LeBrun: "I think you're talking Johnsson or Kapanen" for a RHD with term

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
RIP to all those fans who thought they would get Kapanen for DeSmith or Georgiev
TSN Radio just now. Lebrun says teams love Kappy and he would fetch Dumba straight up if the Leafs wanted to.

Don't you think that if Dubas (mod) could have gotten Dumba straight up for Kappy it would have been done by now?
Lebrun is making a fool of himself by making such a ridiculous claim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
RIP to all those fans who thought they would get Kapanen for DeSmith or Georgiev

Could you possibly have misinterpreted posters from those who said that they wouldn't give up those goalies for less than Kapanen?

Because those are two different things.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Off the top of my head...Connor Murphy in Chicago. Scott Mayfield in NYI. Travis Hamonic in Calgary. Anthony DeAngelo in NYR. Different situations, different values, different trades.
Mayfield is interesting..

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
TSN Radio just now. Lebrun says teams love Kappy and he would fetch Dumba straight up if the Leafs wanted to.

Don't you think that if Dumbass could have gotten Dumba straight up for Kappy it would have been done by now?
No, the deal wouldn't be done by now. A 1 for 1 can't be done, even if both teams are willing.

SharksFan445

Jan 27, 2020
With term you say? Sounds like they would love Burns or Karlsson. They have lots of term. Don't worry about the cap, we can make it work.

Reactions: hullsy47

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Lol, really, leafs fans are so funny, so leafs got the best PP ever lol, So leafs had the best ever C depth in nhl history nope, mathews on the same level as mcdavid, leafs winning multiple cups with this team.

So what where you saying about missing horribly, just an fyi leafs fan should not atatck anybody else team, you know havent won anything in forver, not passed the 1st round in forever.

What?

Is the world just binary opposites to you?

Currently we have a top tier PP unit and two elite Cs down the middle. What part of that is false. I challenge you to find a single post where a fan claimed the Leafs had the best C depth in history.

We are what we are, a super offensively gifted and deep team trying to find some defensive balance.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
What?

Is the world just binary opposites to you?

Currently we have a top tier PP unit and two elite Cs down the middle. What part of that is false. I challenge you to find a single post where a fan claimed the Leafs had the best C depth in history.

We are what we are, a super offensively gifted and deep team trying to find some defensive balance.

You missed the whole point bud, my post was making fun of the op, and kami whos a leafs fan who loves to start weird threads, like best C depth in the nhl ever, or best PP ever, has nothing to do with how insecure you are about how people perceive the leafs team. Hope you get it now.

Last edited:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Kapanen is on pace to score 46 points over 82 on the highest-scoring team in the league.
Gets to play with Marner/Tavares/Matthews/Nylander.

Canucks comparables to Kapanen would be Virtanen and Gaudette. I don't see how those guys land a top 4 RHD under 26 with term. There would have to be an add.

Those would be excellent comparables if they were actually comparable. Except both score at about half the rate of Kapanen at the same age and are probably in a lower skill bracket as well.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Karlsson is a measly 29, and Burns will be 35, 2 years younger than mr. marleau when you guys signed him. That sounds age appropriate to me
If you want to use Marleau as a template, you should call the Islanders about those guys, Lou works there now.

And no chance the Leafs would consider the contracts of either guy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Those would be excellent comparables if they were actually comparable. Except both score at about half the rate of Kapanen at the same age and are probably in a lower skill bracket as well.

TIL 31 in 54 and 23 in 44 are half the pace of 29 in 52

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Don't you think that if Dumbass could have gotten Dumba straight up for Kappy it would have been done by now?
Dumbass doesn't have Kappy to trade. Dumbass is the Habs GM.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Wow revelation! It takes a good player to land a good player... And Kapanen and Johnsson are the only 2 worthwhile on the team that can acquire any RHD with term especially with no 1st round pick available.

Reactions: qqaz

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If only a half season made a career

One player has 90 points in 264 games the only has 83 points in 185 games.

So you only want to look at it in the way that makes your guy look favorable?

Reactions: Pia8988

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
So you only want to look at it in the way that makes your guy look favorable?
I am looking at the full five year career of two similar aged players and you are looking at the most recent ~50 games, and you are trying to infer that I am cherry picking stats?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I am looking at the full five year career of two similar aged players and you are looking at the most recent ~50 games, and you are trying to infer that I am cherry picking stats?

These are young, developing players who have come into the league at different times. Do you really think comparing their careers 3+ years ago is more valid than looking at this season to determine their value right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad