HUT Thread: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

skirby3

Nov 11, 2013
Port Huron, Michigan
Just borrowed Jokerit and Edmonton from Tumty. Highly recommend! Great lender. Walked me through the whole process and talked a little hockey too. Now I'm hooked.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Broke down and bought one of the promo packs. Versteeg was the best card and one of 3 rare players out of 10 rares in the pack. When they say at least 3 rare players, be prepared to only get 3 rare players and mostly jerseys for the rest of the rares.

I probably would've been better off going after 3 Gold Premiums.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
On the bright side, these Promo Packs give Promo cards. I opened three, and:

Pack 1: Larsen SOTW
Pack 2: Backlund Movember
Pack 3: Galchenyuk Movember

antwon44

Sep 16, 2010
tried out the promo pack, since it said ALL cards are gold quality. pulled a phaneuf and a bogosian in the same pack. i got about 10 rare players in the pack, a coach, a jersey and training cards.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
EA just ****ed me over. I was playing in OT and my goalie had the puck. I pass it behind me towards a player and it registers as an own goal, even though the puck is nowhere near the net. Come on EA, I suck enough at this game that I don't need you screwing me up.

Lol, the other guy messaged me and said sorry.

Nathan MacKinnon

Believe in BLUE
Jun 24, 2012
Surrey, BC
EA just ****ed me over. I was playing in OT and my goalie had the puck. I pass it behind me towards a player and it registers as an own goal, even though the puck is nowhere near the net. Come on EA, I suck enough at this game that I don't need you screwing me up.

Lol, the other guy messaged me and said sorry.
I've already scored 5 times this year where I've passed the puck from my goalie into my own net. Consider yourself lucky. I did it twice against Mg x Nuclear (#3 overall on XBOX) in two different games lol. Talk about choking against a top opponent.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
My current team is my favorite so far this year just so fun to use.

Stamkos- Duchene- Malkin
Lemieux- Gretzky- Hall
totw Chimera- Carter- totw skinner
totw vrbata- totw boyle- totw raymond

Seabrook- Suter
Doughty - Mo Alzner
Myers - Letang

Lundqvist
Lehtonen

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Opened a pack yesterday and pulled a Duchene (which also allowed me to complete the Avs). Who's spot should he take? My current centers are...

Kopitar (Captain)
H. Sedin
TOTW M. Richards
Couture

BostonBruins77

Nov 8, 2013
Boston
I know im new here but i may have to get into this collection lending thing. I need to make more pucks. I can assure you im a trust worthy guy and would never screw anyone over. Ive never done it and may need to be walked through the process. I have collateral and would love to get into this. Pm me here if anyone is interested in lending. Thanks in advance, im on xbox.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Anyone know any RW playmakers for around 8k? (I have Pominville).

Also, does anyone have any LW Snipers for around 10k?

I don't really use change position cards because it causes lost resale value.

Also, I have an idea. To help all of those who are new and/or don't have a lot of pucks, why don't we recommend good lines for around 10-20k?

I'll start with a good 3rd-4th Grinder Line:
TOTW Chimera (7.5-8k) - Ott (.85k) - Clarkson (.9k)

This line has been solid for me, there all great on the PK unit and do the gritty stuff my other lines aren't strong enough to do. And Chimera alone, he is an absolute monster on skates. Ott and Clarkson can eventually be upgraded later, but this line has been great for me so far. Slap some change team cards and it's an easy 99 chemistry

Total Cost: ~9.8k
Total Cost with Change team Cards: 13.5k

Sniping line:
Movember Moulson (10k, Regular = 5-7.5k) - Travis Zajac (3-4.5k) - Havlat (1.5k)

This line can produce goals, but has also struggled, but they usually pump out 1-3 goals per game. Havlat is, as always, underrated, and Zajac is at his cheapest since the game came out! I'll be the first to admit that the chemistry of this line is a bit shaky, but it's good if your just trying the game out. Moulson has a bomb of a shot and Zajac can be used on the PK if need be. All-in-all, a solid line.

Total Cost: 11-13.5k (Depending on which Moulson on you get)

Best underrated goalie so far:
TOTW Gustavsson

He gets it done! Slap some training cards and duration on him and he will be a great purchase

Cost: ~12k
Cost with training and 15 game duration: 16-17k

HoshiBlitz

Jul 10, 2011
Red mile.
My friend was bidding on SOTW Andersens and I decided to troll him and bid 50 over. He kept finding cheap bid ones and I now have bought 5 Andersens. 30k to troll. Yippee!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Lately I've been wheeling and dealing, especially with the new SOTW's coming out, I have switched my lines around a bit. With that being said here's a Team Update:

Team 'OttawaOilers'

Logan Couture (89) - Jason Spezza (90, C) - Bobby Ryan (88, A)
Taylor Hall (88, A) - Ryan Kesler SOTW (89) - Matt Duchene (87)
Marty St. Louis (87) - Patrice Bergeron HFC (89) - Brent Burns (87)
Jason Chimera SOTW (84) - Joe Pavleski SOTW (88) - Chris Neil SOTW (80)

Ryan Suter (92) - Erik Karlsson SOTW (Trained - 99)
Brent Seabrook (89) - Drew Doughty (88)
Ryan McDonagh (88) - Cam Fowler SOTW (84)
Tobias Enstrom SOTW (85)
Phillip Larsen SOTW (82)

Frederik Andersen SOTW (80) - Robin Lehner SOTW (80)
Ben Bishop SOTW (Trained - 92)

Really liking the new SOTW's. Andersen and Lehner have been absolutely Solid for me, along with Fowler; gotta love that speed!

Have the Ottawa Senators and Edmonton Oilers Collection to Lend. If you're interested just shoot me a message/friend request.

PS3 - OttawaOilers - SenzFan2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad