HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Won my first D1 title of NHL19 (won one in NHl18).

My advice for this years game: speed on the wing. Hall, Gartner, Modano, Duchene, Mikita. Learn how and when to use your speed and protect the puck and you’ll get goals.

Also, learn a little bit of LT/L2. It’s completely overpowered in the game. I’m not one to skate down ice backwards, but it can absolutely trick your opponent once you learn how to use it to manipulate your players movements. A little tap can go a long way.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Anyone have the 86 OVR IPOTG Mikael Granlund? Or the 86 OVR Christmas Rasmus Ristolainen?

Willing to buy them for Coins depending on the price.

PS4

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Are they? Darn, didn't know, just saw them on hutdb.

Well, that sucks.
Yeah the Granlund was part of the Christmas rewards which I know are untradeable, then the Risto was given for completing challenges and I'm farily certain that was also untradeable.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Pulled 88 Ukko-Pekka Lukonen in re-roll.. 6’5 goalie

PT Matt Murray has been awesome all year for me but I’m excited to try this card. Haven’t been a big fan of the 88 overall diamond skaters but goalies are another story.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
EA just dropped a 97 trade deadline Peter Forsberg, as well as a free challenge 90 Forsberg. RIP to anyone that owned him

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Why are line changes in this game so bad?

I lost an online game earlier in the week where my completely red fourth line wouldn't change late in the 3rd (no matter what). I thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong. Well, I just bought the 92 Pronger and getting him on the ice is a challenge. Coffey wouldn't change despite control of the puck for the entire period..

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Not a huge fan of the 90 Forsberg so far. Doesn’t play like it.

But has great face offs so he’ll be my 4th line center for a while.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Wont be able to log on until tomorrow but this event seems like it has a lot going on.

How bad did the market crash?

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Wont be able to log on until tomorrow but this event seems like it has a lot going on.

How bad did the market crash?
Well, it didn't just crash. It got absolutely shattered in pieces! :D

Imagine people were trading Gretzky/Lemiux for 94 LGD Forsberg as he was basically an unicorn before yesterday. Now, the card is worth like 500k if you think about it.

People are dumbing MSP McDavid for peanuts as they want coins to build that new 97 Forsberg.

Also, there was a window when some users were dumbing gold rares for 1k buy now.

I'd say the market will recover little bit but if you are thinking buying some older cards, now is the time before they are gone and/or flipped back to more normal price.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well, it didn't just crash. It got absolutely shattered in pieces! :D

Imagine people were trading Gretzky/Lemiux for 94 LGD Forsberg as he was basically an unicorn before yesterday. Now, the card is worth like 500k if you think about it.

People are dumbing MSP McDavid for peanuts as they want coins to build that new 97 Forsberg.

Also, there was a window when some users were dumbing gold rares for 1k buy now.

I'd say the market will recover little bit but if you are thinking buying some older cards, now is the time before they are gone and/or flipped back to more normal price.
Damn, I've spent the past month or so building my all time penguins team.. IPOTG gonchar and Johnson for 150 and 120k, Larry Murphy for 175k, ipotg hossa for 375k, all star letang for 200k.... I should've waited haha.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Not a huge fan of the 90 Forsberg so far. Doesn’t play like it.

But has great face offs so he’ll be my 4th line center for a while.

He’s really slow and sluggish. Put one right through the net for his first goal on my team though

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Any Finnish players here? Would you mind explaining why you have to watch every single replay, not just the goals but also the penalties? It takes an hour and a half to complete a high-scoring game with a Finnish opponent. :)

Reactions: Loff

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
He’s really slow and sluggish. Put one right through the net for his first goal on my team though

Saw the freebie 85 OVR version up for bids last week so I got him, but he was even slower. I guess the 85's are tradeable if you bought a second version of that 99 upgrade being sold on the Xbox market under NHL 19. Thankfully, I sold him before the new cards were released. The 90 had a really good play in my first game where he made a nice cut across the slot for a one-timer goal, but other than that, not much from him. It seems like the cards are juiced early on when I use a new card, but then fades until I overhaul my lineups.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I got 94 Rob Blake flashback in a Silver pack :laugh:

Went to open the pack because I ran out of contracts.. couldn't believe it.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I was banned for a month please tell me they changed something about this game?

It’s unplayable at this point, absolutely garbage product.

FriedmansBaldSpot

Dec 10, 2009
Did they screw with the gameplay again during this latest update? it was working fine before when they reverted back the tuner, now it's crap again.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Did they screw with the gameplay again during this latest update? it was working fine before when they reverted back the tuner, now it's crap again.
I don't know if it was my connection or what but I played 2 online games tonight and it just felt... weird. Player swithcing didn't seem right and everything just felt off. Sometimes that happens and it's just a bad night so we'll see if that's an outlier or a trend. But I didn't like the gameplay tonight.
I would think very low.

There are at least 12 forwards more worthy of young guns TOTY.
He's got some good numbers but I'm inclined to agree. Came close to getting some Prime Times but unfortunately hasn't upped his value much.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Got destroyed by a dude who had Gretzky and Mario 99s as his first two centers. Lost 13-3. Was really not fun. Didn’t care after the sixth goal and played it out for the Feb collectible

On a side note my Evo Larkin got upgraded

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
And I just won a game 7-0. Opponents cards were really good actually. 97 Forsberg, 93 Tavares, 92 Evo Matthews and tons others

Matchmaking seems so wonky. I’m in div 3 fwiw.

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
These re-roll packs can be cool and depressing at the same time. Since I pulled that Coffey a while back I haven’t pulled anything since.

Until a couple of nights ago things have changed. I’ve pulled base Ovi 86, Diamond Petersen 87, Diamond Kubalik 88, Alumni Probert and a TD card. Which TD card? Nick freaking Bjugstad. Finally got one and it was an 84 card- slap to the face lol. Still okay, but disappointed none of those weren’t just slightly better. Saw the Bjugstad and the Pens logo and thought it was Hossa or Iginla... ugh

Now I feel like I have to wait a while can to get some luck again. Still waiting for that monster pull. Hopefully sooner than later. Tbf, that was the first ever Ovi I’ve ever pulled in any HUT. Really want him on my team but at this point idk if I can slot him anywhere.

Last edited:

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I'd say Coffey is a monster pull, but I guess it's all relative. My best re-roll this year has been an 88 diamond goalie Bartosak or something like that. Best NHL player? Base Ovi. You're expecting a 350k card to show up--it may not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad