Post-Game Talk: I don't have a creative title

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Acceptable tie against a fellow competitive team.

Oh and f*** you Matthews, you overrated Veggietales Grandpa Grape looking motherf***er

Overrated?

People will say "GDT Over reaction"

This team is not that good

I don't care what their point total is

They're not good honestly

Who are the teams that are definitively better?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
YES!!

How is that a serious question?

The Rangers had quite a few good chances but Toronto had way more chances.

Toronto is a good offensive team, but the amount of chances they had was abnormal for any team in any game.

Nobody watching that game in good faith would come up with a different conclusion.

The world wouldn't end if just once you said "well that sucked, stole a point" and moved on instead of trying to convince people they didn't see what they just saw.

According to vallys charts Toronto did not have more chances. Maybe threw more pucks at the net but high danger they did not. We don’t give up many goals even with our goalies being terrible most of the year

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It's probably more like 40/60 tbh. We had a stretch where we were halfway ok.

Since like, I wanna say mid Jan to early Feb, we've probably been the worst team in the league.

Hyperbole much?

Can’t fix it now. Just don’t rent. Ditch Trouba, Goodrow, Mika, and maybe Lindgren in the offseason. Go get a 1C and a 1D.

How does any team get a 1C and a 1D?

Reactions: FUZfan

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That chart had us losing to the devils.

Anyone here think we were outplayed in that devils game? Anyone? I don’t think so. We dominated that game. That deserved to win meter is trash

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Re the 1st line I'd be more interested in a breakdown which line was matched up against Trana's top6 and how they fared.

All in all, with how talented their scoring is, we did a good job holding them off.

That chart had us losing to the devils.
Probably bc they had a ton of PP time.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
But they clearly aren’t capable of that this year. Just pack it in and wake up for the draft. Why Be miserable 82 nights a year?
because sports are a never ending cacaphony of misery idfk what to tell you. we love the team and want them to win. the way they're playing is a guaranteed 1st round exit and the positivity securitate here are going to flip shit when that happens calling the team entitled losers when in reality they're just not good. literally happened word for word last year.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Can’t fix it now. Just don’t rent. Ditch Trouba, Goodrow, Mika, and maybe Lindgren in the offseason. Go get a 1C and a 1D.
We could always use another but we certainly have one of these already?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Overrated?
He's one of the best goalscorers of all time, and a pretty good center overall. His defensive game is underrated.

That said, he's not in the same tier as McDavid and MacKinnon when it comes to top forwards, yet a lot of people put him in that category.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Without respect, my question is why is Zibanejad still a f***ing thing?

I know, I know. NMC.

I wouldn't have given it to him. I would have fired him into the sun and got Jack Eichel.

"Well maybe we don't get Jack Eichel."

I would have put Chytil at 1C and eaten my loss.

He sucks. The analytics warned us for eons that he sucks. I'm sorry, but eventually they're always right.

Eventually, every player sucks.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He's one of the best goalscorers of all time, and a pretty good center overall. His defensive game is underrated.

That said, he's not in the same tier as McDavid and MacKinnon when it comes to top forwards, yet a lot of people put him in that category.
Matthews already in talks about challenging all-time Gretzky / Ovechkin goal scoring record based on his career scoring pace. There’s nothing overated about this. Probably best to move this discussion to around NHL.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Meh game for me.

Thought the rangers started poorly and gave up way too many grade A chances in the first 10 minutes. If not for terrible puck luck for the Leafs we could have been down 3-0 at that point. The Laf snipe changed the momentum and we were ok for the rest of the period. Got caved in the 2nd with the long change. Coming back late in the third on the road is always satisfying.

I get the Goodrow hate but too many times last night when he played the puck in his own end he was an island out there. Rempe and Ed need to support the play better and they need to work as a unit to move the puck up the ice. I've been happy with the 2 kids since they came up and think they bring some good things to the line up, but I also think Goodrow is taking too much heat for last nights game.

I also thought that Igor should have been a little more aggressive in the shootout.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Saying he's not McDavid or MacKinnon and calling him overrated is pure nonsense. You can say the same for lots of players using that as a parameter.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
because sports are a never ending cacaphony of misery idfk what to tell you. we love the team and want them to win. the way they're playing is a guaranteed 1st round exit and the positivity securitae here are going to flip shit when that happens calling the team entitled losers when in reality they're just not good. literally happened word for word last year
Valiquette had the game almost at a dead heat last night. Are we not using his stats anymore?

