Post-Game Talk: Hyman the only Leaf to show up as Leafs lose 8-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Everythingis crap anyway so please try engvall with tavares and nylander. or tima.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I think that everyone will agree that this loss is on the goalies, the Leafs out shot and out played Florida, but lost because 20 % of the shots they allowed went in.
It's time for management to take control of this team.
Dubas knows he is going hout ever night his ass puckered with marancin ceci and Barrie .playing like bafoons
U have sandin and lillygren in the minors
Today is a perfect day for a trade

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I'll be very, very ticked if Dubas, at the very least, does not put in a serious offer for Georgiev. I have my reasons:

1) Hutch is kinda "meh". He's Low Average, which is not good enough for a contending team.
2) Anderson is buddy-buddy with Hutch, but may need more of a threat behind him to help him play better
3) We have a ton of extra forwards - we don't even know what to do with them! We also have prospects (some of whom want a trade) and a decent amount of mid-to late picks. That's what it takes for a trade.
4) There's a chance Georgiev develops into a starter. Yes, not a sure thing, but a chance. Worth a gamble. This type of scenario - a goalie with starter potential available - doesn't pop up that often.

If we offer, and Rangers want more or something else, that's fine. I want to hear about a serious offer though.

Also, bring up Lilly!!

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If anyone could explain our defensive system to me, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to see us experiment with 6 defenseman who cannot "move the puck" because whatever this monstrosity is that Dubas has built, I'm not a fan.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'll be very, very ticked if Dubas, at the very least, does not put in a serious offer for Georgiev. I have my reasons:

1) Hutch is kinda "meh". He's Low Average, which is not good enough for a contending team.
2) Anderson is buddy-buddy with Hutch, but may need more of a threat behind him to help him play better
3) We have a ton of extra forwards - we don't even know what to do with them! We also have prospects (some of whom want a trade) and a decent amount of mid-to late picks. That's what it takes for a trade.
4) There's a chance Georgiev develops into a starter. Yes, not a sure thing, but a chance. Worth a gamble. This type of scenario - a goalie with starter potential available - doesn't pop up that often.

If we offer, and Rangers want more or something else, that's fine. I want to hear about a serious offer though.

Also, bring up Lilly!!

Any goalie will get lit with this team D. You'll see, they might get Georgiev then he will not look all that much better than Freddie. Then what? He is not that much better, if at all, than Fred. This is a team D problem, always has been. And a team effort problem. The Panthers were up 7-1 before the team even bothered to try.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Out hit 18-6. How about if they only play 1/3 of the way they should they only get 1/3 the pay? I think the coaching change has done all it can and we are still left with the same old player problems and GM problems we had before the change.

The Kadri trade is reason enough to fire Dubas, aside from his other mistakes.

Last edited:

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I think that everyone will agree that this loss is on the goalies, the Leafs out shot and out played Florida, but lost because 20 % of the shots they allowed went in.

I don't agree. Entire team played like shit until Florida let up on us when the game was over at 7-1.

If the goaltenders were switched we still lose that game.

People making excuses for this team performance by blaming the goalies drive me crazy. You really think that effort out of our skaters will win a playoff round?

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Any goalie will get lit with this team D. You'll see, they might get Georgiev then he will not look all that much better than Freddie. Then what? He is not that much better, if at all, than Fred. This is a team D problem, always has been. And a team effort problem. The Panthers were up 7-1 before the team even bothered to try.
Agreed, but I don't think he'd be fighting for Freddie's job this year anyway. It's more of a future investment. The D system has to be addressed first for sure, but I would want to make a bid for Georgiev right now because these opportunities don't come that often (especially since we actually have people to trade for him).

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Our defence seem to get plentiful space and time in the offensive zone and then they hold it and then pass to the other defender who likely ends up more covered than the forward who originally dished it back.

With all the open space they have should they just start blasting slap shots every time and see where the chips fall? At the very least defenders will be crapping themselves and thrown off their game because they have bombs raining down on them endlessly. Maybe it’s an unwritten rule to not fire slapshots into a crowd, I dunno.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
That was a awful game from Freddy on up to all the d-man and forwards. A big divisional game and we show up and give an effort like that, I don't think we particularly played all that good tbh, without Muzzin our already weak d-core is really starting to show its colors.

Last edited:

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario

Exactly this.

I like Freddie and he is a great goalie (All Star), but if we are going to praise him over the top when he "wins a game for the Leafs" then we have to also be honest when he loses one for them.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario

Also, bring up Lilly!!

Problem is, there is a chance Dubas does make an offer and noone ever hears about it.

Then Dubas gets blamed for not making an offer.

I do agree tho, if the offer isn't too crazy it's a good player to go after.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
I don't agree. Entire team played like **** until Florida let up on us when the game was over at 7-1.

If the goaltenders were switched we still lose that game.

People making excuses for this team performance by blaming the goalies drive me crazy. You really think that effort out of our skaters will win a playoff round?

Do you think that effort out of the Goalies will get them passed a playoff round ?

Freddie was awful tonight, he is a good goalie, but awful tonight.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Also ban their girlfriends and wives. No more sex for a week. Sex should be allowed only with Keefe’s permission - when the player is giving 100%. If I become coach the team will suck, because I have no clue - but they will show up every night and give 100%, I promise!!!

The 'unintended meaning' post of the decade on HF . . .

Reactions: Rogue Leader

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Deangelo is really blossoming this year. I think NY sees him as a core guy now, but I may be wrong.

Deangelo has 36 points in 44 games, Reilly has 27 in 46 games . . . I doubt you'd like the price you'd have to pay to get him and Georgiev.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

DALLER66

Nov 17, 2019
Don’t agree .. this isn’t a goalie struggling .. this is a team that only cares about offence .. 10 2 on 1 ,s in one game and your saying the goalies need to step up ? Leafs are only good when Anderson stands on his head .. been this way for long time .. doesn’t help when keefe says I need to let these players have freedom .. by doing so it turns into a shiny game with no structure .. hence brutal defensive lapses

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Do you think that effort out of the Goalies will get them passed a playoff round ?

Freddie was awful tonight, he is a good goalie, but awful tonight.

I'm not saying Freddy was good, or even decent. He was bad, so was Hutch. But goaltending was just one of multiple problems, not the only one as people keep pretending.

Few goaltenders would've been able to save the Leafs last night.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
The problem with Freddie will come when it's time to re-new his contract. He will want a lot more money. The Leafs won't be in a position to pay him. Dubas needs to find someone between now and then who will play goal for the Leafs. I'm happy with Freddie currently because he's worth what he makes when compared to others. That will not be the case in a few years when he gets big money from someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad