns....
Umm...no, no on the Zaitsev....

Reactions: topshelf15

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think the leafs have pushed off a trade for a Dman now with the the Campbell+Clifford trade. Kapanen/Johnsson for a Dman is definitely an offseason move
Could you please explain how trading for a backup and Clifford in any way affected trading for a D?

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
More that they traded away Moore (a guy who plays in the top 9 in a pinch) and that there isn't much of a fit out there for Kapanen. The leafs depth up front won't be too great if they trade Kapanen (also if there is an injury)

We still have an NHL level forward sitting in the pressbox (plus a 2nd line player who MIGHT be back for the playoffs,but I am not counting on it).

Any injury to a guy like Kapanen means Spezza or Timashov move to the 3rd line and Gauthier moves to the 4th line. Moves that dont break the team. We also have multiple bottom 6 replacement players in the AHL if need be.

Injuries will always hurt your team, but most importantly another injury to a forward hurts significantly less than an injury to defense. That is why we will still move a forward for a dman if the opportunity makes sense.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The finnish mafia to the rescue!

How many 3rd liners gets their stats padded with AM and a lot of time with the other offensive stars in the Leafs,

jumped from 9 points in 38 gp on pace for 20 p to 44 p, he isnt more then a 3rd liner who can keep it up decently with the top guys, a poor mans Pageau.

But some finnish posters will make their countrymen semi gods, Laine, Kakko etc!
You couldn't be more off the mark if you tried. Kapanen works best with a playmaking center and since marner and nylander are above him in the line up he plays with kerfoot. Kappy is a borderline 2nd line player who will become a 2nd line staple in the next year or two with how he has progressed. Leafs don't want to trade kappy but he returns the most between him johnson and kerfoot.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't think GMs are dumb enough to take Kapanen or Johnsson as a centerpiece in return for a quality Dman. Would be a terrible idea in this NHL. Don't see that happening at all. Especially given that Toronto doesn't even have the picks available to bridge any gap in value..
Sounds more like Toronto is trying to get someone to bite on a stupid deal like that and is trying to draw some media attention to make it happen...

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Every team has a Kapanen? If by that you mean a 2nd line forward, then sure. But you need about 3 of those, and not every team does. You don't think a Team like Anaheim/Detroit/Buffalo could use a 20(ish) goal 50(ish) point scorer? I'll admit, not every team will need him, or value him super highly. But lots of teams might.

Andrew Shaw got a 2nd and 3rd last season. Marcus Johansson got a 2nd and 4th last season with similar career numbers. Ryan Hartman got a 1st rounder. Kyle Clifford and a backup goalie just got two 3rds plus (one could become a 2nd). Kapanen is worth less than Kyle Clifford?

Clifford: GP-53 G-6 A-8 P-14 TOI-11:42
Kapanen: GP-53 G-10 A-20 P-30 TOI-15:58

I don't think anyone can argue that Kapanen is worth less than a 2nd+3rd. I'd argue it's more than that.

Jake Muzzin went for a 1st and a prospect last season. Brnadon Montour went for a 1st and a prospect. Adam fox went for a 2nd and 3rd (hes fourth on the Rangers in time on ice this season).PK Subban went for two 2nds (struggling and overpaid, but the ceiling was a #1D).

It's not an exact science. But it is possible that the right deal comes along. Kapanen plus a little extra could land a top 4 D man.

Anaheim needs a lot more than one 20ish goal and 50ish point scorer. Anaheim needs a couple 30+ goal scorers to turn this ship around. Having Kapanen on this team doesn’t change this franchise around much.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Anaheim needs a lot more than one 20ish goal and 50ish point scorer. Anaheim needs a couple 30+ goal scorers to turn this ship around. Having Kapanen on this team doesn’t change this franchise around much.

Kap is the Leafs 6th,7th option on offense...

if he is moved to a team that can give him top 6 mins and pp time, he could be a 30 goal scorer.
wont happen on the Leafs though being behind Marner/Nylander

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Kap is the Leafs 6th,7th option on offense...

if he is moved to a team that can give him top 6 mins and pp time, he could be a 30 goal scorer.
wont happen on the Leafs though being behind Marner/Nylander

You’re assuming that. This entire team doesn’t have a 30 goal scorer this season. And we have Rakell and Silfverberg. Assuming he’s going to post 30 is a bit ridiculous

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So the Adam Larsson treatment, polishing a turd to justify asking for an overpay.

It's working well for Georgiev.
Every rumor we've seen relating to Minnesota's defensemen this year has gone in precisely one direction. No one's polishing anything.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
It's working well for Georgiev.
yes I'm sure Rangers and Georgiev lost so much sleep last night because the prestigious leafs acquired elite Jack Campbell instead of him. oh what will the rangers and oilers ever do holding onto their players

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
You couldn't be more off the mark if you tried. Kapanen works best with a playmaking center and since marner and nylander are above him in the line up he plays with kerfoot. Kappy is a borderline 2nd line player who will become a 2nd line staple in the next year or two with how he has progressed. Leafs don't want to trade kappy but he returns the most between him johnson and kerfoot.

Huuh, you shouldnt post without having a clue, Kerfoot plays Lw with Tavares and Nylander and has done that for a while now, Kapanen is with johnsson and Engvall as the C!

Kapanen has been up and down in the line up this season, here is his most used linemates,

Because Kassian can play with McDavid and is on the way for a 45-50 season doesnt make him a top 6 player, still a bottom guy but with some attribute who connects with McD.

Kapanen isnt a top 6 guy, but can keep up with them as a supporting guy , using his speed as in pk!

Cotton

May 13, 2013
yes I'm sure Rangers and Georgiev lost so much sleep last night because the prestigious leafs acquired elite Jack Campbell instead of him. oh what will the rangers and oilers ever do holding onto their players

Nothing, they will do nothing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You’d think Leafs fans would know better than anyone to cast stones at a player having a down year after two good seasons, especially given there’s a reason for it.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You’d think Leafs fans would know better than anyone to cast stones at a player having a down year after two good seasons, especially given there’s a reason for it.

Because Nylander was spared being trashed? Lmao

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Because Nylander was spared being trashed? Lmao

I didn’t say he was. But Leafs fans threw a fit about it all season. One would think they would say, “hey, we’ve been there before, we’re going to be better because we know how these things can happen.” But alas, here we are.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I didn’t say he was. But Leafs fans threw a fit about it all season. One would think they would say, “hey, we’ve been there before, we’re going to be better because we know how these things can happen.” But alas, here we are.

We defended him, sorta like Wild fans are with Dumba, except Dumba is barely getting trashed nor called a cap dump.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad