Post-Game Talk: I really wanted to beat these arseholes. But we lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
how much embarrassment can one owner accept before he does the right thing
The only solution to this shitstorm is for our ticket sales to become arizona 2.0, or early 2000s panthers. We have a cheap owner, there is no way he will fire Green. Not gonna happen, this is another wasted year, we will have a new GM by the summer, just because GMJB won't be resign. An owner that wants to win would a) fire GMJM - pray someone good with NHL experience would wanna take over, so we can trade of valuable assets by the deadline and start the inevitable rebuild this team clearly needs. How the f*** did GMJB get this f***ing far that he was allowed to trade for OEL, Dickinson? f*** me, good luck to us getting an actual proven GM, Aquilini will cheap out on that too.

Reactions: mossey3535

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Did you see the mid to late 80's team? That's where we are now. Except we have some good players who aren't playing well.
That team was burdened by a league where there was no cap & we had well intentioned owners but still owners who couldn't spend money on the same level as a number of teams. That puts you at a distinct disadvantage.

And we had Pat Quinn come in as GM/superboss less than six years removed from a 1982 Stanley Cup finals appearance.

We've currently got 7 years (and counting) of the DimJim regime.

Steamer

Jul 12, 2009
In the nosebleeds
That team was burdened by a league where there was no cap & we had well intentioned owners but still owners who couldn't spend money on the same level as a number of teams. That puts you at a distinct disadvantage.

And we had Pat Quinn come in as GM/superboss less than six years removed from a 1982 Stanley Cup finals appearance.

We've currently got 7 years (and counting) of the DimJim regime.
Yes that is true, but I was also referring to the quality of management and coaching being at about that point it is now. Tom Watt! oh boy and Jack Gordon. LOL Bill Laforge! I love the guys from '82 but it was a fluke. By the late 80's Steamer was beginning to have injuries and Thomas Gradin had grown frustrated. Before Quinn was like BCE with this team.That was when Pat began to really try and assemble a team. It's true that there was no cap, and maybe that makes the ineptitude worse under so many of the early GM's. LOL Seriously the house has to be cleaned. But I feel tonight like I did before they drafted Linden. What I saw tonight was pathetic. It wasn't like the Chicago shots were very good. Bring in the new people and let them decide.

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
The issue is Aqua can’t fire Benning because he is just a puppet. The real question should be how can we change ownership? And the answer is, you can’t. This organization and team is a black hole.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yes that is true, but I was also referring to the quality of management and coaching being at about that point it is now. Tom Watt! oh boy and Jack Gordon. LOL Bill Laforge! I love the guys from '82 but it was a fluke. By the late 80's Steamer was beginning to have injuries and Thomas Gradin had grown frustrated. Before Quinn was like BCE with this team.That was when Pat began to really try and assemble a team. It's true that there was no cap, and maybe that makes the ineptitude worse under so many of the early GM's. LOL Seriously the house has to be cleaned. But I feel tonight like I did before they drafted Linden. What I saw tonight was pathetic. It wasn't like the Chicago shots were very good. Bring in the new people and let them decide.
I think Jake Milford passing away that early really hurt the franchise as well. Wasn't perfect (who is though?) but was the GM that got great line (Fraser & Smyl via the draft & Gradin via a trade). Left a big void for the Canucks that wasn't filled until Quinn came aboard.

My memory is a little hazy but I think he became GM not long after another decent GM of the Canucks (Phil Mahoney). I can't remember the circumstances regarding why Phil was replaced as he was the GM of the Canucks when they first had a .500 season (back when a .500 meant something). Think the WHA started up around this time, poaching players from the NHL (removing what little depth they might have had).

Last edited:

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
This is refreshing. A tank thread where everyone wants them to lose, but end goal is not for a high pick, but to get the pathetic management fired.

Reactions: Indiana

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I've never seen a Canucks team underachieve so much before. It's just insane.

Did you see the mid to late 80's team? That's where we are now. Except we have some good players who aren't playing well.

we are currently at exactly the same win% as the dogshit 1998 team that had bure, mogilny, messier coming off a year where he was 7th in points/game, 24 year old naslund, still good lumme, rookie/robbed of the calder ohlund, linden for half the year, and both irbe and sean burke in net (three years later, they were a cinderella cup finalist and a vezina finalist, respectively).

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Why are this players untouchable? I don't really see any reason to have the "untouchable players" mindset, everybody should be on the trade block tbh.
Well.

Everyone except for Petey.

swedish-hockey-league-stats.png

Reactions: Mofletz

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
This is a bad, boring team. No identity. No excitement, and no structure. Benning’s masterpiece!
Boom.
Benning doesn't see the future, or barely the present. He looks to the past.
It's unfortunate that he has become Aquaboy's silly toy. Not a smart man.

He doesn't realize how other GM's take advantage of him - always getting an extra pick, and he doesn't get how agent's do the same, and he doesn't get...well...almost everything.

It's quite obvious, who is pulling the strings.

It's time we pull back the curtain.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Boom.
Benning doesn't see the future, or barely the present. He looks to the past.
It's unfortunate that he has become Aquaboy's silly toy. Not a smart man.

He doesn't realize how other GM's take advantage of him - always getting an extra pick, and he doesn't get how agent's do the same, and he doesn't get...well...almost everything.

It's quite obvious, who is pulling the strings.

It's time we pull back the curtain.
I think he does... and I don't think he cares because his boss is an asshole.

Assholes don't inspire loyalty, they inspire ass-kissing from idiots and yes-men.

Dark days.

Reactions: Ozone

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Assholes don't inspire loyalty, they inspire ass-kissing from idiots and yes-men.

Dark days.
Interesting.... maybe yes.

I think Benning was just, barely, smart enough to realize who wanted to be in full control and in charge.

Bye Linden. Fall Guy.

As to the A hole stuff... no.

Just knowing who to blame, and who's ass to lick.. and that's Benning
Taint Master
Edit: you have a great point!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Dark days.
It's deeper than just 'an asshole'

He know's his place..

Untouchable, as long as Fredo the Aquaboy is in charge.

We are all calling you out: Aqua Family

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
My post in the GDT before the game was over

““I liked our game tonight. I think we hit 4-5 posts. If we play like that most nights we are going to win a lot of games”
TG in 30 minutes.”

Actual TG after the game
“We probably win that game 8 or 9 times out of 10”

When a f***ing idiot like me can predict your answers 30 minutes before you say them…. You gotta go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad