Post-Game Talk: I really wanted to beat these arseholes. But we lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I have no confidence that they will make a coaching or GM change even IF we keep losing, so I even though I want Green fired, I'm still cheering for wins just for the entertainment. If they fire someone they will wait far too long to do so.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
By the way, I have no problem thowing Benning under the bus....

Just as he did to the one that hired him: Trevor Linden.

"He licks more bum than....?' you fill in the blanks

Last edited:

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
My post in the GDT before the game was over

““I liked our game tonight. I think we hit 4-5 posts. If we play like that most nights we are going to win a lot of games”
TG in 30 minutes.”

Actual TG after the game
“We probably win that game 8 or 9 times out of 10”

When a f***ing idiot like me can predict your answers 30 minutes before you say them…. You gotta go.
Haha! You dick! I can say that, because it makes you smile. lol

You rock, you negative, taint licker. ;)

We have chatted Mr. C. all good sir.

Last edited:

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Feels like Hughes really wants BB and EP to score.. keeps feeding them shots when he should probably just rip it himself. Especially with his much improved ability to get it on net.

Then makes 80 cute passes outside that every pk in league wait for Hughes needs to shoot his D isnt near good he better get his pp qb shit working or give back some money cause at this point hes pulling more than he earns

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
My post in the GDT before the game was over

““I liked our game tonight. I think we hit 4-5 posts. If we play like that most nights we are going to win a lot of games”
TG in 30 minutes.”

Actual TG after the game
“We probably win that game 8 or 9 times out of 10”

When a f***ing idiot like me can predict your answers 30 minutes before you say them…. You gotta go.
edit

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

Nov 1, 2011
Sounds kinda crazy, but I'd pretty much trade anyone on our roster not named Hughes, Demko, Podkolzin, Hoglander. Aswell as our draft picks. I'm done with waiting, become Vegas and make the changes necessary. Start off with upper management, fire Benning and Green. Then collect more picks and futures for one or two of our stagnant stars. I'm getting desperate here, I'm turning 40 this year, and still feel like I won't see the Canucks win the cup in my lifetime. I'm ready for a change, trade Boeser or Miller for a Linden/Bertuzzi trade package.

Stick a fork in them, this team is done.

Bedard is our only near term hope (now that Eichel is gone).

Other than that unlikely chance, we're looking at a 10 year timeline.

Reactions: Indiana

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Horvat- So disappointed in our captain. Doesn't hit, fight, score, set up plays, muck it up, defend teammates, isn't great defensively. Literally all he does is takes a lot of faceoffs

Petey - He's getting there I think...I mean he's not falling down bambi style when a gust of air goes near him . He actually got off about 3 strong one-timers in the game. Still just weak af and is basically stuck on the perimeter. hopefully he keeps improving showing he can be elite or else we truly are ****ed

Boeser - Super soft. Super slow. Ideally a second liner. He's pushed into a role where he has to play against top defenders who match his speed easily and then some. Snakebitten though with another post in this one. If he wasn't going to score 30+ for us we were doomed, I think he is on pace for 16

OEL - Apparently the x, y, z, g, /x60 nerd stats say he's a top defender in the league... Yeah okay. Goals and assists win games and he's got small amounts of those. On pace for about 18 points. He's a very good player but he doesn't bring a presence which is what you need for 7+ mil per year. You can blame the forwards lack of production for his but again for 7+ mil he should help create that himself but just doesn't

Miller - I can see this guy checking out any time now, he's a loose cannon and just doesn't seem like much of a fit here. All his points are produced basically just from him doing some solo work or him and Hughes doing some duo work. He has no chemistry with anyone outside a few good shifts with Petey and Brock. Horrible idea bringing this guy in. I feel like his attitude and style destroyed a lot of team chemistry. I do like his fire and he is a beast, it's too bad the team sucks and we have nobody to tame him.

Hughes - Doing just fine. We'll need him to jump up in the rush more, act like a 4th forward because our 3 forwards aren't cutting it, similar to what Chabot does in Ottawa although I realize not every player can put in that kind of effort and skate all those miles. Give him the Green light, tell him to do whatever he wants out there

This team lacks leadership, good coaching, size and grit

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Team under pressure after a horrendous road trip does nothing to make those at the heart of the issue accountable.

The team comes into the home stand needing to play at 0.628 point pace for the rest of the season to reach 95 points. They end it needing to play at a 0.642 pace.

A lot of moral victories but zero results. This roster is not capable of winning. It’s barely capable of hanging with the other bad teams in the league.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
How is it that Travis F ing Green can be “happy” with a loss ?

if you LOSE a game to a bottom dwelling team that is playing back to back on the road how can any nhl coach be happy with the effort?

and “win 9 games out of ten” more like you just lost 9 games out of 10 Green.

i know … reality sucks Green

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
The folks who can watch games like that and act like it was a good performance worthy of a win need to stop trying so hard to minimize what makes them a bad team and maximize why they “should’ve won”.

The hawks are the worst team I’ve seen this season, coming off chasing the best player in the league around the night before to play like that against them imo is worse than the 7-1 against the Avs last week.

None of the folks who praised the performance said anything about the 3rd period either. What an embarrassment.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Does anyone remember the game that got Bob McCammon fired? Bob was up against it, and the team came out and peppered the New York Rangers with 55 shots. In the end the final score was 3-3. General Manager Pat Quinn (likely realizing that the team was playing for Bob that night) still pulled the plug and instead himself as head coach. That lead to the legendary run to the 1994 finals. No doubt Edmonton, Montreal, Tampa, and Boston hold reunions for those groups that lost in the finals. What you think of these 32 shots with no goals?
62 shots, actually! I was listening on the radio -- remember it well.

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just another routine loss.....but that's what bad hockey teams do. They find different ways to lose. Sometimes they just outright stink, like they did on their recent road-trip.

In other games they're decent five on five, but special teams let them down. On other nights, they run into a hot goalie. On other nights they get up 2-0 in the first period; or go ahead 2-1 in the third but can't close it out.

The only thing left after every game is for the coach to offer up the same platitudes on the post-game show. "We played well enough to win (lose)."

Bottom line, the Canucks are so far out of it in the Pacific Division, they'd have to play at a .650 clip just to get back in the conversation. Ain't happenin'....they're done.

Only question now....what's next?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Most teams need two or three back to back rebuilds, luckily we had three Calder candidates three years in a row that hopefully will make it so we dont need a 4th rebuild. Thats just elite GMing

b3ni27ty1o511.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad