HUT Thread: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
My new and improved line-up after making a few moves on the market.

D.Sedin H.Sedin A.Kopitar
J.Benn L.Couture TOTW Eberle
TOTW A.Galchenyuk R.Nugent-Hopkins TOTW Yakupov
J.Scott D.Boyle M.Brown

TOTW Gonchar P.Subban
J.Bouwmeester T.Myers
B.Campbell J.Johnson

TOTW Fleury
TOTW Gustavsson

Just put up J.Carter up for sale(360). Going to use the pucks from him to upgrade my blueline. Thinking about swapping Campbell with someone. Not sure who yet though.

My next player I'm saving up for = Taylor Hall. After that, Karlsson. Since I'm done spending $$ and just playing, it may take awhile lol. Gonna have to get a winning streak going here, hopefully double pucks will come up again soon for one of these weekends!! Love the double pucks, can easily pull 20,000 at least in a weekend of playing.

Btw, the Sedins are absolute beasts. Easily my best players, having maintained a steady PPG average in over 100 games. I love how not many other people have them either.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
My new and improved line-up after making a few moves on the market.

D.Sedin H.Sedin A.Kopitar
J.Benn L.Couture TOTW Eberle
TOTW A.Galchenyuk R.Nugent-Hopkins TOTW Yakupov
J.Scott D.Boyle M.Brown

TOTW Gonchar P.Subban
J.Bouwmeester T.Myers
B.Campbell J.Johnson

TOTW Fleury
TOTW Gustavsson

Just put up J.Carter up for sale(360). Going to use the pucks from him to upgrade my blueline. Thinking about swapping Campbell with someone. Not sure who yet though.

Btw, the Sedins are absolute beasts. Easily my best players, having maintained a steady PPG average in over 100 games. I love how not many other people have them either.

Hows MAF?

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Hows MAF?
Steady. Nothing spectacular, but definitely a consistent netminder. Think his GAA is sitting at about 2.50 over 15 games played.

Other goalies in his price range (70 G's) = Ward, Rask, Miller. Neither who I like. Rinne is a beast and only about 15-20 g's more than Fleury, but I prefer to have TOTW. Something about the black shiny card that I like to see in my lineup!

steviek3b

Feb 18, 2005
Northern, NJ
If you also didn't get the card, then he simply got 4593 in a trade.
If you got it, and all you had was 4593, then you bid in such a way that you threw all your pucks into the bid, not 50.

That aside, I have no idea. The only way to bid in those increments is to have that many pucks or to have under 1m, scroll to what you have, and decrease it until you're at what you want to bid.

Thanks for the replies to both Engebretson and TheQuackAttack.

I just logged onto ps3 and found that it shows the same thing (won the player for 4500+ pucks), but then when I sent the player to my collection, he never showed up there.

It must be some bug in HUT. Anyway, I don't know if I lost the pucks or not because I don't remember how many I had when I bid on him. Either way, I have over 60k pucks so I am not that worried about it. If it cost me all of my pucks, then I would be a bit annoyed.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
How does EA decide TOTW? Does it have to do with their play in real life ?

I always wondered this.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Really contemplating picking up Movember Bobby Ryan and I think I have a way to do it that would make my lineup very fun...

How does EA decide TOTW? Does it have to do with their play in real life ?

I always wondered this.

Yep. The NHL announces the 3 Stars of the Week on Monday and those 3 players are basically a lock to make the HUT TOTW and probably get some of the highest OVR stat boosts. The HUT Live players get chosen based on real life performance whereas the special edition cards like HFC and Movember got/get chosen based on unknown criteria.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
So after like a month of being stuck in Division 5/4, I get past Division 3 in one try.....

Here's my current team:

Vanek (A) - HFC Duchene (A) - Pominville (C)
TOTW Eller - HFC Bergeron - Benn
Skinner - Kesler - Voracek
TOTW Chimera -Helm - Simmons

McDonagh - TOTW Byfuglien
TOTW Bouwmeester - TOTW Shattenkirk
TOTW Garrison - Bogosian

Smith
Anderson

Pucks: 46,500

I spend a lot of pucks improving my D. I'd still like to replace Bogo. Any decent priced options?

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So after like a month of being stuck in Division 5/4, I get past Division 3 in one try.....

Here's my current team:

TOTW Garrison - Bogosian

Smith
Anderson

I spend a lot of pucks improving my D. I'd still like to replace Bogo. Any decent priced options?

Well done. I've been stuck in Div 3 for ages !! I've come to peace with the fact, that I'll probably be in Div 3 forever. Every so often, I do move upto Div 2 but I can't stay in Div 2.

Brnnnn

Oct 26, 2011
Newfoundland

Here's my current team:

TOTW Garrison - Bogosian

Smith
Anderson

Seabrook

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Just won 7 in a row to make division 1, now let's see how my team with no stars can handle the top spot.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
What does your line-up look like?

landeskog - j.staal - cammalleri (rw) all changed to wpg

steen - berglund - stewart

kunitz - sutter - bennett

sobotka - mcclement - ward

mcdonagh - giradi

hedman - bogosian (both wpg)

boumeester - e.johnson (both stl)

bobrovsky
enroth