Reactions: kovazub94

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Matthews already in talks about challenging all-time Gretzky / Ovechkin goal scoring record based on his career scoring pace. There’s nothing overated about this. Probably best to move this discussion to around NHL.
I'm hesitant to put him over Ovie just yet, because Ovie did a lot his damage in a low-scoring era. Scoring is up these days.

That said, if he puts up 70 goals, it's insane no matter how you try to spin it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Keep in mind we’ve played essentially all season without our penciled 2C and an actual RW1

So Mika and Kreider having a tough time at 5 on 5 with the likes of the corpse of Blake wheeler, and an out of shape kaapo Kakko should be taken into consideration.

This team hasn’t been complete all year and all they’ve done is get to the deadline as the best team in the league.

Watch other teams and that’s how you know how good they are not by watching just them and their flaws.

I am confident drury will plug those holes with real players.

What I’m concerned about is he doesn’t see the bigger issue and that’s a top LD as we’ve said

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You aren’t fixing Trouba. He’s been terrible for years. Mika may have his ebbs and flows but the reality is his best days are almost assuredly behind him and they benefit from moving him.

I like Lindgren but he may be broken already. He is having an outlier bad year on D but it’s real bad.
I hate to break it to you guys, but Mika isn't leaving.

Show me the last time a guy got moved with what, 7 years left at that hit?

The best bet is that he works through whatever his problem is and returns to form.

When he's on he's a 1C all day. He's had a down year and he isn't that bad statistically, and this team is in 1st place every other day depending on who won or lost last night.

All the vegan/soy attacks are childish and unecessary. This is a player who has been outright fantastic at times. There will be more of those times.

We got spoiled by Lundqvist, who broke into the league as a top 5 goalie and stayed there for basically his whole career until it was time to retire. Rarely does a player stay that consistent.

People here make it out like he's a career disappointment. He's not Ryan Johansen. He's going to find his game.

Keep in mind we’ve played essentially all season without our penciled 2C and an actual RW1

So Mika and Kreider having a tough time at 5 on 5 with the likes of the corpse of Blake wheeler, and an out of shape kaapo Kakko should be taken into consideration.

This team hasn’t been complete all year and all they’ve done is get to the deadline as the best team in the league.

Watch other teams and that’s how you know how good they are not by watching just them and their flaws.

I am confident drury will plug those holes with real players.

What I’m concerned about is he doesn’t see the bigger issue and that’s a top LD as we’ve said
I think this team is in trouble with KAM on the second pair. The kid is softer than elevator music and is not built for playoff hockey mentally at all. If you get caught on your end with him on the ice bad things will definitely happen. He need sheltered minutes and top 4 dmen don't need that.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I hate to break it to you guys, but Mika isn't leaving.

Show me the last time a guy got moved with what, 7 years left at that hit?

The best bet is that he works through whatever his problem is and returns to form.

When he's on he's a 1C all day. He's had a down year and he isn't that bad statistically, and this team is in 1st place every other day depending on who won or lost last night.

All the vegan/soy attacks are childish and unecessary. This is a player who has been outright fantastic at times. There will be more of those times.

We got spoiled by Lundqvist, who broke into the league as a top 5 goalie and stayed there for basically his whole career until it was time to retire. Rarely does a player stay that consistent.

People here make it out like he's a career disappointment. He's not Ryan Johansen. He's going to find his game.
Mika has no problem. He sucks at ES and always has. That's the bigger issue, there's nothing to work through, it's who he is.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I saw two powerhouses trade punches on HNIC in Toronto, and the winner arbitrarily decided by a penalty shot by Max Domi.

Trading deadline next week. Second in the entire NHL. Are they perfect? No, but no team is. Things could be a lot worse. They usually are. It’s been a very fun season so far.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Mika giveth, and Mika takeith away. Problem is, seems so very often he coughs it up, either a bad 5% chance for the pass to connect, or he simply gets outworked or double teamed. Mind you, I'm a huge Mika fan, but he has just been off his game, literally all season and he'll still have decent numbers. Go figure.
If he and Kreids took their heads out of each other's asses and realized they have a 3rd player on their line, give it to him and then move your damned feet and skate to get it back. Jeez.

Reactions: Blasds and Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I actually thought the game was very entertaining and Laff getting points is always a plus.

But of course a majority of the D and the siamese twins are concerning when thinking about the playoffs. Hopefully it gets fixed as best it can be. They have to stop playing with swiss cheese sticks. The zone exits or lack there of were something last night. Happy to come out with a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad