Confirmed with Link: Hynes to Jersey

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The HC vacancy is going to be a highly sought after job. If Nasreddine is the right guy so be it but I hope they do a proper interview process since the baby Pens coach could be our head coach at the drop of a hat. Maybe a guy like D.J. Smith in Oshawa or Derek Lalonde in the ECHL. Someone up-and-coming with a good all-be-it short resume. Look for the next Jon Cooper.

Last edited:

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
The HC vacancy is going to be a highly sought after job. If Nasreddine is the right guy so be it but I hope they do a proper interview process since the baby Pens coach could be our head coach at the drop of a hat. Maybe a guy like D.J. Smith in Oshawa or Derek Lalonde in the CHL. Someone up-and-coming with a good all-be-it short resume. Look for the next Jon Cooper.
According to Jon Bombulie it is more likely Nasreddine heads with Hynes to NJ.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am sort of dead to all these secondary 'losses' and 'wins' as long as the Pens keep the deadweight killing the team at the top of management. Especially Morehouse and Botterill, but several below like Guerin as well. I kind of feel like losing this guy or making a nice signing are meaningless toward our goal of a cup while we still have Malkin and Crosby as long as those guys continue to have a hand running the team.

So yeah, sad to see him go, but I find it hard to get too up or down over these things while I wait/hope/pray for the real needed changes.

And for those who find my words completely baffling and hard to understand at times, I am only speaking for me with the above. Anyone can get excited or not about this news to their hearts content with my blessing. ;)

31134.jpg

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Why's everyone down on botterill? Was it confirmed he was behind the despres trade or something? I find it suspicious he was lauded throughout the league for his cap savvyness for years and suddenly the team had cap issues when rutherford and guerin got involved.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
If our next coach is another first time NHL coach I may riot
If that causes you to riot, what will you do when MJ gets canned mid-season and Tocchet takes over. :naughty:

Why's everyone down on botterill? Was it confirmed he was behind the despres trade or something? I find it suspicious he was lauded throughout the league for his cap savvyness for years and suddenly the team had cap issues when rutherford and guerin got involved.
I'm not sure either. I blame everyone for this cluster ****. I'm curious why people seem to be singling him out.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com

If he was all for the part of just getting rid of Despres he would become my choice for GM but if he didn't fight against the Lovejoy return, then I would want him gone. It is already an established fact Botterill warned Rutherford and the rest in the clown car about the cap implications at the trading deadline but his warning fell on deaf ears.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
If the position becomes vacant, that is if Nasreddine doesn't leave also and is given he gig outright, every promising young Head Coach should go really hard for the Wilkes-Barre job. Seeing as everyone who has ever coached in Wilkes-Barre even as an assistant, is coaching in the NHL right now, save for that dummy Glenn Patrick*, it's clearly an incredible stepping stone. This could be an interesting search.

*Well, and Al Sims, but he doesn't count. He was only there for like, three months.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, if Nas isn't the HC, i'd prefer an up and comer CHL or USHL or NCAA coach. Or even Nelson. No to Daniels.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013

No problem. I don't usually trust Pittsburgh media but this seems to be consistent with Botterill's reputation and past performance, Rutherford's reputation and past performance, and with persistant rumors from people who know people (for what they are worth). DK and Mackey have also alluded to Botterill's TDL warnings that were ignored on radio.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Any rumor on the comp?

It will be a 3rd round pick in one of the next three drafts. That's per the rule. Which one of the 3rd round picks Devils own in those drafts will it be? Now that's up to the negotiations between the teams.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It will be a 3rd round pick in one of the next three drafts. That's per the rule. Which one of the 3rd round picks Devils own in those drafts will it be? Now that's up to the negotiations between the teams.
not much of a rule if its not mandatory. we should have two 3rds already, to go with this one.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
If all those notes re Botteril being summarily ignore are true, if I was Botteril I'd want out.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
If we're sitting here next summer after Hynes does a great job and Johnston gets fired (or gets an extension for missing the playoffs), then NJ signing him really sucks. Until that happens, who knows what this shuffling will do for any of the teams - the Pens, WBS or NJ.

I agree with many on here that the org needs changing at the managerial level before anything good can happen.

I guess we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad