OT: I don't think I'll ever get over what happened in 2011 (2011 nostalgia general)

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Unfortunately he followed it up with two of his worst.

It wasn't a lose lose situation for Daniel. The score was out of hand. Him standing there taking it will be an image I won't ever forget. I knew Boston was winning after that. You could feel it.

I agree. I have seen all of the bad Canuck moments over the years and I might have hated that Sedin letting his face be a speed bag moment the most. It wasnt one face shot it was multiple. Totally embarrassing that he stood there passively and embarrassing not a single team mate lifted a finger in response. The game was over, their anemic power play in the final would have not have made a lick if difference. It was almost like raising the white flag and admitting this team wanted no part of a nasty series.

Crosby takes tons of abuse and is a much bigger star than Daniel ever was. You don't see him standing in front of the net taking abuse like that without responding back. You wouldn't see other stars in the playoffs take it either.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
The Bruins board is literally laughing at this thread right now. You guys seriously need to move on - acting like that crazy gf that won't leave her ex alone after 7 years. This fanbase is so ****ing weird.

Didn't a Boston "fan" yell racist comments at a ball game recently? Yes a lot of Boston fans were condemning the use of word while others were saying - ah it's just Boston its not personal etc. But in this PC world that's a heck of a strike against their fanbase.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/03/adam-jones-racism-incident-boston-red-sox-mlb

Sure, in all actuality one guy saying one racist thing isn't a reason to hold against an entire fanbase but when you look at how classless they seem to be on a continual basis- year after year, its like no worries.

If trolling our boards and laughing at posts distracts them from their first round playoff exit - great. They can't be happy with their season so go make fun of a team you beat 6 years ago. That's like making fun of a really sad ex 6 years later. Kind of shows you haven't moved on either.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Not getting over 2011 was the mindset behind drafting Jake Virtanen over Ehlers/Nylander, paying to acquire Prust/Dorsett/Sutter/Sbisa/Gudbranson, and the current regime's fixation on size, toughness and scrums and 'character'.

I'm over 2011, let's move on to the next core. Skill and Speed. I'd personally not raise any of those President's trophies banners again until after we win a cup.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

Another angle of the embarrassing Marchand Sedin incident

Ugh, that makes me sick. No clue why I even watched it.

We had everything that year. We had the perfect hockey team. Just not the killer instinct. I'm way over it though. On to the future.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Oh boo boo... this one incident happened and I'm so insecure in my own masculinity that I've let it color my entire 2011 Canuck playoff experience and dismiss everything the players DID accomplish.

cry.gif

Marchand incident hit too close to home for some? Posters getting triggered? Anyone need a testosterone shot and Don Cherry's Rock em Sock em tape to feel more manly again?

I find it kind of ironic that the manly crowd are slagging the "non-manly" crowd for not getting over 2011 but are very obviously themselves not over 2011 considering how much *****ing and moaning there is about the Dank/Marchand incident.

I don't come across much "real" irony in life so when it happens, I appreciate it. :laugh:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Ugh, that makes me sick. No clue why I even watched it.

We had everything that year. We had the perfect hockey team. Just not the killer instinct. I'm way over it though. On to the future.

I can't even watch it. I knew the series was over. I'll never be able to think of Daniel Sedin the great player without separating that moment.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Oh boo boo... this one incident happened and I'm so insecure in my own masculinity that I've let it color my entire 2011 Canuck playoff experience and dismiss everything the players DID accomplish.

cry.gif

Marchand incident hit too close to home for some? Posters getting triggered? Anyone need a testosterone shot and Don Cherry's Rock em Sock em tape to feel more manly again?

I find it kind of ironic that the manly crowd are slagging the "non-manly" crowd for not getting over 2011 but are very obviously themselves not over 2011 considering how much *****ing and moaning there is about the Dank/Marchand incident.

I don't come across much "real" irony in life so when it happens, I appreciate it. :laugh:

"Boo Hoo" is for the fans still making excuses for the Canucks 6 years later.

That one incident was pathetic for several reasons but that series left a bad memory for much more than that. The Bruins imposed their physical will on the Canucks all series who offered little or no pushback. Canucks response was to bite someone. Embarrassing.

The Canucks were pummeled in all 4 losses by a combined score of 21 to 3 including a no show on home ice in game 7 where they barely had scoring chances let alone couldn't even score a single goal. They were done and wanted no part of the Bruins by the final game.

You have a very simplistic and inaccurate view of that Final if you think it is all about Daniel Sedins passitivity on that incident. That is just an enduring symbol of what transpired in the series for many fans in Vancouver and around the league.

Last edited:

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
I don't get how people can still be so hung up on this:

You personally played no role in 2011 besides cheering the team on. You could literally do nothing to make an impact on the outcome.

Don't take something so hard if you can not have an effect on an outcome. It's pointless. Go live your life.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I don't get how people can still be so hung up on this:

You personally played no role in 2011 besides cheering the team on. You could literally do nothing to make an impact on the outcome.

Don't take something so hard if you can not have an effect on an outcome. It's pointless. Go live your life.

Perhaps people are loyal to the miss belief that the longer they hold on to the past the more they care. Imo what people that can't move on need to do is grieve the lost opportunity and move on. But holding on doesn't show you care more others did. More just a lack of tools.

That's about as kindly as I can put it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad