Post-Game Talk: I don't have a creative title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Kreider is better without Mika. Problem is we’re down chytil.

Schneider should be getting more time.

I still think we need another top4 LHD. Gus at this point can be the 7th man. Go get Chychrun or Hanifin
I think our front office has a false sense of security with our D. We do need a decent center but that's not easy to trade for, especially at the deadline. I love Mika, I really do, but he is looking done right now.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Toronto
Boston
FL
Dallas
Van
Colorado
Vegas
Edm
Even if this is true (I’m not going to go there because other posters already challenged this) the Rangers would only be able to face one of East’s Boston, FL or Toronto and only one of these Western teams. Whatever the margin you think there’s in your opinion it is objectively impossible to know now that the Rangers won’t have a pretty good chance against them.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Great.

Now tell us why most have worse records than the Rangers.
Because the NYR are built to win points in the reg season & aren't built for the playoffs when the checking is much tighter & the physicality ramps up.

ANY team that takes away our space or pressures us in our own end or on the PP we have severe issues with.

Watch the PPs against Philly

Pathetic

I mean I can answer these questions all day.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Toronto
Boston
FL
Dallas
Van
Colorado
Vegas
Edm

This is absolutely nuts

Boston has lost 14 games in overtime or shootout. They stink

Toronto had gone weeks without regulation wins and their goalie is garbage.

Vancouver and Vegas haven’t beaten anyone lately

Colorado has had problems as has Dallas

Edmonton has been so hot and cold.

Not to mention you named mostly western teams we only have to play one

Florida is the one legit team you named that actually arguably may be better

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Because the NYR are built to win points in the reg season & aren't built for the playoffs when the checking is much tighter & the physicality ramps up.

ANY team that takes away our space or pressures us in our own end or on the PP we have severe issues with.

Watch the PPs against Philly

Pathetic

I mean I can answer these questions all day.

Yes, you can answer them, but not with any accuracy.

It's funny that you believe that you think you know which teams will do well in the playoffs. No one else does, but you've cracked the code.

Two seasons ago the Rangers made it to the Semis, beating teams you thought were better. Teams that people think will go nowhere often win. Teams that those "in the know" say will win the Cup often go out in the first round. The parity in the NHL is like no other sport.

Every season the wise guys tell us that Carolina is built to win in the playoffs. How has that been working out?

Edit:

One more thing. If you were a fan of any of the teams you say are better, you'd be explaining to that fanbase that that team sucks and can't win.

Injuries, goaltending, matchups, and luck all play a huge role in who wins, but you already know who is built for the playoffs and who isn't.

Yeah, sure.

Last edited:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This is absolutely nuts

Boston has lost 14 games in overtime or shootout. They stink

Toronto had gone weeks without regulation wins and their goalie is garbage.

Vancouver and Vegas haven’t beaten anyone lately

Colorado has had problems as has Dallas

Edmonton has been so hot and cold.

Not to mention you named mostly western teams we only have to play one

Florida is the one legit team you named that actually arguably may be better
I maintain a 7 game series vs those Eastern teams would be really tough. The west? Almost impossible. I could've put CAR in there as well.

Honestly, in a 7 game series I have my doubts about many teams in the East.

I'm not going to argue. Im basing this off of team construction. Especially if Z & Trouba are net negatives.

Reactions: DialUp

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
The Rangers are tied for 5th in most playoff games over the past 2 seasons, and tied 7th for wins (21 teams have played at least one playoff game over that span, 20 teams have won at least one playoff game).
COL, FLA, TBL, CAR, EDM, are the only teams above them in both games and wins, Vegas and Dallas are about on par.

We are 'built for playoffs', as much or more than most teams in the league

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Yes, you can answer them, but not with any accuracy.

It's funny that you believe that you think you know which teams will do well in the playoffs. No one else does, but you've cracked the code.

Two seasons ago the Rangers made it to the Semis, beating teams you thought were better. Teams that people think will go nowhere often win. Teams that those "in the know" say will win the Cup often go out in the first round. The parity in the NHL is like no other sport.

Injuries, goaltending, matchups, and luck all play a huge role in who wins, but you already know who is built for the playoffs and who isn't.

Yeah, sure.
"Built" being the operative word.

Of course injuries, goaltending & luck play a part.

You asked my opinion. I gave it to you. You can certainly disagree. I don't feel that this team is built for the playoffs & I certainly wouldn't use 2 years ago to prop them up.

But there's no arguing with the "Just get in. Anything can happen!" take

it's true

Anything can. I feel that it won't.

No biggie

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
When I read Facebook I'm annoyed by the ridiculously positive takes on the Rangers, when I come here it's the world is ending. Are there fans that aren't obnoxious?

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
When I read Facebook I'm annoyed by the ridiculously positive takes on the Rangers, when I come here it's the world is ending. Are there fans that aren't obnoxious?

Reddit

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I maintain a 7 game series vs those Eastern teams would be really tough. The west? Almost impossible.h I could've put CAR in there as well.

Honestly, in a 7 game series I have my doubts about many teams in the East.

I'm not going to argue. Im basing this off of team construction. Especially if Z & Trouba are net negatives.
You tend to be one of the most down on the team posters, but this one is how I feel too. Rangers are roster underdogs against any team aside from Philly and Detroit in the current picture, yes even Tampa in the playoffs. I am not sure the deadline will address their true problems (top 4 defense, lack of production from Mika and Kreider).

Reactions: Riche16

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I was watching some clickbait trade deadline crap on YouTube this morning and the guy was talking about Pacioretty. One of the things he said about him was "... the only Capitol with a NMC besides Ovechkin..."

I was shocked.

WHY DO WE GIVE OUT SO MANY f***ING NMC's???????
Usually it lowers the cap hit. It’s a bargaining chip. Some teams use it more than others i suppose. The rangers - for better or worse - rarely trade players they consider cornerstones. So they consider it a cheap way to save on cap, I guess.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
You tend to be one of the most down on the team posters, but this one is how I feel too. Rangers are roster underdogs against any team aside from Philly and Detroit in the current picture, yes even Tampa in the playoffs. I am not sure the deadline will address their true problems (top 4 defense, lack of production from Mika and Kreider).
Guilty as charged I guess.

I'm 50 & have been a NYR Fan since i was like 8 yrs old

They've disappointed me my whole life (1994 aside & that took a decade or more off of my life lol)

That being said, I try to remain "realistic" about them. Maybe that errs on the side of pessimism...

I just don't see the players on this squad that elevates their games in the playoffs.

That's what is required & i just don't see it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I get your point but I can't help but think if the Caps were the Rangers, Mantha, Oshie, Carlson, Wilson and (possibly) Milano would all have full NMC's
True. But also the cap hits would be lower, possibly enough savings to sign a Trocheck. At least that’s what the rangers FO would argue, I think. I guess it’s just a philosophical difference between organizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad