Post-Game Talk: I don't have a creative title

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Vally chart says we out chanced them, even if the Leafs had a higher xGF. Why is everyone so mad? Am I using the wrong chart? I can’t keep track. Do people want wins or do they want to win the analytics battle? Because our PP hasn’t been good since December and Igor has only been good in 2024, so it can’t be said that those elements are carrying us all year.

Mika 5v5 is a real concern that Laviolette needs to address with a lineup chance. Lindgren getting outmuscled by Mitch Chalamet is also a concern. Every team has concerns. But we are a f***ing good team despite the hand wringing and I’m not going to take it for granted personally.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
This is just my opinion and it really doesn't matter and no one should care but here it is.

There's been a lot of griping and moaning about the negativity on this board all year. Some of it is deserved, yes. There are times when we win and complain about petty things. But the undying positivity has gotten to be just as annoying lately.

There are legitimate concerns about the validity of this team. We should be able to post about the concerns of 2 certain defenseman and one certain forward without seeing 10 posts back about "winning, dude" or images of the standings. It's the same people, who at the same time, post the same f'n thing, every f'n game. They're trolling just as much and its bullshit.

And for the record, I love that we're winning. I'm not as vocal as others but I can see this team winning the cup or being a first round exit again. It's a long ass season but we've seen enough of this core, these players, to know that a first round exit because of their flaws is extremely possible.

Long story short. Trouba, Lindgren, Mika f'n suck. And the people that complain about me saying that, you f'n suck too

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Boston
FL
Dallas
Van
Colorado
Vegas
Edm
Toronto - goaltending is very suspect. We didn't test them. Their stars also take weeks off at a time.
Boston - 14 loser points
Florida - Lacks discipline sometimes
Dallas - Lacks scoring for long stretches
Van - PDO merchants
Colorado - Can only win consistently above 5000 feet
Vegas - Actually good
Edmonton - Core still needs the right postseason experience

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Toronto - goaltending is very suspect. We didn't test them. Their stars also take weeks off at a time.
Boston - 14 loser points
Van - PDO merchants
Vegas - Actually good

Incorrect. Only the Rangers have flaws.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Boston - 14 loser points
Van - PDO merchants
Vegas - Actually good
I just don't see us beating those teams in a best of 7, especially with our #1 center being a shell of himself

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Different year, same arguments by both sides. We have good to great regular seasons and we get eliminated, first round last year, a setback in reverse motion compared to the year prior. It always comes down to the ability to adapt and adjust. This team never learns, banging a square peg into a round hole when it becomes a small ice game and puck battles and attacking the slot are crucial. Regular season means little ultimately.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
because sports are a never ending cacaphony of misery idfk what to tell you. we love the team and want them to win. the way they're playing is a guaranteed 1st round exit and the positivity securitate here are going to flip shit when that happens calling the team entitled losers when in reality they're just not good. literally happened word for word last year.

yep. everyone sets themselves up for disappointment and then directs their frustration at the players who just "should've played better".

Vally chart says we out chanced them, even if the Leafs had a higher xGF. Why is everyone so mad? Am I using the wrong chart? I can’t keep track. Do people want wins or do they want to win the analytics battle? Because our PP hasn’t been good since December and Igor has only been good in 2024, so it can’t be said that those elements are carrying us all year.

Mika 5v5 is a real concern that Laviolette needs to address with a lineup chance. Lindgren getting outmuscled by Mitch Chalamet is also a concern. Every team has concerns. But we are a f***ing good team despite the hand wringing and I’m not going to take it for granted personally.

all you had to do was watch the f***ing game to know we played like shit. again there is no reason to look at the analytics for this game, it was absolutely horrendous to watch.

and yes, we want to win the analytics battle because good analytics is what predicates sustained success. a bad analytical team has basically no chance of winning 4 playoff series.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This is just my opinion and it really doesn't matter and no one should care but here it is.

There's been a lot of griping and moaning about the negativity on this board all year. Some of it is deserved, yes. There are times when we win and complain about petty things. But the undying positivity has gotten to be just as annoying lately.

There are legitimate concerns about the validity of this team. We should be able to post about the concerns of 2 certain defenseman and one certain forward without seeing 10 posts back about "winning, dude" or images of the standings. It's the same people, who at the same time, post the same f'n thing, every f'n game. They're trolling just as much and its bullshit.

And for the record, I love that we're winning. I'm not as vocal as others but I can see this team winning the cup or being a first round exit again. It's a long ass season but we've seen enough of this core, these players, to know that a first round exit because of their flaws is extremely possible.

Long story short. Trouba, Lindgren, Mika f'n suck. And the people that complain about me saying that, you f'n suck too
Keyboard gangster. People will think twice about taking liberties on this message board with a sheriff like you in town.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
yep. everyone sets themselves up for disappointment and then directs their frustration at the players who just "should've played better".

all you had to do was watch the f***ing game to know we played like shit. again there is no reason to look at the analytics for this game, it was absolutely horrendous to watch.

and yes, we want to win the analytics battle because good analytics is what predicates sustained success. a bad analytical team has basically no chance of winning 4 playoff series.
The analytics just deflects the eye test. We had plenty of chances because Toronto is just as porous as us. They're top heavy like us. We traded chances.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
The analytics just deflects the eye test. We had plenty of chances because Toronto is just as porous as us. They're top heavy like us. We traded chances.

no it doesn't. the analytics say exactly what i saw with my eyes, which is that Toronto had triple the amount of high danger scoring chances as we did at 5v5.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
no it doesn't. the analytics say exactly what i saw with my eyes, which is that Toronto had triple the amount of high danger scoring chances as we did at 5v5.
If you're trying to tell me that we're flawed, I already know. The apologists will always defer to the final score and the standings. Notice that no one defends Zibanejad anymore. My point was merely that Toronto is on our level among the top teams, in my view. Monday against Florida is how we should line ourselves up for the postseason.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
If you're trying to tell me that we're flawed, I already know. The apologists will always defer to the final score and the standings. Notice that no one defends Zibanejad anymore. My point was merely that Toronto is on our level among the top teams, in my view. Monday against Florida is how we should line ourselves up for the postseason.
Yup. Toronto going to out chance us and a lot of teams but will just get scored on regardless. Rangers were never out of it because Toronto cant defend for shit and had to rely on Domllya Samsek.

If the Rangers are to lose against Florida, I want it to be because Florida played a good game rather than the puck failing to get chipped out for the millionth time by Lindgren or Trouba.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Keyboard gangster. People will think twice about taking liberties on this message board with a sheriff like you in town.
I don't know you but if I did, I would tell you, you f'n suck to your face. F outta here with that shit

Typical response from that crowd. Add absolutely nothing to this board

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't know you but if I did, I would tell you, you f'n suck to your face. F outta here with that shit

Typical response from that crowd. Add absolutely nothing to this board
You suck too. See how easy this is? Truth is, All those guys on NHL teams are players and we aren't. So if you told them they sucked, they would say if they woke up one morning and had to be either one of us instead of themselves they would throw a rope around their neck. You hate Mika. I hate Miller. Neither one gives a shit what we think, and neither one of us gives a shit what the other thinks either. So F off and enjoy your Sunday you grouchy MFer and I will do the same.

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Yeah, some of these reations on this board....

If it's a forgone conclusion, why are we wasting time watching the game? None of that unpredictability bullshit: that's just a copout if somehow things do align for them.

Don't get me wrong, there definitely are areas where we need improvement, players who I have given up on. Let's see who we can get on the 8th!...and maybe we don't do shit, then...f***....

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Yeah, some of these reations on this board....

If it's a forgone conclusion, why are we wasting time watching the game? None of that unpredictability bullshit: that's just a copout if somehow things do align for them.

Don't get me wrong, there definitely are areas where we need improvement, players who I have given up on. Let's see who we can get on the 8th!...and maybe we don't do shit, then...f***....
Thing is, and I would hope I speak for a few others who are critical, is that once the playoffs start then I just want wins no matter how ugly or lucky. It's the want for them to go into the playoffs with the best possible players, mindset, game plan, etc. once in, anything goes.

I'd rather them be in the middle of the pack but playing a playoff game now then paper presidents.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I thought Rempe v. Drake was good but he definitely had him overpowered... Drake is more experienced a boxer but, had it gone :20+, Rempe's youth, size/strength would have won out.

• Haha
Reactions: FUZfan

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kreider is better without Mika. Problem is we’re down chytil.

Schneider should be getting more time.

I still think we need another top4 LHD. Gus at this point can be the 7th man. Go get Chychrun or Hanifin

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Before the all-star break, the Rangers:

-Had an elite powerplay
-Had an elite penalty kill
-Weren't by any means a terrible 5v5 team, they just weren't great
-Had a top 5 scorer in the league
-Had good overall goaltending (not great) weighing everything including Igor's bad stretch and Quick's good one
They were playing .500 hockey before the all star break and losing to some terrible teams. At least now the goaltending is good and Kakko was looking decent on the third line for a bit.

Reactions: Brutananadilewski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad