Confirmed with Link: Hynes gets multi-year extension

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Well, do you think our defensive woes are talent and goaltending? If so, I understand keeping him. At this point, I feel it's more coaching and system.
Talent and goaltending. PP should be better, everybody wanted Ward fired when we had a top 10 unit and now look where they are.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
the coach of one of the leagues best PK's for 2+ years?

He also happens to be the coach of one of the worst defenses in the league too. I'd have no problem letting him run the PK and PP, fire Kowalski and bring in a much better defensive coach. He has not done anything to help develop our young dmen, they have all continued to be bad in our own zone.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lou ran this team into the ground with years of piss poor drafting an signing aging over the hill vets yr after yr to try like hell to keep us relevant so let's not talk about what Lou would of done
Bullshit. We were 3 years removed from a Finals appreance when he left. And he was operating on a shoestring budget under threat of league takeover from 2010 until the team was sold in August 2013.

If you like the blow it up and tank approach good for you... I have no freaking clue how anyone that has been a fan of this team for any amount of time could possibly have that perspective but it's your prerogative.

There was pretty much unobstructed winning from 1987 to 2012 missing the the playoffs 3 times in 25 years with 9 Division titles, 6 Eastern Conference appearances, 5 finals appearances....f*** that noise "run into the ground" that's pure bull shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenedictGomez

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Talent and goaltending. PP should be better, everybody wanted Ward fired when we had a top 10 unit and now look where they are.
I was actually fine with Ward.

To me, having a good PK but horrible D otherwise makes me think the players are up to the task, but there's something wrong with our defensive system.

The eye test tells me that players don't know where to be and what their assignments are. If it were just 1 or 2 players, I would blame them, but it seems to be the whole team. For example, it would be understandable if a vet like Greene regresses physically, but too often I've seen him not know which man to pick up. It makes me think there's some ambiguity in the defensive assignments.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

It’s not entirely talent when you have defensemen recklessly trying to push the play and giving up easy goals, even vets like Vatanen. That’s just lack of teaching/a terrible system

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Bull****. We were 3 years removed from a Finals appreance when he left. And he was operating on a shoestring budget under threat of league takeover from 2010 until the team was sold in August 2013.

If you like the blow it up and tank approach good for you... I have no freaking clue how anyone that has been a fun of this team for any amount of time could possibly have that perspective but it's your prerogative.

There was pretty much unobstructed winning from 1987 to 2012 missing the the playoffs 3 times in 25 years with 9 Division titles, 6 Eastern Conference appearances, 5 finals appearances....**** that noise "run into the ground" that's pure bull ****.

lou did a lot of really great things, but he left us well-f***ed and far from home

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
This is analogous to having a shitty job in a recession.

Sure you're glad to have a job, but what else is out there right now.

This is a lost season right now. Whoever said next season is pivitol for both Hynes and Shero is right on the nose.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lou did a lot of really great things, but he left us well-****ed and far from home

He may have but this is Shero and Hynes’ mess now. Can’t play the but Lou card forever. 2-3 years maybe but at a certain point the new regime has to own this.

Reactions: Bleedred

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm fine with this. I've been a bit more critical of Hynes this year than years past, but I'm cool with the extension. His players like him a lot, and that's an incredibly important factor in building a healthy team culture.

My reservations are that this will translate to extensions for the rest of the staff, which shouldn't happen.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I was actually fine with Ward.

To me, having a good PK but horrible D otherwise makes me think the players are up to the task, but there's something wrong with our defensive system.
Nope, aggressive forward pressure is why this PK is so good. There are not many teams that play like that. Greene and Lovejoy play their roles well clearing the puck but it's the forwards that stir the drink.

Reactions: LoktionovMVP

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He may have but this is Shero and Hynes’ mess now. Can’t play the but Lou card forever. 2-3 years maybe but at a certain point the new regime has to own this.

I mean Shero has had to clean up the mess and restock the cupboard. That's what he's doing and has done. The Lou card is null and void at this point though. Get a high pick this year and next year is absolutely pivotal for both Hynes and Shero.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
25 amazing years and a handful of rough ones?

I can only say you ungrateful bastards.

ehh i don’t want to go down this road again lol. i saw 3 cups before i went to college, i’m forever grateful for that. almost every move he made was for the short term betterment, and we saw short term results. the way he left us though, especially through drafting/UFA signings, was piss poor

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Bull****. We were 3 years removed from a Finals appreance when he left. And he was operating on a shoestring budget under threat of league takeover from 2010 until the team was sold in August 2013.

If you like the blow it up and tank approach good for you... I have no freaking clue how anyone that has been a fan of this team for any amount of time could possibly have that perspective but it's your prerogative.

There was pretty much unobstructed winning from 1987 to 2012 missing the the playoffs 3 times in 25 years with 9 Division titles, 6 Eastern Conference appearances, 5 finals appearances....**** that noise "run into the ground" that's pure bull ****.

Everything he did in the past is great we all know that but the state the team was in when he handed it to Ray was f***ing putrid. I'll give you the ownership issue but he doesn't get a pass for the worst prospect pool in the league when he handed it over. Ray didn't pull any punches we we're equivalent to a expansion franchise.. an he wasn't wrong when he said that.

Reactions: Bleedred

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
This is just a move of pure f***ing stupidity. Shero has f***ing learned nothing, and the two owners are daft f***s as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad