HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
There's also so much misinformation from HUT youtubers right now on how TOTY works..

One says community TOTY is players who did not receive a TOTW card (which is what it was last year), but in another video I see someone suggesting that Matthews is risky but could get community TOTY (Matthews has had TOTW cards). Matthews is U23 with an ELC and should be a lock for Young Stars though, I'm not sure why he didn't mention this. Same person saying Kovalchuk would be a good investment for community mentioned that he could get a boost up to 93 for example, where the other said players like Rielly at 87 right now may only go up to 93-95 because they don't just get 10+ overall boosts. The person who recommended Kovalchuk I noticed told someone in the comments that they wouldn't recommend buying Skinner though which is completely contradicting because Skinner is EASILY the best LW that didn't get a TOTW card and you have to assume he'd get voted in. Then you have absurd suggestions like saying Keller, Hischier, Patrick should get Young Stars TOTY when they are no where near the points that some other ELC players have.

It's a lot of bad information from these guys who are considered some of the better HUT YouTuber's IMO.

I'm sticking to my guns on the players I believe will be on TOTY. The amount that they will be boosted is the only thing that's unknown.

For anyone else interested in investing in EVO's for what it's worth I did a bit of research and here's how I think the team's would shake up assuming no snubs..

Community:
Skinner - Malkin - Stone
Benn - Getzlaf - Voracek
Teravainen - Hertl - Radulov
Kovalchuk - RNH - Dadanov

Keith - Subban
Chara - Ellis
Morrissey - Petry

Hellebuyck

Defensive:
Marchand - Bergeron - Wheeler
Couturier - Barkov - Toews
O'Reilly - Kopitar - Lindholm
Giroux

Hedman - Doughty
Josi - Jones

Young Guns:
Rantanen - Point - Marner
Tkachuk - Matthews - Aho
DeBrincat - Pettersson - Barzal/Meier/Dubois

Chabot - Dahlin
Werenski - Heiskanen

Hart

Offensive:
Gaudreau - McDavid - Kucherov
Ovechkin - Crosby - Kane
Draisaitl - Stamkos - MacKinnon

Giordano - Burns
Rielly - Carlson/Letang

Vasilevskiy

Those are my predictions to look back on. :laugh:

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Just bought the game yesterday and started a HUT team. Got my team up to an 86 and have 30k in coins banked but not sure what challenges or sets I should focus on first. Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just bought the game yesterday and started a HUT team. Got my team up to an 86 and have 30k in coins banked but not sure what challenges or sets I should focus on first. Any advice is welcome, thanks!
any and all offline challenges. The current event will get you a pack which could be useful. Definitely do the re-roll sets to get some decent gold common/rares. A few months ago I'd say do the 5 gold rare to 1 gold collectable set but gold collectables are barely worth anything now.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thank you, not sure what you mean by “re-roll” sets?
under sets there's a "re-roll" option or something like that. Basically you can trade 5 of one particular type of player (bronze, silver, silver rare, gold common) for one payer from the next tier. So 5 gold commons gets you one gold rare. You can also trade 5 gold rares for a gold collectable, which was great when collectibles went for 20k. They're barely worth 9k now so it may not be worth it.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Nobody is 100% on TOTY until it comes out. Community TOTY and Young Guns TOTY eligibility changes year to year.

As for the poster holding out hope on Larkin, don’t hold your breath. He’s 35th in league scoring, and it doesn’t matter how bad his team is. Players do get upgraded after TOTY when the game is getting old and boring, but he probably doesn’t have any big jumps left.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Nobody is 100% on TOTY until it comes out. Community TOTY and Young Guns TOTY eligibility changes year to year.

As for the poster holding out hope on Larkin, don’t hold your breath. He’s 35th in league scoring, and it doesn’t matter how bad his team is. Players do get upgraded after TOTY when the game is getting old and boring, but he probably doesn’t have any big jumps left.

I disagree about giving up hope. Other players have been mentioned for DToTW when they’re not putting up better numbers. Or at least similar numbers... again on a way worse team. Hopefully EA looks at this fairly this time around.

I’m obviously not expecting a 99. But his card is already really good imho. Any upgrades from now will just make it better.

Last edited:

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Anybody notice any players who play extremely fast in the gameplay? I find some players are very fast even if they aren’t the highest rated speed wise. For example Jared Spurgeon I find to be the fastest on my team even though I have players who are rated higher for speed/acceleration.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Why did they make it so theres lag it auto catches up without pausing? This is only on HUT and been like that for 2 months now, sucks cuz I wanted to complete the game and get Owen Nolan only can play online versus now for playable games.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Why did they make it so theres lag it auto catches up without pausing? This is only on HUT and been like that for 2 months now, sucks cuz I wanted to complete the game and get Owen Nolan only can play online versus now for playable games.
I don't know but its horrible. besides that the gameplay is f***ing garbage right now. I don't what they did but I cant do anything. I cant hit, no one wants to pick up a rebound. Its garbage

Reactions: Joey Moss

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Short answer: Dedicated servers

Long answer:

Basically, the game used to use peer-vs-peer connection. The game would just connect through each users internet, so if one of you had a poor connection or lagged, the game would pause for a moment or two then resume. The same for both of you, whether you had amazing connection or poor connection.

However, this caused many problems and exploits. IP booting, for starters. They could easily obtain your IP address and send a ton of usage to your internet and end up disconnecting you for a free win. The Playstation games got so exploited there was some sort of pause glitch where you would be kicked from a game when the opponent paused the game.

In late 2018, NHL 19 switched to dedicated servers, meaning each user connects to their local server and the game goes through that, meaning the two players connections are not directly communicating with each other. Because of this, if one player lags, the other won't lag, so instead of it freezing and resuming, yours will freeze then catch up to where the game is at the server.

It's a blessing sometimes, and a curse at other times. If you live close to an EA server, you'll be playing with an advantage because your connection doesn't need to travel as far to ping the server. If you're far away, you're going to experience a mix of frozen gameplay that you have to catch back up to, or input lag, which is just the game constantly taking an extra moment to react to what you're telling your controller to do.

Personally, I live in Southern Ontario, and I'm not 100% sure how close I am to a server. Recently they updated the Network Analysis screen to show how long it takes for you to ping the server and return to your gameplay. I average around ~38ms, which is usually pretty good for me.

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Finally got my first real nice pull. I’ve been doing the trade in sets almost every day for a couple months now, and my best pull was an 88 Derek Roy diamond card. Just did the 5 gold commons and pulled a 93 Prime Time Rantanen. Did the 2 for 1 re-roll right after that and pulled an 89 Prime Time Krejci. My luck has finally turned!

Reactions: KJoe88

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I sold EVO John Carlson for 550k. I started getting worried about TOTY boosts only being 6 and wasn't convinced he would be on offensive TOTY. Now I'm not sure if I should have put him up considering he's rare with BU and may become a 97.

At the very least I bought him for 300k a month ago so made a good profit.

Wish there was more clarity on TOTY.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Is evo Taylor Hall a good buy at 180 000? That was the first time I payed more than 100k on a player and my first evo

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Is evo Taylor Hall a good buy at 180 000? That was the first time I payed more than 100k on a player and my first evo
Well he's not going to get any more upgrades but I found him to be one of my favorite cards in the game when I had him. I think he is worth that price but he could probably be had for much cheaper in 2 weeks.

Reactions: Snip Genos

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Yeah, I noticed tier 5 was pulled too. Speculation from some twitch streamers I watch (and also on reddit) is Hull got removed because of domestic violence.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
This would be a really fun game but face offs suck. Cant win one above rookie. Watched videos, did the tutorial, turned on tips, tried changing tuming and technique.....nothing. CPU owns me on face offs. Makes playing the challenges brutal.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
This would be a really fun game but face offs suck. Cant win one above rookie. Watched videos, did the tutorial, turned on tips, tried changing tuming and technique.....nothing. CPU owns me on face offs. Makes playing the challenges brutal.
If you absolutely have to, play the challenge twice. Use FM synergies, make sure you have the most energized line on the ice taking face offs when you can.
Don't always use backhand or forehand on the draw, the cpu picks it up after awhile.
Don't be afraid to tie up as well.
Also forgot to add, make sure you have your best faceoff guys taking draws, some centres have a bit worse faceoffs than others, so double check those faceoff stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dickie Dunn

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So where did the March legend go?!?

Already done 3 tiers because I saved my February ones, and now he’s gone? That’s crap

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I noticed tier 5 was pulled too. Speculation from some twitch streamers I watch (and also on reddit) is Hull got removed because of domestic violence.

That’s been around forever. If they removed him, good, but they need to replace him.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
To the guy who was holding onto Evo Larkin...good call! Up to a 95.

Barkov, McKinnon, McDavid, Marner and Chabot get 99s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad